Jump to content

60 Day Thai Tourist Visa For UK and Irish Citizens


Pdoggg
 Share

Recommended Posts

I believe you now must apply for the Tourist Visa online.

Some new requirements:

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days)

A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
Confirmed air ticket to Thailand
Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
Proof of residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I believe you now must apply for the Tourist Visa online.

Some new requirements:

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days)

A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages
Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
Confirmed air ticket to Thailand
Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
Proof of financial support e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
Proof of residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

 

This doe not negate the current 30 day stamp on entry stay for those approved countries.

In fact this is easier for those who apply for a Tourist visa as you no longer have to visit a Thai consulate or embassy in your country of residence, where you had to provide similar information for the Tourist visa application.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

In fact this is easier for those who apply for a Tourist visa as you no longer have to visit a Thai consulate or embassy in your country of residence, where you had to provide similar information for the Tourist visa application.

It's two years since I last applied for a two month visa, but I don't remember having to provide all that. I think I had to go to Thai Consulate in London, fill in visa application form, queue for about an hour to see immigration officer who checked application, pay visa fee (£25), and leave passport and form. 

Then I collected passport with visa stamp next day. It was quite easy.

I don't think I'll be going to Thailand for longer than 30 days again, so it won't make any difference to me, but I would think it might put some people off going for longer than 30 days.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

In Ireland I was able to still do it by post a few weeks ago, actually didn’t notice an online option on the consulates site.  Didn’t have to send in flight tickets or accommodation confirmation, bank statements or proof of residence, just a couple of photos and the fee, an unusual sum of €40.50 in cash. 
 

This is the application form and what I had to fill in.

3B04910B-5733-4CA4-8940-93FBABA31B4B.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, bumblebee said:

In Ireland I was able to still do it by post a few weeks ago, actually didn’t notice an online option on the consulates site.  Didn’t have to send in flight tickets or accommodation confirmation, bank statements or proof of residence, just a couple of photos and the fee, an unusual sum of €40.50 in cash. 
 

This is the application form and what I had to fill in.

  I read on another site you can even do a METV online in EU (maybe just UK?). Apparently no online option is available in the US yet. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just got the 60 day visa a couple of months ago in the US of A.  it was dead easy.  they didnt even ask for airline tickets or anything like that.  It was only $40.  certainly beat schlepping to Cheang Wattana and wasting the better part of half a day there.  I read on Stickman, I know I know, that the some immigration jobsworth told a guy the next time he came to wear trousers.  Are you fucking kidding me.  I should go there one morning for shits and giggles to see how fucked up it is thats how much time I have on my hands right now!!  LOL!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

told a guy the next time he came to wear trousers. 

Since almost anything one does at Immigration is to some degree a judgement call, I usually wear trousers and a collared shirt and also shave. If there is a charity box, I put in 100 baht.  I smile and give them my best สวัสดีครับ but I usually don't wai as I often have stuff in both hands.

I've seen guys in wifebeaters, and swimming trunks with their balls hanging out.   But I figure it doesn't hurt to show some respect.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, ArchieBunker said:

Just got the 60 day visa a couple of months ago in the US of A.  it was dead easy.  they didnt even ask for airline tickets or anything like that.  It was only $40.  certainly beat schlepping to Cheang Wattana and wasting the better part of half a day there.  I read on Stickman, I know I know, that the some immigration jobsworth told a guy the next time he came to wear trousers.  Are you fucking kidding me.  I should go there one morning for shits and giggles to see how fucked up it is thats how much time I have on my hands right now!!  LOL!!!!

I usually get single entry visas at Portland by mail. They want a visa form, two photos and $40 and that is all. I can get one in person in Denver (one hour drive) but they want a bank statement and flight conformations. However for a single entry they only require $700 in the bank. Seems kind of silly. But it's easier to mail than drive.  

If you want to get that visa extended 30 days in Thailand that might be interesting with the new TM30 phone app. One is suppose to register themselves within 24 hours of arriving in Thailand on the app. If you register yourself and your landlord doesn't, your landlord registers you and you don't register or neither of you register you then expect a fine if you try and extend any entry. There is a story floating around on the boards about someone that didn't report herself and was reported several places where she stayed. Supposedly she was fined 12,000 baht at immigration.

I'm not exactly sure what I have to do when I arrive. I don't need to get an extension. If both me and my lodging don't report me not sure if I am OK or will get popped when I exit. But the Thais have made life more difficult again.

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/6/2019 at 10:02 AM, ArchieBunker said:

read on Stickman, I know I know, that the some immigration jobsworth told a guy the next time he came to wear trousers. 

I was at Jomtien Immigration and there was a big sign with drawings showing unacceptable attire, mostly of women with short shorts or their boobs hanging out. But there was also a drawing of a guy in shorts. That said, probably half the guys there had shorts on.  If you wear long pants on the plane to Thailand then you might as well wear them to Immigration. And the dress code will vary among various Immigration offices.

On 10/7/2019 at 8:34 AM, xyzzy said:

After reading more I'm a bit more confused about who needs to do the TM30 app so I deleted most of it. It really only affects those

The juristic person at the condo I am renting printed out 5 pages to bring to Immigration, one of them a screenshot of the online TM30 they filed.

Immigration also gave me a new form called 90 Days Bank Checking which I must bring back in 90 Days with a copy of my recent bank updates which must be updated the day I go to Immigration.

Note, this is NOT the 90 day report but they can be done on the same day.

I get the impression that Jomtien won't bust balls about staying in Bangkok for a couple of nights but that's just a guess. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

 

14 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I was at Jomtien Immigration and there was a big sign with drawings showing unacceptable attire, mostly of women with short shorts or their books hanging out. But there was also a drawing of a guy in shorts. That said, probably half the guys there had shorts on.

 

 

If Thai bath is going to be this expensive longer ...be prepared to see people only wearing underpants

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2019 at 10:31 PM, Pdoggg said:

I was at Jomtien Immigration and there was a big sign with drawings showing unacceptable attire, mostly of women with short shorts or their boobs hanging out. But there was also a drawing of a guy in shorts. That said, probably half the guys there had shorts on.  If you wear long pants on the plane to Thailand then you might as well wear them to Immigration. And the dress code will vary among various Immigration offices.

  I've never been to Jomtien immigration in anything but shorts. Last time I used a agent that was a Thai lady that was a former employee of immigration. I didn't realize when I went into her office that she was going to send me almost straight to immigration with a moto taxi guy being her person at immigration. It was laundry day and I was wearing a sleeveless shirt that did at least cover my shoulders. So it wasn't a total wife beater. She gave me a jacket to put on when they took my picture but it was small and I didn't have time to get it on before the picture was taken. No one really seemed to care although the ex immigration worker agent did feel the need to give me the jacket.

  I wear a pair of cords on the flights. As I don't live in SE Asia I would melt if I wore those in Thailand. Outside of to/from the airport I have never worn long pants in SE Asia. Often I wear shorts on the flights to/from BKK to/from my first stop. Or I change into them on the last leg into BKK (have in carry on). It's nice to say cool until I get to Hong Kong/Japan or be ready for the Thai heat/humidity. A couple of times I have worn shorts all the way back home from BKK. All trans Pacific flights don't seem to keep the cabin as cold as a refrigerator as it seems they did in the past, especially United.        

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/11/2019 at 10:31 PM, Pdoggg said:

The juristic person at the condo I am renting printed out 5 pages to bring to Immigration, one of them a screenshot of the online TM30 they filed.

The thing the expats have been bitching about recently is if you go to say Hua Hin for the weekend, and your place of lodging in HH does an online TM30, your condo owner will have to do a new TM30 when you return.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 7:19 AM, xyzzy said:

The thing the expats have been bitching about recently is if you go to say Hua Hin for the weekend, and your place of lodging in HH does an online TM30, your condo owner will have to do a new TM30 when you return.

I just asked the Thai lady who handles this at the condo that I rent.   She said something like, "if you don't mind when you come back from Bangkok we can do a TM30 for you. We can do it online".  I liked this answer as I thought I might put her out if I asked her to do this.

But usually when I go to Bangkok for a night or two I stay on the sofa at my friend's condo.  So in that case, I wouldn't ask her to do a TM30 as my friend would not have done so in Bangkok.  Actually, he would be violating condo rules if I was staying for less than a month.

I guess the problem is if you don't know if a guesthouse is filling out a TM30 or not.  You can ask but the guesthouse receptionist will probably just guess which answer you want to hear.

A buddy of mine went upstairs at bar in Jomtien to get better acquainted with a hostess.  They didn't file a TM30.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...