Pick your one favorite all time song

Lefty

• 1 month later...

nice choice jimslim.....good sound and obscure enough for me never to have heard of them...

I could include almost anything by Leonard Cohen ....a true genius and IMO,very underrated as opposed to Bob Dylan who recieved all the plaudits yet is very overrated IMO......I hope to get flamed for that opinion...if so,please state why Bob was greater than Leonard (in less than 500 words)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vZ61su9H5RU

This songs about Marianne Faithfull if anyone didnt know.....one of my faves...

@Jimslim: Nice, very nice!.. And I'd never heard of it either!

@Willy: I always used to say that Dylan wrote great songs, but he should of got other people to sing them for him, I've nearly had the odd punch in the face over that one... It's eighty percent right, JMHO.

Here's my favorite Leonard Cohen track 'Closing Time'.

Just soak the words to this old soak's song, it's brilliant!

• Upvote 1

@Jimslim: Nice, very nice!.. And I'd never heard of it either!

@Willy: I always used to say that Dylan wrote great songs, but he should of got other people to sing them for him, I've nearly had the odd punch in the face over that one... It's eighty percent right, JMHO.

Here's my favorite Leonard Cohen track 'Closing Time'.

Just soak the words to this old soak's song, it's brilliant!

That has long been one of my LC favs too. The video combined with the song. Cohen never blinks till the 4:50 mark or so. The only song of his I like as well is The Stranger Song

That has long been one of my LC favs too. The video combined with the song. Cohen never blinks till the 4:50 mark or so. The only song of his I like as well is The Stranger Song

Lefty, you creature of incredible depth & sensitivity.. I LOVE 'The Stranger Song'! It's just such an unbelievably evocative number for the deep & meaningful amongst us, a true classic indeed.

I'm desperate to post it but I won't, because you can only have so many favorite all time songs!

That man just don't blink... Period! :hi:

• 2 weeks later...

The Stranger Song \quote].

Try this one on mate?.. It's Anthony Haggarty (Anthony & the Johnsons), apparently half American, half English & half girl, half boy... Transracial, transexual or both??

Anyway, this is his version of Leonard Cohen's, 'The Guest'? Dunno if you'll like it or not, but I absolutely adore this version!