Edward Sweeney's Thailand Adventures 2022

duke007

Sweeney points out how the staff is very friendly in he above video and I think that is quite important when staying at a small hotel on Koh Chang if you are going to relax and chill. Seems like a nice place to read a book and have massages and do nothing if travelling solo.

OTOH, if you are travelling with a ladyboy for a dream getaway then comfort becomes important.   I find on the islands the cheap options aren't nearly as nice as Pattaya hotels at the same price point.    If you want the honeymoon experience you have to spend big on the hotel even though otherwise the islands are quite affordable.

• Like 2

Nice screenshot of Duke's Angeles City pool party in the above video!     :biggrin:

These pool parties are quite popular as the entrance fee is usually 500 (approx 325 baht) consumable which means you have a 325 credit for food and drink.  

I've also been at a ladyboy contest which I think was at Duke's but perhaps was at another pool venue which pay as you go.

What Edward omits in the above video is exactly how much an agent charges for a 30 day extension which would not only be useful info, but the crucial determinant as to DIY or agent up.  If the agent markup is cheap as chips as in Cambodia then why not use an agent?  

In the last few months, Immigration has been packed and perhaps not the most user friendly place for a rookie.  I've always been in the DIY camp but have recently heard some things from mates that makes me a bit more appreciative of the agent experience.

The one thing that is still extremely easy is the 90 Day Report.  I don't stand in a long queue.  I just go to a table hand them my passport with no paperwork, sit under the shaded awning and then they give my passport back in about 30 minutes.  I don't have to even go inside the building.  But perhaps it is different your first time.  YMWV.  

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 3:16 AM, duke007 said:

IMG_20220212_201330.jpg

Some thoughts about 3 Mermaids and Cozy Beach in general.   3 Mermaids is a restaurant Thais go to to snap selfies to post on Tik Tok.  It is not the type of place farang mates would tend to go to dinner.  Perhaps it would be a place for a Valentines date.  Realistically only accessible by motorbike or Bolt.

OTOH, the main part of Pratumnak, Sois 4-5-6, is where Vlogger Lucas lives and is much more lively and convenient.  Pratumnak Beach, the bottom of Soi 5, can be reached by walking around a mile on a flat roadway from the beginning of Dongtan Beach.  Or you could get off a baht bus at the the intersection of Pratumnak Road and Thappraya Road and it is only 1 kilometer down the hill along Pratumnak Soi 6 or Thappraya Soi 12 (then making a right through the Pratumnak Night Market to Soi 6).  This is where the 7/11 with 16 tables is located and lattes cost 35 baht and San Mig Zero, which is tough to find, costs just 38 baht.   This area of Pratumnak is lively with reasonably priced bars and restaurants but not many hostess bars.