Coronavirus

seven

Just finished watching the above video, Wow that poor Lady. She had to lash out 52000 Baht for the ASQ hotel with little or no choice, no wonder I have no thoughts of getting back there any time soon as it is simply impossible to commit to a trip with all the planning that's needed when there are so many links in the chain now and just one broken one and that's the trip out the window.

• Like 5

And if the situation changes while you are out there and you need to self isolate in a Government approved quarantine hotel on return to UK, that will cost £1,750 for 10 days - about 80,000 Baht. I guess that would also be the case if someone on your plane tests positive.

• Like 2

from what I read there were 6 cases (forcing who knows how many people into *expensive* mandated quarantine and screwing up their itinerary...some may have had to return home early after blowing much of their budget on lux hotel arrest) and HALF were children !  They have NO BUSINESS letting children into this kind of situation as they can't be vaccinated and BIG surprise, carry it.   I hope someone gets the tally on the web.  Something like 4000 people in so far, how many were on a plane with NO covid positive passengers?  It's an important point.  And one that will surely have impact in the future.  I'm guessing they figured as all in were well heeled so to speak, that would take care of most of the problem.  Surprise, surprise SURPRISE....rich people get Covid too.  Perhaps they should start  using smaller planes to ferry folks in?  One positive puts 300 people in lockup, is there any jet flying that's 100 capacity?

• Like 1

The German lady who said she was sitting beside the Covid +ve man, who had a big family of 11 (including children). They were Arabic and boarded the plane at Dubai. Note that all adult passengers had to provide a -ve Covid 19 test no longer than 72 hours of arrival time or they would not be allowed to board the plane.

So what does this show? There are a few possibilities - the Thai test was a false +ve, the test in Dubai was a false -ve, or the Dubai man was incubating the virus and it had not reached high enough levels to be detected until he arrived at Phuket. As for the possibility of bribing for a -ve Covid 19 test results - there are severe penalties for anyone issuing such a test report the in the Arabian Gulf countries, and for anyone making the bribe.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

The German lady who said she was sitting beside the Covid +ve man, who had a big family of 11 (including children). They were Arabic and boarded the plane at Dubai. Note that all adult passengers had to provide a -ve Covid 19 test no longer than 72 hours of arrival time or they would not be allowed to board the plane.

So what does this show? There are a few possibilities - the Thai test was a false +ve, the test in Dubai was a false -ve, or the Dubai man was incubating the virus and it had not reached high enough levels to be detected until he arrived at Phuket.

Or that a child was asymptomatic - not showing symptoms but carrying virus.

Well the plague has hit very close to home .

2 days ago 2 family members came from bkk  to do the customary 2 weeks stay at our little cottage our farm , yesterday they were taken to Tha Bo hospital with suspected Covid 19 . The results are , both have  covid and will spend the next to weeks in ICU . Apparently a  hazmat team will go to the farm and fumigate our cottage and surrounding areas , I do wish the couple a speedy recovery but am a little pissed off they bought covid with them .

The lady had 1 shot already but her husband has not .

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stoolpusher said:

2 days ago 2 family members came from bkk  to do the customary 2 weeks stay at our little cottage our farm

It shows how Covid knows no borders or boundaries SP,  I hope your two visitors get through their covid and hope that you are all Covid free at your farm . cheers Tel  :drinks:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

Well the plague has hit very close to home .

2 days ago 2 family members came from bkk  to do the customary 2 weeks stay at our little cottage our farm , yesterday they were taken to Tha Bo hospital with suspected Covid 19 . The results are , both have  covid and will spend the next to weeks in ICU . Apparently a  hazmat team will go to the farm and fumigate our cottage and surrounding areas , I do wish the couple a speedy recovery but am a little pissed off they bought covid with them .

The lady had 1 shot already but her husband has not .

Bloody hell, SP. At least they stayed at your "farmhouse" and not your actual house. Best wishes to them, and to you and Dao also, of course. As BigTel said, borders or boundaries count for nothing with covid.

• Like 3

On 7/10/2021 at 5:30 PM, Quietguy said:

And if the situation changes while you are out there and you need to self isolate in a Government approved quarantine hotel on return to UK, that will cost £1,750 for 10 days - about 80,000 Baht. I guess that would also be the case if someone on your plane tests positive.

Screenshot 2021-07-17 at 10.13.22.png

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

And if the situation changes while you are out there and you need to self isolate in a Government approved quarantine hotel on return to UK, that will cost £1,750 for 10 days - about 80,000 Baht

Here's that link in the chain scenario playing out right in front of us QG.  

• Like 1

Why not? I knew there are ladymen in Indonesia.

Man with coronavirus disguises as wife on Indonesian flight

https://www.yahoo.com/news/man-coronavirus-disguises-wife-indonesian-074415113.html

TERNATE, Indonesia (AP) — An Indonesian man with the coronavirus has boarded a domestic flight disguised as his wife, wearing a niqab covering his face and carrying fake IDs and a negative PCR test result. 

But the cover didn't last long. 

Police say a flight attendant aboard a Citilink plane traveling from Jakarta to Ternate in North Maluku province on Sunday noticed the man change the clothes in the lavatory. 

“He bought the plane ticket with his wife’s name and brought the identity card, the PCR test result and the vaccination card with his wife’s name. All documents are under his wife’s name,” Ternate police chief Aditya Laksimada said after arresting the man upon landing. He was only identified by his initials. 

Police took him for a COVID-19 test, which came back positive. 

Ventilators are now being rationed and at Thammasat Hospital if you are over 75 and have incurable cancer or AIDS you will not have ventilator access.

A crematorium in Bangkok partially collapsed due to pressure from burning too many corpses of Covid-19 patients. 

I expect more ventilator rationing in the near future.  The prudent course until vaccination is to avoid people as much as possible and to take social distancing seriously.

• Like 2