Top International Health Care Cities for Expat Retirees

randiuno

Hi randi, I know that you've been into Cebu a few times and it's an ok place.  I'm not sure though that I would nominate it as somewhere to retire to based on the quality of health care provision.  There are however other benefits available in the City.... :biggrin: 

Huff Post does have it right about booming private health care here in the PI.  There are two standout hospitals in the Manila area (St Lukes in Fort Bonifacio and Asian Hospital in Alabang) that provide above and beyond World class care with attendant facilities and reasonable prices.  There are as well several others in town that are just a notch down the ladder.

Dept of Tourism is heavily promoting the place as a destination for Medical Tourism.  The concept of MT - especially in developing countries -  always makes me feel a wee bit uncomfortable but the new Hospitals here are large corporate businesses and set up to make considerable profits.

Cheers.