Who Is In Town? - Let's Meet Up!

bumblebee

On 5/3/2020 at 11:04 PM, seven said:

Theres always Benidorm:biggrin:

Interesting you mention that mate, we talk about the long term negative impact this whole pandemic will have on Pattay, and what it may look like 6 months or 1 year from now. Benidorm, along with the likes of Ibiza, Majorca et al, are in the same boat. How many bars, restaurants and even hotels will never open their doors again in those places? I would say these places will also be very different for a few years to come.

• Like 2

it's kind of a bubble burst of sorts. Seems like every third person has opened shop in SOME kind of OVER represented field. Bars, restaurants, guest houses, etc.  Imagine after...gonna be a LOT of landlords lowering rents to more like what they SHOULD be before every cow in India opened a biz. You got a bar, hmmm, tell the landlord you can't afford it anymore, you quit...then send in a friend some time later with an offer for half price rent? Imagine all the hustling that will go on when it looks like things might go on and on for months.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
15 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

so no one has been in town since 2020?

I was in Jomtien this year, Jan-Feb. But I didn't need to post on this thread. I go to los for a break from UK winter not primarily to meet up with BMs. I did meet some because I spent most nights in Emmy's Bar and the BMs who live around Jomtien hang out there so I would bump into them anyway. I had posted on other threads that I would be in town.

I didn't go into Pattaya. I heard it was pretty much dead. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

flippant remarks don't answer the question of why there's been no post here in 2 years and I *know* it was a pain in the ass to get into LOS in that time but surely some on this board DID.  I'm beginning to think only a dozen or so regulars post here anymore. 

Better a flippant remark than no response at all hehe

But I must agree, this forum pretty much history, which doesn't really motivates me neither to share some experiences. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

so now there is no central "clearing house" for ladyboy info? WOW...I see MOST that come to this site are Guests, I'm guessing plenty of guys have questions.  At least they can browse here and get SOME idea how it is.  Then to I guess many get their "info" from youtube vids.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 8:16 PM, JustSumGai said:

so now there is no central "clearing house" for ladyboy info? WOW...I see MOST that come to this site are Guests, I'm guessing plenty of guys have questions.  At least they can browse here and get SOME idea how it is.  Then to I guess many get their "info" from youtube vids.

I think many of the guys who have been meeting up over the past 5 or 6 years now use any of the chat apps, Line or WhatsApp mostly, to organise meet ups, and thus bypassing open boards for the most part.  The changing face of the scene alas.

18 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

I figured as much, a bit of an private, exclusive club feel tho.  Preferred the open and welcoming boards of old. Always knew some kept in touch privately with their buddy mongers, sports fans, etc.  

So it goes.

I think part of the reason may be that the tone of posts has changed a bit. Rather than state a point of view it seems that some choose to attack anothers point or person. There is a difference!.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

can't say, Dave's post is BLANK for me.  Odd, but what the hey, I gave it a like :)

I did delete it to be fair JSG :biggrin:

But the jist of the post was that I will be in Pattaya from the 22nd November for 4 weeks and the only definite plans I have is to attend two Birthday Parties at New Bar and Sensations. 

I don't have any real desire to visit Jomtien or Naklua tbh (each to their own) as I think I will be too busy enjoying myself in the surrounding areas close to where I will be staying, but hope to see a few of you around :drinks:

1 minute ago, Woodie said:

I think part of the reason may be that the tone of posts has changed a bit. Rather than state a point of view it seems that some choose to attack anothers point or person. There is a difference!.

which is sad as this board was always so civilized.  A virtual oasis. 

• Like 1

congrats! you're the first to actually post to the topic in a while :)  (things getting back to normal maybe?)

good news Dave, yeah each to their own, Patters to me is like being tossed into a shark tank :D

ain't seen you since Guess bar, you were having a chat with your "accountant".  I think jimslim was there too. Long time.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

ain't seen you since Guess bar, you were having a chat with your "accountant".  I think jimslim was there too. Long time.

Certainly is, I remember a few being there in Guess Bar that night including Katoeylover and my accountant Nook, must be 10 years now. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I’m always appreciative about meeting new guys these days.  I have a good group of mates to hang out with, some living here and other passing through for a few weeks or so and we all know where we stand with each other.  But I just though hey why not, let’s meet one new guy this trip, a bit like in the early days when we were all eager to make friends in the scene.  
Well all I can say is the gamble paid off in spades this time, it was a pleasure meeting you Soju, and I look forward to catching up with you again in the coming days.:party0005:

• Like 2