Vlogger Attacked On Soi Pothole

Pdoggg

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

A ladyboy would know. I was sat in the old Katty bar with Teya one trip. Some idiot briefly stopped and made some acerbic comment about boys. Teya said "He likes ladyboys". She was probably right. 

Exactly. Shakespeare put it thusly: "Methinks thou protest too much." :rolleye0012:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cargopants said:

A ladyboy would know. I was sat in the old Katty bar with Teya one trip. Some idiot briefly stopped and made some acerbic comment about boys. Teya said "He likes ladyboys". She was probably right. 

O yes, I've had that many time. I was staying longtime with a ladyman in Patts. One macho guy at the pool finally commented when she wasn't around.

He declared he was sooo into girls and could never get it on with a bloke. Few days later, guess who slipped her his phone number when I wasn't around. Obviously she told me right away. I just let it slide, I used to care, but things have changed.

• Like 2

Yep, I think it is the macho ones that probably want a lb the most but it does not fit their image in front of their mates.

On a different note, my first time with a lb was with the company of a Scandinavian friend who had never thought about even talking to a lb. We went to Walking St, Linda's Bar and I talked to one, he to another. I decided that his was better and said if you dont want yours I will take her, much to the protests of my girl. Fair enough too!.

I went off, did the deed, ( very nice too), and went back to find that my mate had gone off with the other lb. He returned, looking all guilty and straight away said "don't tell anybody about this".

It was the start of my "career", dont think he kept it up.

• Like 1

On 2/18/2022 at 2:05 AM, Ashoka said:

Actually just saw.. 350 views total and only 14 videos.

I'm no streamer but my best fps team death match with 48 kills video has more views than him.. LOL.

dunno where you were looking, he's got dozens of vids, been at it since December, got  3000 followers in a couple months or so. Did a week on Koh Chang showing the degradation of the tourist places, mostly the old backpacker haunts.  Mostly GOOD stuff, different, he's different for sure, but good natured until the bar owner started slaggin him as he walked by, you'll notice he barely took notice of the place until that guy started with a verbal attack. Btw, that vid has 33,981 view so far.  I guess you could say he's a bit like Vegemite.  I'm not fond of his ladyboy either, he thinks they're funny, etc. but lets face it, it's not a rare reaction. From Liverpool, had lots of varying jobs including cook, did some boxing (he did pretty well one handed holding a selfie and cam). I find it interesting that he financed this trip in part by selling off his antique toy collection. He mostly goes places other vloggers don't go and is respectful to locals. Some nice shipyard footage in Chumphon.  He genuinely gets OFF on Thai locations.  Frankly I thought someone would knock him out in the first month.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

dunno where you were looking, he's got dozens of vids, been at it since December, got  3000 followers in a couple months or so. Did a week on Koh Chang showing the degradation of the tourist places, mostly the old backpacker haunts.  Mostly GOOD stuff, different, he's different for sure, but good natured until the bar owner started slaggin him as he walked by, you'll notice he barely took notice of the place until that guy started with a verbal attack. Btw, that vid has 33,981 view so far.  I guess you could say he's a bit like Vegemite.  I'm not fond of his ladyboy either, he thinks they're funny, etc. but lets face it, it's not a rare reaction. From Liverpool, had lots of varying jobs including cook, did some boxing (he did pretty well one handed holding a selfie and cam). I find it interesting that he financed this trip in part by selling off his antique toy collection. He mostly goes places other vloggers don't go and is respectful to locals. Some nice shipyard footage in Chumphon.  He genuinely gets OFF on Thai locations.  Frankly I thought someone would knock him out in the first month.

Someone will knock him out. Wait until he does something disrespectful towards a lb or girl and they turn on him along with 4 or 5 motorbike taxi riders. He wont know whats hit him!.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

got  3000 followers in a couple months or so. Did a week on Koh Chang showing the degradation of the tourist places, mostly the old backpacker haunts.  Mostly GOOD stuff

Yeah, Ashokas calculations didn't make sense.

9 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

did some boxing

Oh, really. The angry barowner obviously picked the wrong guy this time, I doubt he'll repeat confronting someone again.

I like him. A lot more interesting than the other drunks in Patts.

As for being knocked out . That NickTV have had his ass kicked a couple of times , no? I guess it goes with the territory being a vlogger in Pattaya.

• Like 1

I like hiim too, he grew on me. He's been to Asia before, about 15 yrs ago I think. Rough edges and all he's all smiles and laughing and dozens of comments have said he's the bestt vlogger on Thailand as he's 100% real. I really like seeing how much he LOVES the places he goes to and it's fun watching him engage in chat with plain locals, like guys at the ship yard or ferry workers, even caretakers of "abandoned" places. I don't see any malice in him.  That bar owner reached out I hear. Possibly he was well in his cups and previous vloggers that did worse than Sean had his back up. Sean was just rolling down the soi being interested in it all and having a laugh.  No one should be pilloried for being unsophisticaed. Those quick to judge him might try another vid, perhaps the whole thing? As to his attitude about ladyboys, he has had respectful interactions with a couple (like the ferry check in girl on Koh Chang I think it was).  If you want to see REAL and vile tude, check out THIS....

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-politics-and-policy/texas-governor-calls-citizens-report-parents-transgender-kids-abuse-rcna17455?fbclid=IwAR22odc4JFFPuN5XXxr4mWjPJnIPd0bttZ-nBSibUGj4IsfJIMG2lXILIqg

and NO, he did not get the worst of it, he knocked battling barowner on his ass, one handed while being set upon by staff. After that the brave crew advanced on Sean in numbers near 20 I'd guess.  He's covered in tattoos many of which were to cover tatts he got in whatever the Brits call a gov orphanage so I'd say his early life was not easy but as stringy as he is his back goes UP if he's challenged in such a way and I'd not want to be a challenger.  Watch a whole vid, he's curious as hell and loves discovering the unseen Thailand that most vloggers ignore in favor of the typical crap they think will get them the most views.  Sean just invites us along to see what he can get into that day :)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fenton said:

Nah, I don't think he's from Liverpool, the accent is more South East UK, not a full blown cockney but defo down that way.

I'm actually laughing deep within at his antics :-).

actually he's from Norfolk I think, he's got a few vids on that on a Sean King channel on youtube from years back. 

I actually feel sorry for the guy.

Having watched a few of his videos now I think he has a problem. Whether as has been said that he was brought up in an orphanage has something to do with it, I dont know. I am only an amateur shrink but his attitude reaks of jealousy and loneliness. I have not seen a video where he is mixing with other guys or girls, having a drink etc..

If he is that open with his camera and shows peoples faces, I dont think it would stop him showing any friends that he might have.

My thoughts anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

don't worry Woodie, you don't need to be able to analyse him. He's simply an e-begging twat just like the rest of them.

aw geez. I was thinking about graduating to being a professional shrink. Imagine having a lb in the room and asking her to lay down on the couch?.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

don't worry Woodie, you don't need to be able to analyse him. He's simply an e-begging twat just like the rest of them.

oh? and how many times have YOU seen him tell people to hit the like, or subscibe or buy him coffee.  In fact he says he has a problem with people giving him money. He's turned down offers and has no "buy me a coffee" button etc. so......um...you seem to be DEAD WRONG

5 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

oh? and how many times have YOU seen him tell people to hit the like, or subscibe or buy him coffee.  In fact he says he has a problem with people giving him money. He's turned down offers and has no "buy me a coffee" button etc. so......um...you seem to be DEAD WRONG

well, hush my mouth! cut my legs off and call me shorty.. so i was wrong heh? i should be distraught, mortified.

But really i couldn't give a HOT POOP.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

No two ways about it, the guy is an Asshat of the first order. Chasing clout, and but he nearly got "clouted" himself, which would have been within reason.

There's a guy (I'm assuming) on Tik-Tok who posts videos from Patts, he just walks around with a hidden camera, no editorial comments or even any specific content. Just sort of a "fly on the wall" approach to Pattaya. I check his stuff occasionally but TBH it's pretty boring, and the shaky camerawork (I think he just sticks his phone in a shirt pocket with the camera facing out) is pretty tough to take.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 7:18 PM, Pdoggg said:

A Vlogger filming customers on Soi Pothole was attacked.  He was also filming lots of ladyboys.  Whaddya think, did he deserve it?

I absolutely don't like this style. There are plenty of people (incl. ladyboys) who don't mind being recorded, but just ask them upfront. And yes, some expect to be tipped, but still for me it's the preferred way. I will always respect privacy and never record/post anything without consent. 

• Like 1

On 2/17/2022 at 7:18 PM, Pdoggg said:

A Vlogger filming customers on Soi Pothole was attacked.  He was also filming lots of ladyboys.  Whaddya think, did he deserve it?

Edited by Dan Miller
Doubled posting ... sorry guys

12 hours ago, deepthroat said:

No two ways about it, the guy is an Asshat of the first order. Chasing clout, and but he nearly got "clouted" himself, which would have been within reason.

If was never ‘nearly’. The guy is a former boxer, the old boy in the bar was out of line and basically asked for it. 

Thankfully we all have different tastes, I think he’s most entertaining out there, taking us to places we’d never discover ourselves, compared to all the other boring drunks parked in Patts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seven said:

. The guy is a former boxer, the old boy in the bar was out of line and basically asked for it. 

Ok, so he is somewhere between a local amatuer newcomer and Lennox Lewis in boxing ability?. I have watched a few of his videos and he sure is different. A bit of a sponge. Entering hotels and resorts etc., for nothing. I guess if he was really switched on he could do contra deals with these establishments. Earn himself a bob or two. That would require a bit of preplanning. Something he does not seem to do. Mostly impromptu stuff.

On the plus side the videos are different!.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woodie said:

Ok, so he is somewhere between a local amatuer newcomer and Lennox Lewis in boxing ability?.

No idea, just commenting on ‘nearly got clouted’.

5 hours ago, Woodie said:

On the plus side the videos are different!.

A big plus imo. I like his easy going approach to life, no BS, if he doesn’t like something he’ll tell us. Like that chained elephant in the latest video. Just sad.
It probably has a lot to do he’s exactly same age as me, same mileage, values etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deepthroat said:

I like your take on things and have always enjoyed your company Seven, so I'll have to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and check out more of his stuff then.

Thanks and the same to you, DT. It’s been too long, hope we’ll catch up some day.

Last few vlogs by this guy have been lame, tasting pastries!? 30 mins admiring Phuket old town? He’s need  to leave Fukhet I think.

• Like 1

check out some earlier ones, like the kanchanaburi one.  He did a very good series on Koh Tao and it's decline.  He's been to a lot of these places something like 12 yrs ago and offers some thoughts on the change.  He finds places others don't...like the 40 baht all you can eat buffet street food place along the park in Bkk.   How many of us would have found a 500 baht almost on the beach spot in Kamala.  Wish he'd learn how to pronounce things properly tho. Yeah, he needs to GTF out of Pewket.  I'm afraid he's got some stupid idea we want to see one lux resort and beach after another.  It'll be interesting to see him crashing about in Cambodia...if he makes it that long.  *I* think he's banked it all on making serious dosh with youtube and sooner or later will run out of cash and quietly go home to do Norwich vids.  He's mentioned this a few times.  Might just be a Steady Eddy and he gets burned out on it all.

• Like 1