Beer/Booze Prices To Rise In March

Pdoggg

12 hours ago, Quinn said:

They hiked up my Chateau Cardboard by 100 Baht a month ago. ! Last year the Junta said they would reduce wine and spirit imports to encourage a better class of tourist !

I choose a better drop. It is called Chateau de Cardboard.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing the price of EVERYTHING will go WAY UP as these ever so sophisticated business geniuses try to make back ALL they lost in the last 2 years in the first few months of normalcy.  ANY that actually lower prices will be mobbed and smiling, but I don't expect that will happen.

5 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

I'm guessing the price of EVERYTHING will go WAY UP

One thing that won't be going up are condo sales prices in Pattaya.    Rental prices have plummeted but asking sales prices haven't yet.  Actual sales prices are difficult to find in Thailand.

1 hour ago, Emmy Emmy said:

Yes, beer is getting more expensive now. But it's not much more expensive. So my bar will still sell at the same price.

Good girl, but dont forget that you have to make a profit!. Everybody wants things to be cheap except when it's their products up for sale!.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Good girl, but dont forget that you have to make a profit!. Everybody wants things to be cheap except when it's their products up for sale!.

you are right of course Woodie. It is though possible that drinks may have to increase on planned music nights in Emmy's bar and music club!

well not really planned, but as you know PD [the pelvis] recently stole the limelight there. Only to be followed by QG singing a song.

We were impressed! Emmy said to me," QG, he was great.. he sound like Merle Haggard impersonating Dolly Parton impersonating Ozzy Osbourne impersonating The Chipmunks impersonating Marie Osmond impersonating Tiny Tim. With a bit of Cilla Black thrown in."

actually though, thinking about it, it might have been me who said that...

but anyway, later we caught a glimpse of Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield singing 'you've lost the loving feeling' and we both realised that when QG gets back, him and PD could become the new 'Righteous Vaccinated Brothers' .. Sunday night concerts live from Emmy's Grand ole Opry

What about when you get back Woodie? How about Wednesdays... you and Sophia any good at Sonny and Cher songs?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

you are right of course Woodie. It is though possible that drinks may have to increase on planned music nights in Emmy's bar and music club!

well not really planned, but as you know PD [the pelvis] recently stole the limelight there. Only to be followed by QG singing a song.

We were impressed! Emmy said to me," QG, he was great.. he sound like Merle Haggard impersonating Dolly Parton impersonating Ozzy Osbourne impersonating The Chipmunks impersonating Marie Osmond impersonating Tiny Tim. With a bit of Cilla Black thrown in."

actually though, thinking about it, it might have been me who said that...

but anyway, later we caught a glimpse of Bill Medley and Bobby Hatfield singing 'you've lost the loving feeling' and we both realised that when QG gets back, him and PD could become the new 'Righteous Vaccinated Brothers' .. Sunday night concerts live from Emmy's Grand ole Opry

What about when you get back Woodie? How about Wednesdays... you and Sophia any good at Sonny and Cher songs?

Funny you mention that. There is a faint possibility that her and me might make an appearance early April. Still a bit of water to go under the bridge as yet. I may start practicing my singing. I do a fair impersonation of Willie Nelson!!!!. I notice you don't mention his name in the singers listed. As for Wednesday, I will miss that by a couple of days. More likely to be Friday or Sat night. 8th or 9th and include a surprise guest. Someone who needs a bit of a lift in her life if you know what I mean?. Would like to catch up. Have you consulted the powers that be re singing one of the classics by the Righteous Brothers?. It does not really fit in with the C+W theme. Too much melody in it!. I reckon Emmy,Teya, and the other girls would look sideways when they hear it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woodie said:

Have you consulted the powers that be re singing one of the classics by the Righteous Brothers?. It does not really fit in with the C+W theme. Too much melody in it!. I reckon Emmy,Teya, and the other girls would look sideways when they hear it.

good news Woodie [about you maybe getting over here] yes we discussed PD and QG being the Righteous Brothers, to be honest we are worried about QG hitting the high notes, or indeed any notes...  but the idea is that Teya will crouch behind QG and i'll give her a nod when the high notes are due and she'll squeeze his bollocks hard. it should help.

P.D, don't get any ideas, don't get too excited, you're the tall guy, you have to do the low notes.. sorry!

• Haha 2

Actually bbg, I heard your theme song while in the car today.

Pictures of Lily by The Who!!!!.

Maybe you could give a rendition of that if and when I arrive?. (It does look more likely).

Edited by Woodie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Maybe you could give a rendition of that if and when I arrive?.

quite definitely not a good idea ! i'll leave the show to the Righteous 'vaccine' brothers [feat. The pelvis]

plus Woodie and Cher.

who knows who may come along?  Bigger than Live Aid!

Quinn, get your Geetar out!

QG, bring your banjo! you can have a brothers slot and a solo one too... oh god, somebody shoot me...

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Woodie said:

On second thoughts maybe a cover of the Dixie Chicks might be more in keeping with the theme of the night?.

ah! no particular theme Woodie.. cause i don't have a clue who the Dicksy chicks are.. [you mean like Lily?]

My PM messages and phone has been going crazy today. I feel like i'm Bob Geldof!

I've had Bumblebee and Ciobha saying that they are coming over to do some Dubliners sea-shanties

'Oi took me boat in the bay today

But Oi was whisky drunk

Oi drove me boat into a rock... 

and now me boat is sunk...'

welcome to Deaf Aid guys!

I had a call from someone, the line was very poor but before we got cut-off i'm sure he said 'Hi, it's Luke from Manchester, and i will come and sing 'You'll Never Walk alone"

Luke..if you are reading this , you are welcome!... :drinks:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/9/2022 at 12:42 AM, blind boy grunt said:

ah! no particular theme Woodie.. cause i don't have a clue who the Dicksy chicks are.. [you mean like Lily?]

NOOOOOO, not like Lily!. These are a group of girls who sing a mixture of C+W and a bit of pop. Now I think just called the Chicks. (also think they are scared to walk past a KFC joint in case someone swoops on them!).

By the way, I dont think Lily sings. You being in close contact may know more about that.

By the way on a more normal note. One C+W singer I really do like is Charlie Rich. Now he can belt them out. Thats coming from someone who is not a C+W fan.

I sing this to Soph

• Like 1

Well all tickets booked. Just have to pass the covid test and I am on my way.

Just spoken to Soph. She has been released from her cell and is now driving back with you know who to her house. Will be so good to catch up and there will be sadness for sure but onwards and upwards. Eventually at Emmy's Bar for a good night.

No real need to roll out the red carpet, but if you insist!!!.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woodie said:

Well all tickets booked.

good to hear Woodie.

But i have some bad news.. I have cancelled Emmystock! I'm so sorry to tell you , but it was all becoming so difficult to organise. As you know i was envisioning a simple hootenanny concert.

But you know what happens when people become rockstars? Ego happens.. that's what.

Already i have had PD asking me to have an Elvis Las Vegas suit made for him or he won't perform.

QG has said he will come but he wants a first-class return air ticket, plus a limo to meet him at Swampy. He also wants a hotel provided with a make-up expert on permanent call. Also he wants a new nose-bag for his hoss.

BB and Ciobha are being more reasonable but still a bit demanding... they want two Dubliners style false beards.

i can't afford all this Woodie! but never mind, if you and Sophia want to get up and sing a song.... no problem !

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

good to hear Woodie.

But i have some bad news.. I have cancelled Emmystock! I'm so sorry to tell you , but it was all becoming so difficult to organise. As you know i was envisioning a simple hootenanny concert.

But you know what happens when people become rockstars? Ego happens.. that's what.

Already i have had PD asking me to have an Elvis Las Vegas suit made for him or he won't perform.

QG has said he will come but he wants a first-class return air ticket, plus a limo to meet him at Swampy. He also wants a hotel provided with a make-up expert on permanent call. Also he wants a new nose-bag for his hoss.

BB and Ciobha are being more reasonable but still a bit demanding... they want two Dubliners style false beards.

i can't afford all this Woodie! but never mind, if you and Sophia want to get up and sing a song.... no problem !

Well bbg, that is bad news. Well maybe not for the neighbours. Does Emmys Bar have good sound insulation???. It would need it if most of the singers named turned up. Now with my dulcet tones it may be bearable.

Anyway, I can see us attending around the 8th or 9th. Look forward to it.

2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

There are a few Elvis impersonators around.  One is Danny Gold who also impersonates Sinatra.

No need for a suit BBG, I have a whole closet full of them!

Here's an upbeat remix of Viva Las Vegas which I'll be performing while my Vegas showgirls,, Pink Asscrack, will be  moving, shakking,, and grinding.

• Like 1

• Ladyboys
11 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

That is good Emmy!

What about wine and spirits? Asking for a friend!

Screenshot 2022-03-12 10.01.44.png

Wine and spirits, my bar still sells the same price. Including mixers such as soda, coke, fruit juice are also sold at the same price.

• Like 3

when 40% of all money ever printed in the history of the world over the past 2 years....

....if you did NOT get at least a 40% increase in your yearly intake of salary, then you got taxed that amount.

The government can raise money by taxing you..... or they can print it. Either way it comes from YOUR POCKET.

Those that are at the very top.... like ultimate owners of the oil companies, owners of real estate, owner of good manufacturers and their inputs...... then raise prices so they balance out their loses

Real estate and beer and gas and everything else should jump 40%, or more.

.......and if YOU don't have anyone to raise your prices to.....I.e. 99% of the world who sell their labor... then you got taxed and you are now more poor.

Watch protests and riots start over the next 36 months.... as people don't have money to eat. 

And then those that are 18 to 28 years of age (I.e. young males) you can easily send to the front lines of this emerging war. They are hungry and pissed off (and thirsty for beer).

Remember when Germans were buying food with piles of inflationary cash before they were coaxed to go to the front lines in the late 1930s. We know where that went.

• Like 1