HIV Outreach To Ladyboys

DownLoLarry

It didn't have great meaning to me until it touched me personally...

Last year mid-summer, I was sitting in my doc's exam room...My doc BTW is a very attractive Vietnamese women...And she is going through my most recent blood work item-by-item and we discuss each one in turn...You know...you need stop eating that and drinking this...And we need to adjust this med...etc...etc...And out of left field (or so I thought) she asks me when I last had an HIV test...The question was a bit shocking but I answered as best as my recollection would allow at that time and tell her that it was in Thailand and approximately when...She knows about my sojourns to SE Asia ...So she proceeds to tell me that it is a test that she cannot order without my permission...So I give her my permission and she orders a test and says you're here why not just go now and have it done with....

At that juncture I make my first mistake...It's late in the day and I don't want to sit and wait for lab work so I decide to come back in a day or two for the HIV blood work...Driving home I think now why in the fuck would she ask me that...When I get home I flip on the computer and begin a Google search for HIV symptoms...Sure enough I can put an X in most every HIV symptoms box..."Goddamnmuterpucker" as my old Filipino friend Tony use to say..."Goddamnsheet".......

So now I'm afraid to even get the fucking test...I think maybe I'll get a private test done so the VA doesn't have to know but then I think no I need the inexpensive meds the VA can provide...Long and short of it, I just didn't want to know for certain.......I'm old...what the fuck...I have had a good life...I'll just wait until it turns to AIDS and then worry about the end...I saw Dallas Buyer's Club...I know the rules....So I wait a week or so while all this fermenting in my mind...........

To make a short story longer...I finally relented and went in for the blood work and the lab tech tells me that like all lab work there is a 3 day wait while they test and then retest the blood before they post the results...which BTW I have access to...but for this test if the results are positive they won't post the results until they notify the doctor and the doc has an opportunity to discuss the results with the patient...

So I wait and begin counting days...On the third day I go online to see if the results have been posted and nothing... "Goddamnmuterpucker" one more time again......Then by day's end I realize that the third day which is a Friday, is also a holiday and the lab and VA clinic is closed..."Goddamnsheet," ....

So I am forced to wait an extra day and hope that they will post on a Saturday...By now the rum and the tequila and the brandy and the gin and the vodka and my final serving of Vicodin are all gone and  I am working on my last bottle of pinot noir....It has turned into Fear and Loathing in Phoenix in my house...Finally on late Saturday afternoon they post...The result thank Buddha is negative...or as negative as they will allow...and I can finally go to sleep  or rather pass out...

So what did I learn in all this except one hundred ways to make a margarita without either tequila or limes.......

First,  be extremely careful and cautious when in SE Asia or anywhere for that matter.......VERY FUCKING CAREFUL.....Don't trust the little head to make the right decision for the big head...ALWAYS PRACTICE SAFE SEX...............NO BAREBACK SEX EVER.............You don't know where that pussy or ass has been....................

Second, don't ever...as in DON'T FUCKING EVER...diagnose your ailments online...That is an inane exercise that will lead you only to the wrong conclusions.....Trust your health care workers and most especially trust your doctor even when she is a very hot Vietnamese and you lust after her and want to fuck her................But even then, if by some strange chance you luck out, make sure you wear a condom.........

• Upvote 1

Thats a very meaningful post, Kahuna;  in some ways more so than the video.  I can identify with your feelings - I'd told my doctor that "I didn't want to know"  and he replied "think about it - do you want to pass it on to someone?"  I did think about it, and like you, I had the work done (also negative).

Caution is the word, for sure.

• Upvote 1

After I posted this a few minutes ago I thought I'll wager that many other BMs have had a similar experience...But it was somehow important for me to post something that said I fucked up and had to learn the hard way...If even one person can learn from our experiences Cobber that would be a very good thing indeed..........................

• Upvote 1