Transwoman 2nd Winningest Jeopardy Champ Ever

Pdoggg

Let's get her on our Pub Quiz team!    :wizard:

Here's the first of Amy Schneider's 40 straight victories.  

I got this question right.  It's no great shakes to answer a question correctly if you know the answer.  But extremely gratifying always when a logical guess pans out like this one did for me.

Take a guess before you watch the video.

The category is Final Resting Places.

The question (in Jeopardy parlance the answer) is:

A cemetery on this Island has the graves of Robert Fulton & 2 of the first 4 Treasury Secretaries

• Like 1

I suppose some people forget Manhattan is an island. My reasoning is that it was early in the history of the formed United States and therefore quite likely to be correct.

Jeez! I'm smart!

:geek:

Still wouldn't pork her though. I'm more into the Asian beauties. Not sure why? 

Edited by bubba
additional comment
  • Like 2

On 2/22/2022 at 3:15 AM, Sylvester said:

I hate to brag, but I got it right too. :character00292:

19 hours ago, bubba said:

I suppose some people forget Manhattan is an island. My reasoning is that it was early in the history of the formed United States and therefore quite likely to be correct.

Well done gents.   The first second I saw it Long Island came to mind but after 5-10 seconds I settled on Manhattan.   On the show, I suppose the the guesses of the 2 losing contestants, Ellis Island and Martha's Vineyard are not horrible guesses but Hamilton died in 1804 and New York was not very populated outside of Manhattan.

IMO the somewhat nerdy Ken Jennings is the perfect host for Jeopardy, far superior to the suave Alex Trebek. 

OK, here's the Final Jeopardy question (answer on Jeopardy speak) in Amy's second win. 

The Final Jeopardy answer (question) is History.

In 1985 the Mayor of Rome went to a suburb of Tunis to sign a treaty ending this after more than 2,100 years.

Take a stab before you watch the video.

For me, a much more difficult question. I kind of got this right coming up with the same answer (question) as the contestant whose answer it seems would have been ruled correct if he had finished his answer.  I figured my answer would be wrong but that any answer is better than no answer.  A big boo to the lady who couldn't come up with a real answer.  Then Amy gave the most correct answer.

31 minutes ago, seven said:

What is the question? The name of the mayor? The treaty?

Yeah, funny wording.  

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

In 1985 the Mayor of Rome went to a suburb of Tunis to sign a treaty ending this after more than 2,100 years.

What is THIS?  Or in other words, "What did the treaty end?"  

4 hours ago, Sylvester said:

Would you believe me if I told you I got this one too? :sign0184:

It helps being a high school history teacher. B)

A winning Jomtien Pub Quiz team needs a go to Brainiac, a strong British player, and geodiversity.    I think a team with Amy and Route 67 would be unbeatable.  

2 for 2 Syl. Excellent!  I believe you..  No liar man. I wonder though how many questions that stump Amy that you or any Yank would get right.  We haven't heard from Bubba yet; maybe he got it right too.   Seven gets a participation trophy. He waiting for the Final Jeopardy round to be Well Hung Ladyboys so he can bet the house!   :biggrin: 

• Like 1

Category:  20th Century American Authors

The Old Courthouse Museum In Monroeville, Alabama Has Exhibits Devoted To These 2 Authors & Childhood Friends.

This was the 3rd Final Jeopardy round in Amy's 40 match win streak.  Not an easy question.  I thought of a book that one of the authors wrote  but couldn't come up with either author's name.

You can still take a stab at the second Final Jeopardy round in this thread.

• Like 1

I know it is an American themed show, but I quite often do the 10 question quiz on Facebook. Quizionaire. A lot of their questions are American based. Know most of the answers and guess some of them too . Usually get the 10 or maybe 9 correct by having a stab at the US based ones.

• Like 2

Category: 20th Century Presidents

He won an election in which he & his Democratic opponent were both from Ohio & both were wealthy newspaper publishers.

This was Amy's fourth victory.

Although three 20th Century presidents were from Ohio, I was only sure that one was from Ohio and my guess was wrong.