Overstaying The One Month Stamp In The Philippines

Pdoggg

I got stung by this about ten years ago. It cost me about 1000 or 2000 pesos. I was over by a day, I think. Also, I think that it may have been 28 days, i.e. not even an averaged "calendar" date.

Two years ago I had a new German made collapsible brolly, the short manageable kind, in my carry on luggage  at Manila airport. It was worth about 800 pesos. It was raining heavily. They confiscated that as a "dangerous object"! Thieving bastards!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Do you remember if anything nasty was stamped in your passport?

Not that I recall. The official was in a jovial mood about it but I copped the fine. I must admit I take a lousy passport photograph. Just need a black board with numbers on it.

B)

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Fenton said:

I think you have to go the nearest NBI (National Burueau of Immigration). Pay the fines and get the new docunents. Just becomes more complicated if your caught at the airport.

Yes. I'd met a Filipina on some friendship channel and visited her in Munoz City on Luzon. We travelled quite a bit and it was fun to experience the lifestyle. Saw the Marcos stiff in his glass coffin and some interesting towns. Travelled over the Cordilleras in a rickey old bus and joined in the usual roadside piss with fellow passengers.

Had the usual party to welcome me. Met a lot of people and paid for the welcome party, of course. :drinks:

She was keen to get the ring for the engagement. Whoa!!!!!! 

Time for me to catch thee next bus out of town/city!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bubba said:

I got stung by this about ten years ago. It cost me about 1000 or 2000 pesos. I was over by a day, I think. Also, I think that it may have been 28 days, i.e. not even an averaged "calendar" date.

Two years ago I had a new German made collapsible brolly, the short manageable kind, in my carry on luggage  at Manila airport. It was worth about 800 pesos. It was raining heavily. They confiscated that as a "dangerous object"! Thieving bastards!

Brolly ? :huh:

• Like 1

I have just visited the website of the Embassy of the Philippines and another website. If I got it well, 

1) you may enter the Philippines without a visa if your intended stay in the Philippines will not exceed 30 days and you have a roundtrip ticket. 
In case you wish to extend your stay, application for extension of stay may be filed at the Philippine Bureau of Immigration Office before your 30th day of stay.

2) you can ask for a tourism (L) visa at the Embassy of the Philippines that will allow you to stay up to 59 days in the Philippines. This costs 1,500 PHP. 

3) A temporary visitor's visa holder whose stay in the Philippines will exceed the authorized period of stay (example: 59 days) should apply an extension of stay at the Bureau of Immigration in the Philippines and pay the corresponding immigration fees. Information on fees for extension of stay and other Immigration fees are available at the Bureau of Immigration website (www.immigration.gov.ph = 404 Not Found ).

In other words, if yo visit the Bureau of Immigration before you overstay, they seem always to have a solution to extend your visa and make you pay for a fee. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

If you are in Angeles City one of the best visa agents is 583.     They only tacked on a 600 piso service charge (10 USD) over the official price for extending my initial entry stamp which saved me two trips to Immigration at Marque Mall, not the most convenient location without a motorbike.   Note whether doing it yourself at Immigration or with 583 you save 1000 pisos with the 7 day turnaround rather than express service. 

They are located about a minute or two walk from the McDonalds where Walking Street meets MacArthur Blvd.

http://583immigration.com/

So if shopping for an agent, make 583 be part of your search.

Has anyone been to Angeles City Immigration at Marque Mall?