Travel update 3rd Jan.

Quinn

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

I don't think it will affect me as I already have my Thailand Pass, but won't know until after tomorrow's CCSA meeting.

Richard Barrow who seems to be in the loop is saying Anutin is proposing that even those who have already been issued with Thailand Pass should not be allowed in unless they arrive in Thailand before 10 January. I'm not due to arrive until 15 January, so that would be me fecked.

But it's only a proposal to the CCSA so might not be implemented - I hope.

Screenshot 2022-01-03 08.25.53.png

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Richard Barrow who seems to be in the loop is saying Anutin is proposing that even those who have already been issued with Thailand Pass should not be allowed in unless they arrive in Thailand before 10 January. I'm not due to arrive until 15 January, so that would be me fecked.

But it's only a proposal to the CCSA so might not be implemented - I hope.

I can feel the stress simply sitting here at the computer regarding this situation now with you Q G,  I really hope that you get to go and enjoy your well earned trip.  :drinks:

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

The 'final' decision of the CCSA is not due to be announced until Friday. But it looks unlikely that my trip can go ahead.

Bummer.

7 days in the Phuket Sandbox where you are free to roam around before heading to Pattaya could possibly be a good alternative though.

You could possibly switch your condo dates, make your trip 37 days, and get an extension to your 30 Day Visa Free Entry stamp at Jomtien Immigration for 1900 baht. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Bummer.

7 days in the Phuket Sandbox where you are free to roam around before heading to Pattaya could possibly be a good alternative though.

You could possibly switch your condo dates, make your trip 37 days, and get an extension to your 30 Day Visa Free Entry stamp at Jomtien Immigration for 1900 baht. 

I've been reading that Omicron infections are rising in Phuket as well as Pattaya. I don't really want to risk having to spend 14 days or whatever it is in quarantine.

17 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I've been reading that Omicron infections are rising in Phuket as well as Pattaya. I don't really want to risk having to spend 14 days or whatever it is in quarantine.

Another possibility is a 10 day quarantine at a 169 sqm private pool villa outside of Jomtien.   You can sit naked by the pool watching Emmy Bar Livestreams.   :biggrin:

https://asq.in.th/aslq-thailand-hotels/3z-pool-villa-and-hotel

On Friday the 7th, the CCSA will decide on a variety of issues: 

- adjusting the color coding of the provinces,

- limiting the number of people in group activities,

- drinking alcohol in restaurants,

- opening (or not) of entertainment venues,

- Adjusting the Test & Go scheme.

1641366746_73628_IMG_2022010513385700000

https://www.tnnthailand.com/news/covid19/101136/

https://www.posttoday.com/social/general/672304

https://www.ryt9.com/s/iq01/3286749

:unsure:

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 3:38 PM, Quietguy said:

I'm not due to arrive until 15 January

You might be one lucky cowpoke riding the hoss bareback around Jomty!

Thailand’s Health Public Minister Anutin Charnvirakul says the ministry is proposing the cutoff date for those travelling under the Test & Go scheme be set to January 15.

• Like 1

CCSA meeting today:

- no (further) closures of businesses (except nightlife venues will remain closed)

- alcohol in eateries only in “tourism” provinces (incl. BK) and only until 9pm

- no Test&Go entry until further notice

- remaining Thailand Pass holders not affected until Jan 15 But some media outlets say the entry deadline hasn't been determined yet.

271236470_480171686934494_70247153225048

271272298_480111366940526_83391386199078

Edited by Papa Sam

12 minutes ago, Papa Sam said:

- remaining Thailand Pass holders not affected until Jan 15

The Cowgirls are on Jonty Soi 3 are jumping for joy!

cowgirl.png

I believe the wording on some websites is ambiguous but this quote from the Thaiger implies that January 15th is OK but January 16th is not.

Those who have received a Thailand Pass QR code will be allowed to enter Thailand under the Test & Go program over the next few days, and the last group of approved Test & Go travellers will arrive on January 15. 

But Teya is so worried about this ambiguity she's waiting at the train station instead of Swampy for her favorite Cowpoke's Jan 15 arrival.

waiting.jpeg

1 minute ago, Pdoggg said:

The Cowgirls are on Jonty Soi 3 are jumping for joy!

cowgirl.png

I believe the wording on some websites is ambiguous but this quote from the Thaiger implies that January 15th is OK but January 16th is not.

But Teya is so worried about this ambiguity she's waiting at the train station instead of Swampy for her favorite Cowpoke's Jan 15 arrival.

waiting.jpeg

Sorry I just edited my post above as some media outlets (Straits Times) say the entry deadline hasn't been determined yet...

• Like 1

Good news for @Quietguy:

From the government's official PR department:

7 January 2022-- An update from the Thai government regarding Thailand's #COVID19 situation, reporting from the Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA)

Highlights:

- The CCSA General Meeting today adjusted the zoning categories for disease control measures, effective from 9 January 2022. With this update, all 69 provinces are categorized as a controlled areas (orange zone) except the 8 pilot tourism/sandbox areas (blue zone) provinces/areas which remain the same. The blue zone includes Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Krabi, Chonburi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phang Nga, Phuket and some districts in other provinces that considered as the pilot toursim areas.

- The CCSA decided to highly recommend all agencies implementing the Work from Home measure until 31 January 2022. 

- The entertainment venues such as pub/bar/karaoke are allowed to temporarily open as restaurants from 16 January 2022. The venues are required to strictly exercise the COVID-free Setting measure and need to be approved by the provincial authority before 15 January 2022.

- For the provinces/areas in the blue zone, an alcoholic beverage consumption in the restuarants is allowed until 21.00 hrs. under COVID-Free Settings and only in the restaurant that received the SHA plus certificate.

- CCSA General Meeting today discussed that the prior restrictions for travelers from Africa will be lifted. Therefore, international travelers from all countries can enter Thailand while undergoing the same measures. From 11 January 2022 onwards, travelers can register to enter Thailand through Sandbox scheme via Surat Thani Sandbox, Phang Nga Sandbox and Krabi Sandbox which is an extension from the Phuket Sandbox scheme in order to reduce limited capacities for Phuket.

- For the Test and Go scheme, the registration under this scheme is still being suspended until further notice. However, those who have already received QR code can still travel to Thailand as scheduled under test and go measures. The CCSA will constantly adapt the measures as necessary including consider the time limitation for approved travelers under test and go scheme and we will inform you as soon as there are further updates.

- For people who get positive result from the ATK test kit, you should immediately isolate yourself from your family members. Then, please visit hospital to confirm the result with an RT-PCR test.

https://fb.watch/anEO8yXPbP/

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Papa Sam said:

- For the provinces/areas in the blue zone, an alcoholic beverage consumption in the restuarants is allowed until 21.00 hrs. under COVID-Free Settings and only in the restaurant that received the SHA plus certificate.

This appears to be a change from the current 23:00 deadline.

50 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

But looks like I should be ok.

From what I have been reading you are OK to go which I am delighted for you as it's been more of "touch and go" rather than "test and go" over the past couple of days that's for sure  :biggrin:  :drinks:   safe journey Q G looking forward to reading some of your adventure. Cheers Tel.

• Like 2