Thailand Pass For Dummies

Pdoggg

16 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Big news!

Thailand Pass abolished starting July 1st.   :yahoo:

Bars open until 2AM starting July 1st.    :drinks:

Check out the bottom 2 videos in Duke's Club for the details.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/8647-thailand-news-today/&do=findComment&comment=220215&_rid=7348

I read that the 30 Day Tourist Visa might be extended to 45 days. Anything about that?

Screenshot 2022-06-18 10.14.13.png

21 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I read that the 30 Day Tourist Visa might be extended to 45 days. Anything about that?

I heard about that the other day on a Thai Vloggers livestream, Dave from California said it was going to be announced yesterday :huh:

2 hours ago, BigTel said:

without having to go through all those hoops we seen in place throughout the past two years.  

My thoughts exactly, Tel! :drinks:
Will be interesting to see if and how many will return  after summer/fall  when european weather turns shit.  
I hope they won’t make it too appealing as that could attract too many 1wb’s.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, seven said:

My thoughts exactly, Tel! :drinks:
Will be interesting to see if and how many will return  after summer/fall  when european weather turns shit.  
I hope they won’t make it too appealing as that could attract too many 1wb’s.

It was a easy gamble on my part booking the flights when I did as in the end Money and tourism go hand in hand so I felt Thailand would eventually come to this decision. Yes Seven it's certainly nicer in Pattaya without all the hordes of tourists of old that's for sure.  :drinks:

7 minutes ago, Fenton said:

I read somewhere today, they are doing away with TM6 visa form (the one you fill out on the plane). Its going to happen soon, talking weeks.

Yes this is indeed another bonus for us travelling.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BigTel said:

Sure did !   I was indeed lucky that I took the plunge around late Feb and purchased the tickets well in advance.  :drinks:

And I didn't charge you commission :wink:

We have both certainly got lucky by taking the chance and booking our Flights in February amogo :good:

As Qatar were quoting £881 for my November Flights (probably due to World Cup) I opted instead for Emirates and got it for a total of £614, this includes the £95 I paid extra for my Seat Selections on all 4 legs which gives me peace of mind, plus flying on the A380 again on the MAN-DXB-MAN legs will be a buzz. 

The same Flight and times with Emirates would now cost me  £1,036 so I am more than happy I too took the plunge in February B)

Looking forward to our Cocktails together in Pattaya boyo :drinks:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigTel said:

Sure did ! 

Good! I need to book but rates are more fluxing than ever , need to monitor an evening or two. I was very close to book for €400 return, but being the gambling( not)  type , I’ll wait :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, duke007 said:

And I didn't charge you commission :wink:

We have both certainly got lucky by taking the chance and booking our Flights in February amogo :good:

As Qatar were quoting £881 for my November Flights (probably due to World Cup) I opted instead for Emirates and got it for a total of £614, this includes the £95 I paid extra for my Seat Selections on all 4 legs which gives me peace of mind, plus flying on the A380 again on the MAN-DXB-MAN legs will be a buzz. 

The same Flight and times with Emirates would now cost me  £1,036 so I am more than happy I too took the plunge in February B)

Looking forward to our Cocktails together in Pattaya boyo :drinks:

Yep even the prices we booked here using Qatar have gone up tremendously. We got a deal for $945 + $80 seat selections.. now its $ 5624.77 in economy most days of the week.. (that's right from FIVE THOUSAND+)

Have a good time there Dukey.

And I'm envious you got on the good planes.. they put us on shitty ones in Qatar.. I won't be using Qatar again.. feels like a bait and switch operation.. promise A350-1000 and end up with A330.

image.png.fda803122055b937e92e6d06b96371aa.png

19 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Have a good time there Dukey.

And I'm envious you got on the good planes.. they put us on shitty ones in Qatar.. I won't be using Qatar again.. feels like a bait and switch operation.. promise A350-1000 and end up with A330.

Thanks mate, I will try my best :wink:

I think myself and BigTel did end up on a A330-300 from DOH to BKK once, it was an old plane but was not that bad tbh, maybe it was because we were flying into BKK :biggrin:

I've flown many times with Qatar Airways on A380's, 787,s, 777-300ER's and A350-900's and its been all good :good:

Edit

Thinking about it again it could have been a A340 me and Tel were on (4 engines) , I know I have been on one of them with Qatar 

IMG_20220618_150728.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

As long as there are no screaming babies on board, its all good.

Thats why I pre-booked my seats, it may have cost me an extra £95 ( for the 4 legs),but I will have peace of mind that I will not be sat anywhere near those screaming twats. :biggrin: