Pattaya Bar Closing

Pdoggg

From 6PM Saturday, May 21st until 6PM Sunday May 22nd bars will be closed in Pattaya due to the mayoral election.

Can't buy at 7/11 either and take note you can never buy at 7/11 between 2PM and 5PM.

Bars will also be closed in Bangkok due to the gubernatorial erection.

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

From 6PM Saturday, May 21st until 6PM Sunday May 22nd bars will be closed in Pattaya due to the mayoral election.

thank god! will that mean an end soon to those loudspeaker vans that patrol along beach road all day blasting out nonsense?  never mind the displayed photo's of candidates that non of which anyone in their right mind would vote for.

gubernatorial heh? Quinn, you go to quiz nights... what's he talking about?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

will that mean an end soon to those loudspeaker vans that patrol along beach road all day blasting out nonsense? 

How is the noise pollution situation in Jomtien these days anyway? I know Pattaya is a lost cause. Coming of age I find this very troubling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seven said:

How is the noise pollution situation in Jomtien these days anyway? I know Pattaya is a lost cause. Coming of age I find this very troubling.

Jomty isn't so bad really.  beach road can be a bit iffy at times of course. Usually with the speakers in the back of pick-up trucks idiocy. Other usual thing of course is bars deciding to outdo each other with music volume. Same as all over Thailand really.

I'll never get used to it, so try to keep away from it all.

Wouldn't mind too much really if the music was actually decent... PD must love it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, seven said:

You would think he goes to parties for the food, it’s actually the Thai karaoke that draws him. Morlam too.

i dunno about the karaoke Seven, although i confess that i have seen him in action. fortunately briefly.

i actually think that he goes for the highbrow conversations with Quinn.  I recall Emmy's opening party when they happily spent an hour discussing Othello and Desdemona. It was like listening to Bamber Gascoigne and Stephen Fry. I could have managed Bonnie and Clyde but O and D was a bit above me.

" hey, Quinn buddy, when you read Othello did you find it to be almost grubernatorial?"

"Aye tha's reet P.D, i think. One of the most grubered plays wot i have read"

" sure buddy, I can almost believe that Desdemona was the 17th century version of Lisa from Pinkcrack"

" Really P.D? do you mean that she had 34" boobs, or was good at miming on stage?"

"Tell you what Quinn, i'll go and get us our fifteenth helping of food , then we'll carry on with this highbrow discussion.. but, anyway, why are Grunts ears bleeding?"

• Haha 3

On 5/18/2022 at 4:04 PM, blind boy grunt said:

never mind the displayed photo's of candidates 

You wouldn't want to have a cup of coffee and a chinwag with these folks?  You could discuss mask enforcement and tax abatements for country and western venues.

20220519_171852.jpg

On 5/19/2022 at 2:55 PM, blind boy grunt said:

i did try to look it up in my English Dictionary QG... but it wasn't there.

But the great thing is... very near to where it should have appeared was... GRUNT!

Also a magazine called 'Grunt' - what's all that about then ?

GRUNT.jpg

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Quinn said:

Also a magazine called 'Grunt' - what's all that about then ?

Well Quinn, my secret is out then.

My brother L.L Grunt and myself originally planned the magazine as a rival to The Pattaya Mail. To cut a long story short, we tried to use the same formula as them. But, it seems that they had already employed all 'journalists' available under the age of 8 with an I.Q under thirty.. so, we had to admit failure really.

Not to worry, L.L is already planning a manufactured girly band and going into the Mango with fried rice biz.

Lazy Lob is nobodies fool!

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The new mayor of Pattaya is appropriately named Beer.  :drinks:

There are only 72K registered voters in Pattaya.  Most bargirls vote in their home province and some even get 500 baht for voting.

Bolt driver told me today that Beer's party was paying 2,000 baht to voters.