Smartphone Data Packs

C Wombat

Just a question Gents, not sure if its been covered before.

I'm taking my iPhone4S to LOS this trip, my first smartphone, and am wondering about data packs and what other BM s purchase and which company? Was looking at heading to the phone company kiosks at Swampy and getting the sim and data pack.

Am currently looking a a TrueMove Volume pack for 500MB as I wll use the phone as a 'personal hotspot' when the wifi is iffy at the hotels. Any thoughts? :phone:

I use AIS in my iPad and phone. I used to use my phone as hotspot but since this is pretty cheap I now have two SIMs. The main reason for this is the battery drain on my phone.

AIS 3G coverage is ok in Pattaya now, so most of there places I visit have 3G coverage. On my phone I have a 350THB package which gives me 1Gb data which is plenty on my phone. On my iPad I went with a unlimited package for 799THB but I think this is a overkill.

You can see the promotions from AIS here --> http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/promotion_special.html

I tried to get a True SIM once but it was just so much hassle. They wanted my passport and then they wanted my drivers license and then they wanted my Thai drivers license and I just gave up. Maybe I just was unlucky with the clerks... If you want to use wifi I think True has much better coverage/more hotspots. If True is better for 3G I don't know.

• Upvote 1

I use AIS in my iPad and phone. I used to use my phone as hotspot but since this is pretty cheap I now have two SIMs. The main reason for this is the battery drain on my phone.

AIS 3G coverage is ok in Pattaya now, so most of there places I visit have 3G coverage. On my phone I have a 350THB package which gives me 1Gb data which is plenty on my phone. On my iPad I went with a unlimited package for 799THB but I think this is a overkill.

You can see the promotions from AIS here --> http://www.ais.co.th/12call/en/promotion_special.html

I tried to get a True SIM once but it was just so much hassle. They wanted my passport and then they wanted my drivers license and then they wanted my Thai drivers license and I just gave up. Maybe I just was unlucky with the clerks... If you want to use wifi I think True has much better coverage/more hotspots. If True is better for 3G I don't know.

Thanks very much for that info grakallen! Its what I was looking for.