Certificate of residence

Laawman

I had to get a residence certificate as I was buying a bike. Went down with a friend on the Monday and were told too busy - come back tomorrow. B40 for parking down the shitter. Rolled in at 8:15 the next morning and got the necessary photocopies from the assisting shop there - B300. Queued up for 30 mins at stall 9 only to then be re-directed to stall 10. With 66 people in front we decided to get some brekkie from that on-site cafe whilst waiting so that was another B150. Went back in with minutes to spare only to be directed back to stall 9 again. A shorter wait with yet more photocopies and a further B300 bung for 'admin'. OK, come back after 1pm was her response. Back again later to collect the finished product and I'd finally got it sorted - but what a massive palava! The real bummer was I'd considered getting Maneerat to do it (B500) as they'd already sorted out my ret. visa, but my friend reckoned it was unnecessary as he could do it easily enough. We live and learn!

• Like 4

WOW...Laawman, that just totally sucks.  Sorry you have to go through that maze of incompetents.  I can see that being the norm for everything associated with certifications, visa, etc.  Makes me laugh that maybe they just like playing with foreigners.  I guess its just part of the big picture.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Zeppie said:

WOW...Laawman, that just totally sucks.  Sorry you have to go through that maze of incompetents.  I can see that being the norm for everything associated with certifications, visa, etc.  Makes me laugh that maybe they just like playing with foreigners.  I guess its just part of the big picture.

TiT - This is Thailand. This has long been the foreigners lament! We all used to say that if it wasn't for their inefficiency then we wouldn't be able to afford to live here. Unfortunately, pricing has risen and nothing has really changed. But.........but.........we're guests in their country I hear you cry! Sure, but is this really how you treat your guests?

• Like 1