Anyone else like the TV show "Justified" ?

Lefty

This is my current favorite TV series

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justified_(TV_series)

When it was on the air my favorite show was Deadwood. Timothy Olyphant played Seth Bullock the sheriff in Deadwood. In Justified, he plays badass US Marshall Raylan Givens, working in Kentucky, where he also grew up. . It is based on Elmore Leonard's novels Pronto and Riding the Rap and his short story "Fire in the Hole". Elmore Leonard who died last year was one of America's greatest novelists. His books were the basis also for the movies Jackie Brown, Out Of Sight, Get Shorty, and The Big Bounce. 

Raylan's main nemesis is Boyd Crowder, played by the very talented Walton Goggins. Raylan and Boyd were childhood friends and worked in the coal mines together in their late teens. Then Boyd went into the army, served in Desert Storm, came home to begin leading a life of crime,  while Raylan left home, joined the Marshall's Service, got stationed in Miami. After shooting a major drug dealer ("he pulled first, the shooting was justified", Raylan says), he gets transferred to the Lexington KY office. So a lot of his cases end up being in his childhood home area of Harlan County. 

Anyway, I really like the show, just in case anyone else maybe interested, I thought I'd mention it. 

Lefty; when do have time for sleep??

I tried an episode or 2, couldn't get past the goofy cowboy hat.....but I will try it out again, I do like Olyphant and thought he was good in Live Free or Die Hard.  Don't you think the guy has an uncanny resemblance to Karl Urban from "Red" and the 2nd Bourne Movie? Photo below.

Here's my 2nd favorite show, after the all-time best, Breaking Bad; Shameless, starring William H. Macy.  3 seasons in the can with season 4 starting next week.  IMO Frank Gallagher is one of the best characters ever created and Macy plays it to perfection.

post-107-0-03582800-1388837194_thumb.jpg

Shameless looks interesting. I do not get Showtime, so haven't seen it.  I'll try to find it on the net. 

DSFDF, but I consider Deadwood the all time best. Al Swearengen portrayed by Ian McShane is the best played character on a TV series ever.  JMO

Shameless looks interesting. I do not get Showtime, so haven't seen it.  I'll try to find it on the net. 

It's actually a remake of a British TV series from a decade ago, done in Chicago......Macy plays the father of a dysfunctional Irish family and he's the most dysfunctional of all.   Rarely home, always broke, always drunk, always trying to scam the system.....and he plays it to perfection.   Highly recommended, get the first season and I guarantee you will want to watch 2 and 3 and soon there will be season 4 coming.  2nd best show I've ever seen.