Koh samet vs Koh Chang

So gonna take 5 days in Koh Samet or Koh Chang 1st week in oct but cant decide which.

As far as i cant tell pros of Chang are better value for money for hotels, quieter and more to so if the weather holds up, down side is weather may not be good this time of year.

With Samet i think its a safe bet to say you will have decent weather but i have been here before although 10 years ago.

If anyone has any advise on this it would be appreciated,

Also what is the scene like on both islands for LBs if i dont decide to take any company with me ?

It's a valid and oft asked question, Rogue.

I went to Koh Samet recently, but have yet to get to Chang. One reason is it's farther. So, if time constraints or general travel time are an issue, Samet would be a better choice.

I had a good time there. I was with someone, but did spot enough of ours to feel that I could subsist there for a while if necessary.

And don't count on the weather, anywhere. Not around this time, anyways...

Good luck. Have fun...

You guy have hit the key points.

Haven't been to either place in years so my info is outdated.

Ko Chang does have some beer bars with ladydrinks, barfines, etc. There have been reports of a couple ladyboys working there.

If Samet lodging was same same price/quality as Pattaya I'd go for an occasional weekend getaway. But just can't see taking a holiday and staying in a worse room that back home in Pattaya.