Edward Sweeney's Thailand Adventures 2022

duke007

• 5 months later...

Good to see Steady Eddy back. Some interesting shots of the Khao San Road area which most mongers don't bother with.

For those planning to get to Khao San Road from Nana, no need to pay the 400 baht that Eddy paid for a tuk tuk.  With the Bolt app you can get a car much cheaper than a tuk tuk; perhaps as low as 150 for the Bolt including tip.  That said, a tuk tuk ride can be fun.

Not as dramatically overpriced as the tuk tuk is his 1400 taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya in his video.  But if one needs a taxi to Pattaya, Tom Taxi is only 1000 baht from Swampy or 1200 baht from Nana.  

https://www.tomtaxiservice.com/

Personally I would take the Rail Link to Swampy for 45 baht and the bus from Swampy to Jomtien for 143 baht.  This avoids Bangkok traffic jams.

• Like 2

I the above video posted by the Duke, you can view the Pattaya Beer Garden at 7:15 and Steady Eddie talks about his alternate Youtube account which he will be using for naughtier stuff.  He doesn't want to risk the deletion of his primary account which has a big subscriber base. 

The video below is the slightly naughtier account, Steady Eddy's Music Box.

On 11/16/2022 at 1:25 PM, Pdoggg said:

Good to see Steady Eddy back. Some interesting shots of the Khao San Road area which most mongers don't bother with.

For those planning to get to Khao San Road from Nana, no need to pay the 400 baht that Eddy paid for a tuk tuk.  With the Bolt app you can get a car much cheaper than a tuk tuk; perhaps as low as 150 for the Bolt including tip.  That said, a tuk tuk ride can be fun.

Not as dramatically overpriced as the tuk tuk is his 1400 taxi from Bangkok to Pattaya in his video.  But if one needs a taxi to Pattaya, Tom Taxi is only 1000 baht from Swampy or 1200 baht from Nana.  

https://www.tomtaxiservice.com/

Personally I would take the Rail Link to Swampy for 45 baht and the bus from Swampy to Jomtien for 143 baht.  This avoids Bangkok traffic jams.

Good to see Tom's is still rolling. I used them 3 yrs ago - turned up 20 mins early, decent car and a smooth drive. Of course YMMV!