Thailand Pass For Dummies

Pdoggg

I've been helping friends navigate the Thailand Pass system so thought I'd cobble up a quick user guide to the system. 

What needs to be uploaded into the Thailand Pass system?

Documents

Passport

This is pretty easy.  Just take a pic of your main passport page with your phone.   You might need to compress the photo so that it is less than 5MB.  If so just use a free resize website such as https://picresize.com/

Thai Visa (if required)

If you are planning a visa free entry, the stamp at the airport, then there is nothing to do.  This stamp was 30 days.  I believe it is temporarily 45 days though.

Certificate of Vaccination

I've heard it helps if you have a QR to prove your vaccination but if you don't have one just take a pic of your vaccination certificate and then make sure it is compressed below 5 MB.

Paid AQ / SHA+ hotel reservation confirmation (for the duration of 1 day and including the fee for one RT-PCR test)

Here are some eligible Pattaya Test and Go hotels including contact info.   It's only 1 night so room quality doesn't matter much.  Location doesn't matter much each as with the Bolt app you can to your hotel or condo for easily under 100 baht max including tip.  Each hotel is affiliated with a hospital which you will be taken to if you flunk your Covid test so hospital reputation might be more important hotel reputation.  I'd want to go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital so the Beverly Hotel would be my choice and as a bonus it is also the cheapest hotel.  You must book directly with the hotel.  No third party websites such as Agoda.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/9741-test-and-go-pattaya-hotel-emails/

Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD

This coverage is not overly expensive and is generally guaranteed approval.  One example is Luma Thailand Pass.  Buy it and then upload the insurance document into Thailand Pass.  Some of these special policies may only cover you in Thailand so you would choose as the effective date the day your plane will land in Thailand. 

Here's the website to which you would be uploading documents:

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

I've been helping friends navigate the Thailand Pass system so thought I'd cobble up a quick user guide to the system. 

What needs to be uploaded into the Thailand Pass system?

Documents

Passport

This is pretty easy.  Just take a pic of your main passport page with your phone.   You might need to compress the photo so that it is less than 5MB.  If so just use a free resize website such as https://picresize.com/

Thai Visa (if required)

If you are planning a visa free entry, the stamp at the airport, then there is nothing to do.  This stamp was 30 days.  I believe it is temporarily 45 days though.

Certificate of Vaccination

I've heard it helps if you have a QR to prove your vaccination but if you don't have one just take a pic of your vaccination certificate and then make sure it is compressed below 5 MB.

Paid AQ / SHA+ hotel reservation confirmation (for the duration of 1 day and including the fee for one RT-PCR test)

Here are some eligible Pattaya Test and Go hotels including contact info.   It's only 1 night so room quality doesn't matter much.  Location doesn't matter much each as with the Bolt app you can to your hotel or condo for easily under 100 baht max including tip.  Each hotel is affiliated with a hospital which you will be taken to if you flunk your Covid test so hospital reputation might be more important hotel reputation.  I'd want to go to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital so the Beverly Hotel would be my choice and as a bonus it is also the cheapest hotel.  You must book directly with the hotel.  No third party websites such as Agoda.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/9741-test-and-go-pattaya-hotel-emails/

Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD

This coverage is not overly expensive and is generally guaranteed approval.  One example is Luma Thailand Pass.  Buy it and then upload the insurance document into Thailand Pass.  Some of these special policies may only cover you in Thailand so you would choose as the effective date the day your plane will land in Thailand. 

Here's the website to which you would be uploading documents:

https://tp.consular.go.th/en/plan

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to think I have seen a prohibition on people travelling to Thailand via another country apart from their own, in the previous 21 days. Is that correct?. if so, that will cause me some problems as I was planning to go via China,(and staying a few days), after it opens. (If ever).

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Woodie said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I seem to think I have seen a prohibition on people travelling to Thailand via another country apart from their own, in the previous 21 days. Is that correct?. if so, that will cause me some problems as I was planning to go via China,(and staying a few days), after it opens. (If ever).

Woodie, I am not even close to being an expert on the new regulations especially since these rules don't affect me personally.   So guys, please verify everything in this thread independently.

My understanding is as long as you have been only in approved countries for 21 days you're OK.  OZ, NZ, and China are all on the approved list.  I believe you can bounce around from approved counrty to approved country.Off the top of my head the only forum members who are not currently eligible for Test and Go are Imran Kahn and a guy who works in Iraq.

List of Current Approved Countries

Australia

Austria

Bahrain

Belgium

Bhutan

Brunei

Bulgaria

Cambodia

Canada

Chile

China

Croatia

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Hong kong

Hungary

Iceland

India

Indonesia

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Japan

Kuwait

Laos

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Malaysia

Maldives

Malta

Mongolia

Myanmar

Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Oman

Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Qatar

Republic of Korea

Romania

Saudi Arabia

Singapore

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Sri Lanka

Sweden

Switzerland

Taiwan

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom

United States of America

Vietnam

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Woodie, I am not even close to being an expert on the new regulations especially since these rules don't affect me personally.   So guys, please verify everything in this thread independently.

My understanding is as long as you have been only in approved countries for 21 days you're OK.  OZ, NZ, and China are all on the approved list.  I believe you can bounce around from approved counrty to approved country.Off the top of my head the only forum members who are not currently eligible for Test and Go are Imran Kahn and a guy who works in Iraq.

List of Current Approved Countries

Australia

Austria

Bahrain

Belgium

Bhutan

Brunei

Bulgaria

Cambodia

Canada

Chile

China

Croatia

Cyprus

Czech Republic

Denmark

Estonia

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Hong kong

Hungary

Iceland

India

Indonesia

Ireland

Israel

Italy

Japan

Kuwait

Laos

Latvia

Lithuania

Luxembourg

Malaysia

Maldives

Malta

Mongolia

Myanmar

Nepal

Netherlands

New Zealand

Norway

Oman

Philippines

Poland

Portugal

Qatar

Republic of Korea

Romania

Saudi Arabia

Singapore

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Sri Lanka

Sweden

Switzerland

Taiwan

United Arab Emirates

United Kingdom

United States of America

Vietnam

Thanks

48 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I have read that though you need to have the Thailand Pass, QR code and supporting documents on your phone, you should also have paper copies to show at airport.

Even though the Thailand Pass is supposed to be that you only need to have your QR code scanned and then good for entry, it's still a good idea to have the paper copies as back up ready to show if need be. Richard Barrow had a situatiion where the Thai airlines staff did not even have a QR reader to scan His QR code regarding His insurance.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

I spent one hour uploading required supporting documents to Thailand Pass application portal this morning.

Submitted it and received confirmation with Thailand Pass QR code 75 minutes later! :db: 

That's about as smooth as it gets Q G  nice one  :drinks:

• Like 1

I got one of the young girls who works with me to do mine - took her 5 minutes and accepted about 20 minutes later maximum. Secret was getting somebody who knows computers and how to transfer documents to jpeg. I would have been fooked trying to do it meself!!!!!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ciobha said:

I got one of the young girls who works with me to do mine - took her 5 minutes and accepted about 20 minutes later maximum. Secret was getting somebody who knows computers and how to transfer documents to jpeg. I would have been fooked trying to do it meself!!!!!

Ah yes, but did you show the young girl photos of the girls who were inspiring you to travel?.

• Like 1

Below is what a Thailand Pass Approval Email looks like.  The final hoop for a buddy is finding a place which will do a PCR test with super quick turnaround time around Christmas.  My friend can cancel the flight with a full refund 24 hours in advance and the PCR test must be done no sooner than 72 hours before departure.

Thailand Pass system has approved your registration. You can access and download your Thailand Pass QR Code by double clicking the attached PDF

Travelling to Thailand

1. 1. Please prepare your documents to present at the check-in counter and to the agencies concerned when arriving in Thailand. The documents are as follows
    1. 1.1 Passport with visa (if required)
    2. 1.2 Thailand Pass QR Code (on mobile device or printed copy)
    3. 1.3 Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected through RT-PCR test (issued within 72 hours before departure). If the Port Health and Quarantine at airports in Thailand discover that you have invalidated COVID-19 RT-PCR test result or if the type of the test is not RT-PCR method, you will not be eligible to be exempted from quarantine, but you may be allowed to enter Thailand by quarantine only.
  2. 2. When arriving in Thailand, please present your documents and Thailand Pass QR Code to the immigration and disease control officers.

Remarks: if your airline requires additional documents, kindly prepare the additional required documents, or you may be denied boarding.
* This email is automatically generated. Please do not reply. *

Attached: PFF with my friends QR code.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Big news!

Thailand Pass abolished starting July 1st.   :yahoo:

Bars open until 2AM starting July 1st.    :drinks:

Check out the bottom 2 videos in Duke's Club for the details.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/8647-thailand-news-today/&do=findComment&comment=220215&_rid=7348

So does this mean it's all back to the way it was pre-pandemic?  No testing, no proof of covid insurance, etc.?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Big news!

Yay!

52 minutes ago, soiboy said:

So does this mean it's all back to the way it was pre-pandemic?  No testing, no proof of covid insurance, etc.?

No masks?

9 hours ago, soiboy said:

Yes SoiBoy the only stipulation now is that if you are vaccinated then you must have proof of that and show it on entry or if not vaccinated then have had a official APK test and show the result. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Big news!

Bars open until 2AM starting July 1st.    :drinks:

This is the icing on the cake, I had already booked my flights for this November and was hoping that this would come through before flying, last night I went onto the NHS site here in the U.K. and downloaded proof of my vaccines and boosters in both PDF and JPG and that's all that is now needed, I was thinking it's going to be great simply booking my usual Taxi company once again without having to go through all those hoops we seen in place throughout the past two years.  :drinks:

• Like 3