Economy Comfort on Delta

HubbaBubba

I just got an e-mail from Delta that they would be starting extra leg room and more recline for a select number of seats in economy class for International flights. I called them and was told that the flights to Asia should be the first to get this and the roll our process should be complete by summer. This is good news for those of us that want to travel with a bit more leg room but not willing to pay for business class.

What other airlines offer this?

Think United has Economy Plus and if I recall correctly Thai Airways had Premium Economy on their now defunct New York to Bangkok flight.

At the airport they were offering a one way upgrade to Premium Economy for $200 bucks but since i had Row 44 which is the mother of all bulkheads I wouldn't have upgraded for free.

What is so special about row 44?

What is so special about row 44?

Row 44 on certain Thai Airways aircraft have the widest bulkhead I've ever seen. So wide some a few people not seated in that row would used it to get from one side of the plane to the other.

http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Thai_Airways/Thai_Airways_Airbus_A340-500.php

And the emergency exit row on the side of Row 44 is roomy too. :skydive:

If a Thai Airways rep won't give you a seat in Row 44, try offering a Thai travel agent 500 baht if they can secure a seat in Row 44 for you. Worked for me. Just make sure the plane is configured as above.