Anyone Know Current Entry Requirements To The Philippines?

Pdoggg

I think i am in a good position to contribute since I just arrived in Manila a few days ago.  Here is my experience:

To check in the Emirates flight from Europe to the Philippines via Dubai I was required:

- my national vaccinations certificate that shows all my 3 vaccines (the PH requires 2)

- a national testing certificate that I took a negative covid test (nostrils swab) less than 24 hours of the flight + report of the pharmacy where I took the test.

(you have the option of taking instead the other lab test up to 48 hours before)

I was NOT asked to show proof of health insurance even though I had obtained an affidavit from my insurer

All these documents I had previously uploaded online to the PH official One Health Pass website along with other information requested.

It's paramount that you do this online upload, because after check in, the resulting One Health Pass has been the only document I have been asked to show.

In Dubai where I changed the flight to Manila, I showed the One Health Pass printout; other passengers were showing it on their cellphones.   They checked the names in the One Health Pass against the passenger names.

In Manila airport when the passengers were getting off the plane, an agent controled the One Health Passes at the end of the exit sleeve.

A second agent controled it again just prior to passport control.

Since then, at several venues in Manila where they ask pinoys for their vaccination certificates, I've been showing my One Health Pass and there is no problem.

TO SUM UP:   You have to complete online the One Health Pass online just before you fly (i.e.: less than 24- hours before because of the covid test).  If you do that, the rest necessarily is or falls into place.   Goes without saying that you better bring along printed copies of all the documents uploaded.

One Health Pass Aplication:

https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/

This is what a One Health Pass looks like:

maxresdefault.jpg.50bdc184b4e402fe2c3bded7f82b4bad.jpg

I would further add that most hotels are NOT authorized to book rooms internationally, but if you get here you can just head to your favorite hotel and get a room as I did.  Call them in avance to confirm this is indeed the case.

Hope this helps

R

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

One Health Pass ?   I prefer to ask you. Is this the Pinoy pass granted after you showed evidence of your EU pass and 24 hours test ? 

Yes.  The "Pinoy Pass" is granted automatically ONLINE once you submit and upload all the information they ask for (including the "EU passes").

The Philippines' One Health Pass concept is broader than the EU vaccination, test, or recovery documents because it combines and covers more information that gets PRE-RECORDED:

- details on the traveler (dates of stay, islands to visit, passport #, age, etc)

- proof of vaccinations (at least 2 required) with dates

- proof of negative test in the last 24 hours (antigen) or 48 hours (pcr) prior to boarding flight.

- proof of health insurance that covers catastrophic covid cost.

Now I would like to add that once I submitted all this online, the approval was instantaneous.  It could not possibly have been reviewed by a human.  I think I could easily have uploaded doctored certificates where I changed names and dates.  The reality is that no one really checked my documents except the airline and they would not be in a position to check if anything was doctored or fake.  Even at the MNL airport they just checked that I had the health pass.  They never scanned the digital code or that the name matches my id.   Same in several Manila venues where it is required.  Once I show it they don't even look and just waive me in...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, seven said:

What's an EU pass?

So you had to do the PCR or ATS test pre flight?

When we got vaccinated we received a certificate with a QR code after the second injection. We actually received 2, one was a domestic certificate and the other one a EU certificate. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rxpharm said:

An antigen test is an ATK rapid test. (or as you typed ATS). I don't know what an EU pass is.

Thanks.

6 minutes ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

When we got vaccinated we received a certificate with a QR code after the second injection. We actually received 2, one was a domestic certificate and the other one a EU certificate. 

Ok, yes I have that. Thanks.

On 5/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, Rom said:

Hope this helps

On 5/7/2022 at 6:14 AM, sydneyjohn57 said:

You need to register for a One Health Pass https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/

Philippine Airlines has a great guide which is updated as soon as government change any rules: https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/arrivingintheph

Your explanation was extremely helpful Rom!   :hi:

I am also interested in the exit strategy for leaving the Philippines.  How long does it take to get an ATK result emailed and where are the test centers are located?  Heard in AC there is a big blue tent near SM Mall where you can take a test.

Thanks also to SJ!  :hi:

• Haha 1

Mabuhay boss Daddy Pdoggg.  Are u planning to come during rest of May/first half of June?  if so:  dates! give me dates !   Would love to meet AND there would be another esteemed BM there in AC who I am sure would love also. We have inter island travel plans. (PM?) 

As regards PH exit testing I am not planning to.  I am going straight back to Europe where nationals cannot be denied entry into our countries even if we arrive infected on a stretcher in a coma...

But, as far as I can tell, it should not be a problem to do an instant lab test here in the PH.  In Manila there are small private clinics in every street corner and they are all offering antigen tests.  Like elsewhere, it should take no more than 10 minutes to get the results on an antigen test.  If Thailand still requires the RT-PCR you can get it overnight.  I saw they set up a big RT-PCR test center at Robinson Mall in Ermita 2 blocks from where I am staying.  Have not been to AC yet so cant help you with groundwork info.

Btw, when I was doing my One Health Pass registration I remember reading about a testing lab "at the airport".  Seems there is one lab at the Philippines Airlines Boarding Area but, as far as I see it, it would only make sense for the antigen (30 minutes).  How/why would anyone go there 48 hours before the flight to do a PCR ? There is probably more to it.

I am not familiar with the latest entry restrictions into Thailand, but all my local disappointed-that-I-went-to-the-PH-instead LOS sissies keep texting me there are no forced hotel restrictions left.

Hope this helps you making your decision to come and see for yourself that I am not Frankenstein as painted at that other venue I better not refer to this time using the 2-letter abbreviation.

Cheers

R

• Like 1

On 5/7/2022 at 6:14 AM, sydneyjohn57 said:

ou need to register for a One Health Pass https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/

On 5/7/2022 at 9:09 AM, Rom said:

I was just fooling around with your link Rom and I am not sure that it is the correct link as it asked me to submit a credit card payment at the end.  I was under the impression that it was free. 

SJ57's link seems different.

• Upvote 1

Apologies !  The link I originally shared is not the one I used and I have since edited it out in my post.   Guess I was steered to it when I tried to find it here from the PH.  Hopefully the  credit card info request pertained to testing and was not a scam.  But may have been.  Apologies again.

This is the link:   https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/     and no payment or credit card information will be requested.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I was just fooling around with your link Rom and I am not sure that it is the correct link as it asked me to submit a credit card payment at the end.  I was under the impression that it was free. 

SJ57's link seems different.

Apparently there are a number of websites out there that have piggy-backed the official site and request a payment. I had heard of them so went to the official bureau of immigration site and then found the link there.

If you notice that Rom's original link has ?utm_source etc etc which enables the website to track where the person found out about their site so they can pay them a commission

• Like 1