Salaries Of Thai People

DownLoLarry

Seems guys in Farangland are curious as to how much money someone earns but this subject is often considered private. Thai people seem to be more open about how much they make.

Thought it would be interesting to have a thread with Thai salary info.

I know a nurse at Camillian Hopsital on Suk Soi 55 in Bangkok. She is right out of nursing school. Her salary is 32K baht/mo plus free housing.

To all intent and purpose, the minimum salary is now 300b day, so 9,000b month. This has meant that people 'assume' there salary has to go up as well. In general terms its very difficult to get staff for less than 10,000b month even for the most basic of positions. Secretaries can be on well over 40,000b-60,000b month (mine was on 25k, 10 years ago in BKK). Senior Management positions are often in the range of 150,000-500,000b month. The myth that everyone in Thailand earns peanuts is exactly that, a myth.

A lot of money is also paid in the form of allowances and not taxed as income - for example, it ends up on expense claims - not on payroll.

• 2 weeks later...

To all intent and purpose, the minimum salary is now 300b day, so 9,000b month. This has meant that people 'assume' there salary has to go up as well. In general terms its very difficult to get staff for less than 10,000b month even for the most basic of positions. Secretaries can be on well over 40,000b-60,000b month (mine was on 25k, 10 years ago in BKK). Senior Management positions are often in the range of 150,000-500,000b month. The myth that everyone in Thailand earns peanuts is exactly that, a myth.

A lot of money is also paid in the form of allowances and not taxed as income - for example, it ends up on expense claims - not on payroll.

Thanks for the info Mardhi. A ladyboy getting 20 longtimes a month at 1,500 baht is only getting 30K a month, less than a secretary. I was always under the impression that successful LBs would make more money that salaried employees.