Fishing - Big game - Fresh Water

sailor

I am sorry if this subject has been discussed already, but being a fishing nut i'd like to add my 2 THB

bangkok:

Bungsamran:

Giant Mekong, Siamese Carp - and Arapaima (if you can afford the ticket)

A workout for sure - better than a gym.

Being a meagre 73-78 Kilo man - I've battled - and braved - a 132 LB Mekong there....smaller specimens have made bigger men cry, witnessed and ridiculed ;-) - give it a go for the sport of it.

Greater Bangkok:

IT Lake monsters:

in Ratchaburi: Desolate location - but you get the works; Barra, Alligator, Redtail, Tiger, Arapaima...like a tivoli........

Cha Am / Hua Hin:

Cha Am fishing park:

Go hunt for the Arapaima . i've gotten a 260 lbs there

Greenfield:

Pacu, Redtail, carps, arapaima .....you name it...rivals IT for species

Jurassic:

Giant Carps: can't be beaten for big carp

Arapaima: are there and BIG - not easy though

Mekongs: River monsters be in that lake: 90 kg and up

• Upvote 1

Great thread Sailor. 

I am not a fisher but for those that are this is terrific recon. 

It does conjure up some humorous thoughts though. Like Famous organizing a LB fishing expedition for their next road trip. That would be an interesting experience for sure. We could shoot it for National Geographic.  :biggrin:

555! - Maybe not for NatGeo...... would be better as a "gag reel" - have already had a 57KG GG with me at Bungsamran - and she had to quit halfway in the fight with a 25kg Mekong...... admitted - in Bungsamran it's a tug-of-war where the one with the most stamina wins.......

She did brave a 22 kg Amazon redtail at IT though - no small feat by any measure.

So - Famous outing to bungsamran. If i'm in the neighbourhood I'd LOVE to be there and watch the mayhem. I'll be betting on the girls getting worked out to the point of exhaustion and beyond.......

The gear i use myself is 50 LBS Shimano Beastmaster boat rods coupled with Shimano TLD 15 reels - Gear too heavy for the cod fishing in europe....but just right in Bungsamran with a fight belt.......

The brute force of these fish can not be exaggerated......