Thailand's TOP Ladyboy Bar of 2021 & THE LITTLE BAR THAT COULD

Every year since 2016 I have picked Thailand’s #1 Ladyboy Bar of the Year and announced it in the context of TOP 10 countdowns worked into custom-dubbed Hitler videos.  This year bars remained closed, livestreaming got old, so I picked the winner based on what I saw bars posting online, in particular pictures of their staff in sexy bar mode despite the bars being closed.  Accordingly, and without further ado: the #1 Ladyboy Bar of Thailand in 2021 goes to:  CHECK-IN BAR  BKK.  Said pics were all posted at PY (not here!) so if someone can pls tell the Check-In crew they won pls do so as I am not going to bother announcing it at PY this year…  No runners-up this year, or video: sorry!

-----------------------------------------------------

With only 3 ladyboys on staff, our Board's favorite bar (and raison d'être!) was not a contender for 2021 Bar of the Year.  But it was very inspirational how hard they worked to stay in business with their weekly themed livestreams.  So inspirational in fact, that I was inspired to rewrite an old classic in tribute to Emmy’s bar:

The Little Jomtien Bar that Could

The Little Jomtien Bar was a Happy Bar with Happy Ladyboys for Happy Farangs.  It chugged along just fine.  Then it had to move sois and the sickness came and the Farangs stopped coming and everybody thought it was the end.  But the Little Jomtien Bar had a Little Emmy Engine who stood strong and said:

“I think I can 
climb over the mountains and the seas
I think I can 
Livestream so the Farangs can see us
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can…” 

The 2 Happiest Ladyboys and the 2 Happiest Farangs 
at the Little Jomtien Bar also stood strong by the Little Emmy Engine:
“We think we can” said Teya & Sara
“We will dance as sexy as can be”
“We think we can” said John & Roger
 “Make artsy flyers to tell all Farangs come look-see”

And the Happy Farangs saw the artsy flyers and the sexy dances
And became Happy Paypalers from the distances
And every BM at LBR shouted from the heart:
“We think you can. We think you can. We think you can…”

It has been one year and a half and counting 
and the Little Jomtien Bar just keeps huffing and puffing 
with Emmy & Teya & Sara in sexy attires 
and John & Roger making the artsy flyers 
and the LBR BMs cheering and rooting
And everybody never stops believing:
“We think we can. We think we can.  We think we can…”

1433639550_TheLittleBarThatCould2021.jpg.548bd73c1ef833783b294b184a11bb5b.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Good choice, Rom!

I agree with you: Check-in Bar Bangkok well deserves the title "Best Ladyboy Bar 2021."
Why did you choose it over the other contenders, particularly Why Not? Bar Bangkok?

Admittedly, there were not too many contenders this year. All (?) main ladyboy bars in Pattaya are still (officially at least) closed afaik and most ladyboy gogo bars in Bangkok are closed for good and won't be reopening anymore. We'll see in a few weeks which one's will survive...
Will there be new ladyboy bar openings in the upcoming months? Sure. But it'll probably take a while before they become familiar names.

The last 18 months have caused a lot of hardship on owners and staff of nightlife businesses alike. Especially for bars that are so dependend on tourists such as transgender bars. Living just from what the expats are willing to spend is unlikely to generate enough income for them to cover overhead costs plus a bit more...

With Thailand only slowly awakening from an 18 month hiatus and with uncertainties surrounding the medium term future (omicron...) one must admire the stamina of June and her girls...

Yes: I'm also getting tired of the live streams and the gazillions of Facebook posts and pictures, but how she was able to use social media and onlyfans to generate income for her angels impressed me - a lot!!
I rarely watch these live streams anymore I must admit... I wanna see and experience the real deal, not just the virtual mirror image of the real deal...

Congratulations to June and her girls!

PS: I didn't know that Emmy's bar was the raison d'être for this forum... I thought this forum had been around for ages already...?dd5b786142fed308fd068f535bda8233.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 11:49 AM, Papa Sam said:

(...)
Why did you choose it over the other contenders, particularly Why Not? Bar Bangkok?
(...)
PS: I didn't know that Emmy's bar was the raison d'être for this forum... I thought this forum had been around for ages already...?

Hi Papa Sam,

I guess you missed my attempt at irony.  Emmy's bar is NOT LBR's "raison d'être" but it's more promoted here than any other bar which is all the more exceptional given its modest premises and single-digits staff... The explanation is of course that some of LBR's chore BMs are Jomtien residents and regulars at the joint.  In fact, in 2019 they even awarded Emmy's (it was called Katty's at the time) a "Ladyboy Bar of the Year" diploma in what was the only challenge to date I am aware of to my own Bar of the Year awards (in 2020 they awarded it again!).  This to say that despite my bluntness and irreverence, every year since I joined LBR I brace for the wrath of the Jomtienites and possible LBR banning when I give the Bar of the Year awards to other bars than Emmy's.   Again: I am being ironic!

As to Why Not? bar, it was my only other possible choice for Bar of the Year and initially I was more inclined to give it to them since, unlike Check-In, they did post some pics to our Board.   In fact if you go to the Why Not? thread here at LBR you will see me on record all but guaranteeing BM Poe's Face the 2021 Bar of the Year award if he came back with more pics.   But he ignored me (or never saw it?) and so I impartially picked Check-In that posted more updates than Why Not? at PY.

Finally Papa Sam, I take this opportunity to say that, like Emmy, in 2021 you came across as tireless and dedicated in your endeavors, namely your continuous and comprehensive monitoring of the latest statuses of the venues in BKK and Pattaya to the benefit of all of LBR's BMembership.   You may want to start to prepare an acceptance speech...

catweazle.jpg.5af31ccd321a46dcedf55af437c7a2d2.jpg

• Like 2

Emmy's bar is the one known to most of those on this forum. CIB and Why Not are known to those that frequent BKK.

As far as number of girls etc. Emmy's cannot compete, but it does have a niche market and as stated is promoted by members of this site. Whether it would be better off if situated in Pattaya rather than Jomtien, who knows?. Emmy works her butt off to make it work. Good on her!. I have great admiration for Emmy and the work she does. She lost two of her more prominent girls, Sunny and Pooky and that did not help in my opinion. 

I have spent a number of very satisfying nights there and hopefully when this covid mess is over, I can return. It is not the full on tits in your face type of bar, as it is open to the street unlike CIB and WNB. Although it might get a bit frisky late into the night!. I remember on my one visit to CIB, having one of the girls trying to do a number on me while my gf was playing pool. Not expected!. Fiat,(the 4th girl from the left in the photo), seems to be the Queen Bee. A bit like Jinny was at TJ's.

Why Not Bar is well managed by Iian.

• Like 3

On 12/12/2021 at 6:30 AM, Woodie said:

As far as number of girls etc. Emmy's cannot compete, but it does have a niche market and as stated is promoted by members of this site. Whether it would be better off if situated in Pattaya rather than Jomtien, who knows?. Emmy works her butt off to make it work. Good on her!. I have great admiration for Emmy and the work she does. She lost two of her more prominent girls, Sunny and Pooky and that did not help in my opinion. 

you're right and wrong Woodie. Pokki left the old Katty bar long ago to do what ever she did.. Sunny never actually left until the lockdown hit, when she had to go back to her family business in Chang Rai to find work. As did a hell of a lot of northern girls. most of Emmy's too. Really they didn't leave the bar, the bar due to enforced lockdown measures left them.

Tiger is still around, Mind and Moon are too   Sara and Teya are very loyal to Emmy even though the bar is closed still.

i hope you'll find that some will return when all returns to normal. [whatever normal will be]

Sure, without doubt Emmy's bar would have been better in Pattaya, when Pattaya** was busy... but now... The low Jomtien rents are more needed to be taken into consideration.

**sorry Woodie...did i pronounce that right?

:party0005:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

you're right and wrong Woodie. Pokki left the old Katty bar long ago to do what ever she did.. Sunny never actually left until the lockdown hit, when she had to go back to her family business in Chang Rai to find work. As did a hell of a lot of northern girls. most of Emmy's too. Really they didn't leave the bar, the bar due to enforced lockdown measures left them.

Tiger is still around, Mind and Moon are too   Sara and Teya are very loyal to Emmy even though the bar is closed still.

i hope you'll find that some will return when all returns to normal. [whatever normal will be]

Sure, without doubt Emmy's bar would have been better in Pattaya, when Pattaya** was busy... but now... The low Jomtien rents are more needed to be taken into consideration.

**sorry Woodie...did i pronounce that right?

:party0005:

Geez, you are pickity!. The two girls Sunny and Pooki no longer work in Emmy's Bar so in other words she has lost the services of those two, maybe temporarily maybe not!!!!. Geez!!!!:blink:

And no, you did not get it right. It is Pat- tee-ya. Geez. I don't know whether I can in all honesty buy you a soda when I return.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

On 12/13/2021 at 4:51 PM, Woodie said:

Geez, you are pickity!. The two girls Sunny and Pooki no longer work in Emmy's Bar so in other words she has lost the services of those two, maybe temporarily maybe not!!!!. Geez!!!!:blink:

And no, you did not get it right. It is Pat- tee-ya. Geez. I don't know whether I can in all honesty buy you a soda when I return.:biggrin:

no its pie ty yaa 

• Like 1

Pattaya - Schmattaya!  ...

Let me bring this thread back on track to The Little Bar That Could...  Just yesterday I was looking through my archives for pics of Emmy, Teya & Sara to use in a photoshopped video I posted in the Xmas thread and I came across some screen captures I had saved from their livestreams that made me reckon those 3 not only worked really hard to stay in business but they managed to have a lot of fun in the process... the kind of fun that turns co-workers into friends and makes us want to show up for work and do a better job every time.

The recordings of some of those livestreams remained posted in their entirety here in the Board for a little while right after the actual livestreaming, and sometimes I would fast forward through them to see what was going on... and now and then I would spot moments of pure sanook and screencaptured a few.  I think the most fitting tribute I can make to our Board's diligent Divas is to document that their job well done was also a job joyfully done.  Happy holidays @Emmy Emmy, Teya, & Sara.  You are all EXCELLENT and you PARTY ON!   See' ya in 2022 !

Rom

From Jomtien with Love:

teya102.jpg.0486197fac152ef33e538dca313c6b31.jpg 422127430_teya34.jpg.26d0af469c0af46d85ea3cecb14e1792.jpg 

teya73.jpg.e9bbcbd30f2a1349d2c8fd9131824e63.jpg 1640487701_teyablowjob.jpg.155d35a2a8cdc8e9e055c28a28dc8668.jpg

sailormn2.png.b10c917b0b3d63c273562f0e777d7aba.png

sailormn.png.3411804f7e0e8a3de66922dc5afa405e.png

muaythai8.jpg.4304b95b639f702c3ab4be988e6a1978.jpg

1905465599_muaythai7.jpg.08479842ed84df4acdb86b9896b40c90.jpg

halloween.jpg.e53ac9a092a63213c7f8c443fa85f09b.jpg

halloween2.jpg.4c40bce65bb0d4e40ebdf9f5672a878b.jpg

nurses.png.242b01de2f9b0b6be6957cead8b2f75c.png

pikachu.jpg.0cd80792917e419530cc2770a7731959.jpg

pikachu5.png.8d05605688bc5f33178bfc68e56aa439.png

pikachu2.png.c9dc0afda9ffc9f404984ee6b5afd125.png

cats.png.580d541ee4aac3c25e512822b5d3643a.png

cats2.png.4e37db877b2f905e2e29739ec4fcc4bb.png