Moving To Another Page In A Thread

A few members have reported difficulty moving to a different page in a topic/thread.   Certain combinations of an operating system and a browser may not work correctly.  Sometimes just changing to a different browser works. Not always. Sometimes clearing your browser cache may work.

Here's a simple hack I just discovered.   Let's use the Why Not Bar thread as an example.

If look at the recent url (located all the way up top) of a recent post you will see this:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/7436-why-not-bangkok/page/36/#comment-235422

Erase the #comment-235422 and change the page number to the one you want. In this example let's say you want Page 26 so change 36 to 26 after you deleted #comment -235422 and press enter. So the link will look like this:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/7436-why-not-bangkok/page/26/

I realize it's a pain in the ass to change browsers or clear caches or use the above hack.  But it's very difficult to isolate and correct a problem that might affect around 15% of our members.

The inconvenience of using this hack may not be worth it to just go to another page in a thread.  But if it's a thread that you are very interested in and want to go forward or backwards then this is a method that should work.

• Like 1

Pulci Gorgon points out an even easier method.  Just right click on the page number you want and choose "Open Link In New Tab".  Just tried it and it works for me too.

Screen Shot 2024-02-18 at 10.16.25.png

This method also works for those who can't give Likes.

Pulci Gorgon also points out that using Firefox solves the problem and you can change pages or give Likes normally.  I just remembered that I was having problems giving Likes and changing pages on Chrome so I switched to Firefox a couple months ago.

Pulci Gorgon mentioned that Opera also works well him but both Chrome and Edge are not ideal.   Mac users, PC users, Android users may have different experiences.  YMMV

• Like 1