Cheap Charlie's Reward Card

Pdoggg

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Drinking on the rail at CC

must admit i went along last night to get something to eat but all the people on the rail [it was packed] for some reason i can't explain put me off going in.

Sort of claustrophobic i guess.

Hopefully though Cheap Charlies may wake up soi 5 a bit.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 1:47 PM, blind boy grunt said:

but all the people on the rail [it was packed] for some reason i can't explain put me off going in.

I can explain. Some of you may not realise that our beloved Grunt is actually quite posh and does not wish to rub shoulders with the great unwashed.

57 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

I can explain. Some of you may not realise that our beloved Grunt is actually quite posh and does not wish to rub shoulders with the great unwashed.

oh come on! i've known the cowpoke a long time...

but besides that, i did visit Cheap Charlies this afternoon.

Fish, chips and peas...

culinary observation... Chips were fine, as far as chips in Thailand go, i have had much worse. Thai potatoes are not the best for frying,and, thank god they were proper chips, not those so-called chips that are actually called 'wedgies' or something like. Those awful things with the potato skin not removed.

So, happy with what was served on the chips scene..

Mushy peas... fine, very good, except the quantity? dear me, a tablespoon full. quality good but the quantity!!!!

Fish, whatever kind it was... badly under-cooked, a couple more minutes would have been much better. It was watery in parts. Batter was excellent.

advertised tartare sauce didn't arrive but no problem there for me, it just makes the meal look as though someone has jerked off on your plate...

It wasn't the daily special. Cost 199 baht with a cup of tea.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

advertised tartare sauce didn't arrive but no problem there for me

It wasn't the daily special. Cost 199 baht with a cup of tea.

I just got back from there.

I noticed than on the menu it is 169 baht and tartar sauce is listed.  Perhaps when it is a daily special at 149 baht it doesn't include tartar?  I used my friend's card so it was 99 baht.  When it expires I will probably buy one.

My fish was watery too but tasted good but I'm not really sure how proper English F&C should taste.

Good condiments. They have malt vinegar for the chips. And HP brown sauce for meat.

35 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

it just makes the meal look as though someone has jerked off on your plate...

Maybe one of the Kittens has a day gig!

7 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Some of you may not realise that our beloved Grunt is actually quite posh and does not wish to rub shoulders with the great unwashed.

6 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

oh come on! i've known the cowpoke a long time...

Screenshot 2022-05-06 18.02.29.png

• Haha 1

On 5/9/2022 at 7:45 AM, blind boy grunt said:

well... if anyone never believed that Jomty is just an old-folks home...they will after seeing that video..

After listening to some very constructive feedback we have installed a step and a hand rail at our entrance for your convenience 

But no wheelchair ramp...yet!

cc64.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

The biggest problem I'm now finding is that they are getting busy to the point of having nowhere to sit when you get there - and we're not even in high season yet. This is mostly at peak times to be fair, and I can't comment on the Jomtien branch just yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodie said:

The US tv networks started the ball rolling,(shock horror), by calling it KEEV. What is it?.

39 minutes ago, duke007 said:

I (Brit) always knew it as Kiev (Key eff), that was until Putin invaded, now its Kyiv (Keev) :search:

Australian Woolworths renamed it as Chicken Kyiv after Russian invasion.

UK Sainsburys also renamed it as Chicken Kyiv then, other supermarkets wouldn't citing tradition. But since then Marks & Spencers have renamed it.

Other UK supermarkets, eg Tesco, ASDA, Iceland and Waitrose still call it Chicken Kiev.

Screenshot 2022-10-04 13.32.53.png

Screenshot 2022-10-04 13.35.21.png

• Like 1