Wine/Booze

SiamSam

Had a bottle of MONKEY BAY Sauvignon Blanc from Marlborough New Zealand. Quite good. The label says: "Best shared with friends." I waited but nobody showed up. So I drank it. :-)

The bottle also says it contains milk, fish, and sulphites. Sulphites I understand but milk and fish?!!? Bizarre.

If you had only called me Sam...I woulda jumped in the jet and been there in a flash...All you gotta do is pick up the phone young man...Woulda stopped by and picked up your Aussie friend too...

But what a coincy...I am here in beautiful downtown Arizona enjoying a bottle of Berringer (one of the 3 Napa Valley originals) Sauvignon Blanc...which is very very nice but it does not contain any milk or fish products nor sulphites whatever sulphites might be...

To enjoy fully my lovely California Sauvignon Blanc, I opened a couple boxes of crackers and dragged out a hunk of cheese...One box of crackers is labeled as Mediterranean Herb Bruschetta Rounds.. And they are very nice... The other box, which is a roasted garlic flavor and which is also quite nice, has a very strange statement printed on the box.. the statement reads...NATURAL FLAVOR WITH OTHER NATURAL FLAVOR...

So you would be correct if you guessed that my question now is, "What the fuck does that mean?"

I actually bought this bottle for my daughter who was due to come visit me for the weekend but reported that she has a new beau in her life which is very nice for the old guy to hear so I drank her wine...

I am drinking and eating while I am watching a football game broadcast from Green Bay, Wisconsin...Did I spell that right...Where something like rain but more like snow is falling all over everyone and it appears cold as...well a whole fucking lot cold...I am watching this while I am sitting here in my shorts and flip flops and t-shirt with my slider open enjoying my wine and cheese and crackers...It's maybe 70 or so outside...So perhaps you better come join me...

And please remember Sam, I am hosting the Official End of The World Party here...I am very happy to report that Ford Prefect will be in attendance...

The bottle also says it contains milk, fish, and sulphites. Sulphites I understand but milk and fish?!!? Bizarre.

Isinglass made from dried fish bladders & casein, a protein in milk are both used as a fining agent in the production of wine. Sometimes it's best not to know what we are consuming.

If you had only called me Sam...I woulda jumped in the jet and been there in a flash...All you gotta do is pick up the phone young man...Woulda stopped by and picked up your Aussie friend too...

I'm flattered. And one day I will graduate to "paccie" & not "friend of Sam"... :db:

I actually bought this bottle for my daughter who was due to come visit me for the weekend but reported that she has a new beau in her life which is very nice for the old guy to hear so I drank her wine...

Good for her. I hope he's a keeper. I wish the same for my daughter. I fear intervention is going to be necessary one day. Oh well, it's her life & you can't tell them how to live it.

...I am watching this while I am sitting here in my shorts and flip flops and t-shirt with my slider open enjoying my wine and cheese and crackers...It's maybe 70 or so outside...So perhaps you better come join me...

It's about 90F outside & I am dressed somewhat lighter than you. Want me to send a picture? :rolleye0012:

Last night was a margarita night. I had two of them on the rocks, no salt. I enjoy them from time to time if they are made well. Corner Bar made great ones except for the night Aun was in a bad mood and mistakenly used ouzo instead of tequila.

I never knew the crab man had ouzo on the menu and Aun was in a bad mood more often than not the longer she worked there.

• 1 month later...