Could we give more to profiles?

DownLoLarry is a friend of mine.

Not just forum friend, but in the flesh true and trusted.

This afternoon I visited my profile page for the first time in yonks, I don't know why, just to see what was there I guess. Yeh, fair enough. Some people I didn't know and had never heard of had been to my profile page, looking. Cool. So then I clicked on profiles of other friends like BigTel and Kahuna. Again, just to see what was there. It all got me thinking.

Most of us regular posters love this site, enjoy the banter, and take a few whacks on the metaphorical jaw for the sake of friendly debate. And while our posts are the lifeblood of the site, other factors can enrich it too, thus helping our host, my mate, and yours, DownLoLarry.

Hence: is there more we can do with our profiles?

Just by adding a few comments, a few jokes, a pic, some friends, a cartoon Lung, it all gives robusticity to the site, lets newcomers know there is some substance to the place, beyond the glib huff and puff of other forums that do other things.

Example, and I truly hope he doesn't mind me saying this, my dear friend BigTel is a genuine Thai expert, the equal of one you will not meet in 100 long marches. But his profile lets no newcomers know this. His vast expertise lies quietly, like a sleeping reptile, reserved for us friends only. Get it out there Tel!

Can we all think about giving a little more to our profile pages? The site is not just posts after all.

Great idea Ken. Anything to help the site.

My only personal concern is that I purposely throw a bit of subterfuge into my "profile" to throw off any snoopy folks that might have unpleasant reasons to be checking into my information. Even talking about it here kind of defeats the purpose, but what the heck.

There was a regular BM on another forum who's ex-GG girlfriend got it into her head to find out what he was doing on the internet, and stumbled upon a Facebook post on his page from Tan, a longtime BM of this and other boards. She's a LB/Femboy in the PP. Anyway, the EX then started digging into the forums and was able to identify her ex-boyfriend from the posts he'd made in the forums due to personal details he'd shared - where he lived, kind of work he did, personal circumstances.... she made his life a living hell.

Long and short for him is that he's now fully "out of the closet" with his love of ladyboys, and he and his LB girlfriend (Paeng, ex-EZY girl) are going to be profiled in an upcoming Sky TV documentary about LB love. All's well that ends well for them.

For me though, the scenario of a vengeful ex (I may or may not have one or two) or other unwanted snoops with ulterior motives moved me to change certain information in my profiles to throw any prospective Sherlock Holmes off the tracks. So the idea of "beefing up" my profile might be a bit of a problem for me.

On the other hand, perhaps I could start digging into the girls profiles on here to encourage them to spend more time on the site, also achieving the goal of helping the site?

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the kind words Ken and reminding our members of "forum" profiles. Here's Ken's:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/user/244-KenW/

When I have energy, I try to make ladyboys aware of the Ladyboy Review Profile area. This generally works best with ladyboys who already have a profile on another dating site. Here's Ice's LBR Profile; she comes to your room and gives a great massage:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/profile/Ice/

So there's two totally different types of profiles. There are are also two different Search functions and two different Inboxes.