Jomtien Eats

outsider

Hey all,

Looking for some recs for places to eat in Jomtien. I'll be near the beach off Chaiyaphruek 2 Rd.
Types of places:
1. Good Thai food that is cheap, but also safe.
2. American breakfast (I don't need beans, black pudding or cooked tomatoes on my plate).
3. Rooftop or very nice view place with good food.
4. Any other amazing options in Jomtien proper.

Thanks

• Like 1

Hi Outsider, You are staying a bit off the beaten track, quite a way form the primary Jomtien bar areas and also not all that close to the baht bus route on Beach Road. In your neighborhood there should be some inexpensive Mom and Pops.  I find that the food almost everywhere is quite safe. The more crowded the better.

There also are some popular big seafood joints if you take the baht bus in the direction of Na Jomtien instead of Pattaya that are extremely popular with Thais but I forget the names.  I think Pupen is a very popular one.

On 1/23/2023 at 4:48 PM, outsider said:

Rooftop or very nice view place with good food.

A friend likes DIB Bar, rooftop at the D Varee Hotel.  If you take Soi Chaiyaphruek to Beach Road and make a right, it's about 4 football fields away.  I've never been there myself though.

American breakfast

Cheap Charlies on Beach Road Soi 5 (Immigration Soi) has an American breakfast for 99 baht  Perhaps you can walk on the beach side of Beach Road one way and take the baht bus the other way.

Any other amazing options in Jomtien https://web.facebook.com/sandbar.bythesea9.

Sandbar By The Sea has live music Fri, Sat, and Sunday.  Also sometimes Country and Western on Wednesdays.Fairly good food and not too expensive, though not cheap either. It's along Dongtan Beach pathway.  When the baht bus makes a turn toward Pattaya get off and keep walking along the beach for a football field. Not amazing but worth pointing out.

https://web.facebook.com/sandbar.bythesea9

• Like 1