Edward Sweeney's Thailand Adventures 2022

duke007

2 hours ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20220420_172403.jpg

Mac's Bay Resort is where the Black Moon parties (the night of the new moon) were held before Covid.   Kind of nice to have a love shack on the party grounds.  But doubtful that Steady Eddie has enough game to bang Eurobabes half his age.

There's lots to be said for Koh Phangan but it's not the best island if you're on the wrong side of 40.  Compounding the problem is that most of the bars with prostitutes (if they're still open) are on the main road from Baan Tai to Thong Sala and you need a motobike to get from bar to bar and it doesn't seem that he rents motobikes.

47 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Mac's Bay Resort is where the Black Moon parties (the night of the new moon) were held before Covid.   Kind of nice to have a love shack on the party grounds.  But doubtful that Steady Eddie has enough game to bang Eurobabes half his age.

There's lots to be said for Koh Phangan but it's not the best island if you're on the wrong side of 40.  Compounding the problem is that most of the bars with prostitutes (if they're still open) are on the main road from Baan Tai to Thong Sala and you need a motobike to get from bar to bar and it doesn't seem that he rents motobikes.

Ed has said in his lastest Livestream's  (which I haven't posted) that he has had his 'dirty dozen' in Pattaya and 'little Eddy' has had his fill, he is not looking at 'mongering' and is just wanting to explore the Islands he has never been too, he knows his limits. :wink:

As long as he has his Coffee in the morning and Cold Beer's in the afternoons & nights accompanied by some good food then Steady Eddy is a very Happy Chappy. :good:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, duke007 said:

IMG_20220421_162736.jpg

He departs from the ferry at Had Rin in the above video.   He arrived at the bigger pier at Thong Sala in a previous video.

I used to stay in Baan Tai because I knew a guy who rented out a house that I really liked.  Baan Tai is in between Had Rin and Thong Sala but the motobike over the hills to Had Rin is quite challenging at night especially for inexperienced drunk drivers in the rain.

The area I like best is the northwest of the island and I don't believe either Edward or Vlogging a Dead Horse has covered that part of the island.  Never actually lived in the northwest because I liked the house in Baan Tai but would ride to the beach at Srithanu in the late afternoon and do some shopping at Tesco In Thong Sala on the way home.

Note that the Baan Tai beaches (where the Black Moon Party was held) is unswimmable and is quite shallow for hundreds of yards.

Lots of careful research is required when traveling to Koh Phangan as different areas vary tremendously as to quality of beaches, distance to all night raves, whether or not a motobike is required etc.    However, one common element is that a great P4P scene does not exist anywhere on Koh Phangan and there is not a big selection of ladyboys.  

Some additions to the above video.

Here is a link to schedule of the 130 baht bus. 

https://airportpattayabus.com/from-suvarnabhumi-airport/

He got off on one of the Sukhumvit drop offs but in the vast majority of cases you're better off taking the bus to the final stop in Jomtien which is right on the baht bus route where you can head either to Pattaya or Jomtien for 10 baht.  The 250 he paid for a private baht bus is extortionate; a Bolt would be about 70 baht.  You can take a Bolt from anywhere but if taking a Bolt you are probably best off going to the final stop in Jomtien which is farang friendly rather than being stuck out on Sukhumvit where there is temptation to prey on tourists.

That said I used to get off at Sukhumvit and Pattaya Tai, cross the overpass over Sukhumvit to the baht bus queue at Pattaya Tai and paid 10 baht to my place on Pattaya Tai near 3rd Road.   

The Airport Rail Link is right near where he was drinking a Heineken in the basement.  The combination of the 130 baht bus and the Rail Link for 35 or 45 is a great way to go from Jomtien to Bangkok City.  It's not just good because it is cheap but you also avoid Bangkok traffic.  If going to Soi Nana can get off at Makkasan (35 baht) and then grab a cab for about 60 baht or get off at Phayathai, the final stop (45 baht) and then get on the BTS.  If you are travelling alone this is my recommendation.  For those that want the convenience of cab, Tom Taxi charges 1200 baht including tolls from Pattaya to most locations in Bangkok City.

The Rail Link is not part of the airport proper so at least in the past the moneychangers down the ramp to the rail link don't charge the airport rip off rates.  The rates were extremely good but I have not looked recently so it may have changed.  These moneychangers close around 10 PM or 11PM.