Ko Samet

This is a thread about all things Ko Samet.

I'll skip the intro for now and come back to it later. First order of business is contact info and ferry schedule to the Sai Kaew Beach Resort.

http://www.samedresorts.com/resort/sai_kaew_trans.htm

In the above link you can find the ferry schedule which leaves Seree Ban Phe pier at 11, 1:30, and 4 according to their website though subject to change so best to contact their reservation office, also in that link. Travel time door to door from Pattaya to the pieris no more than 90 minutes.

The round trip ferry is free however this is a small charge for the Songthew on Ko Samet.

When motoguys see a car with a farang in the back they will often volunteer to show the driver how to get to the pier which will invariably be the wrong pier if one is staying at the Sai Kaew Beach Resort, not to be confused witH the much lower class Sai Kaew Beach Resort.

The number of the correct Ban Phe pier is 038 651 134.

There is also an admission fee to Ko Samet National Park. Farangs pay more than their Thai companions so if traveling with a Thai let them know 1 farang and 1 Thai.

More to follow soon.

I often find it difficult to get the directt phone and email to a hotel because that's not in the interest of 3rd party websites.

Here's some contact info that MIGHT becorrect:

Rsv@samedresorts.com

0438 9771 ( or 9772) 9772 extension 100-105 which might be on Samed, Ban Phe, or Bangkok.

Office hours 8:30 - 5:30.

Another website that has the Sai Kaaew Beach Resort and it's sister resorts. But the ladyboys won't like the others as much as they are too isolated.

http://www.samedresorts.com/

This hotel was always expensive and has gotten more expensive over the years.

However guys who don't like Samet invariably stay at a cheap hotel that turns out to be a piece of shit. A hotel less than 2000 baht will defo not be suitable for a romantic getaway. If one has a fixed lodging budget , I would recommend that they spend much less in Bangko or Pattaya so they can stay at a better, place on Ko Samet.

The only weakness of this hotel is the food. They have a free breakfast buffet. But otherwise much better and cheaper food will be found elsewhere on Sai Kaew Beach.

Sai Kaew Beach is defo where the first time visitor will want to stay.

Eats:

For brekkie the free buffet at Sai Kaew Beach Resort is fine although they stop serving at 10 AM if I recall correctly.

For lunch my recommendation is Ban Ploy Samed. It 's only about a 10 minute moto ride so if there is a day you rent a moto, that's the place to lunch.

Despite what the Facebook page says, I highly doubt you need reservations. I recommend a table where u sit on the floor with your legs dangling in a hole beneath the table. Drop some of your food in the water and see the fish eat.

For dinner I recommend Ploy Talay restaurant which looks similar to the others on Sai Kaew (Sand White) Beach but is the best. It generally has the most diners and is not expensive. Food is great, beer is cheap, and a better than average fire show for entertainment.

http://www.ploytalaygroup.com/restaurant.htm