Soi Made in Thailand

Woodie

Sure looks a sad sight, although I dont agree that it was doing that bad before covid. Spent many a night in 69 Bar and others. They seemed to be doing ok.

He does have a Lady Boy phobia doesn't he. 

This maybe shows a big change going on, although I guess you could say dramatised for effect!.

Maybe it pushes the bar scene even more down to Soi Bukhao and that become the centrepoint, especially if Walking Street gets gentrified. That would become very compressed and spill off into Soi Chaiyapoon etc.. Although before Covid places like the Triangle Bar were always busy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, duke007 said:

It's probably 'self denial', especially with him living in Pattaya :biggrin:

But more importantly, does he pronounce 'Pattaya' correctly mate? :wink:

NOOOOOO, but his scottie mate does!!!. Never really taken to the Nick guy.

3 hours ago, markm said:

yes its pat tay a / not pat tya  or patty ya 

Yeah annoys the shit out of me when these long time Thailand residents cannot correctly pronounce the city they live in.

I have met Nick a couple of times at the Assienda bar as well as his side kick Martin. The both rub me the wrong way to be honest especially Nick. He seems to be some sort of conspiracy theorist. He stays pretty main stream on his YouTube channel but once he is pissed he starts talking some real shit.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ozzie said:

I have met Nick a couple of times at the Assienda, but once he is pissed he starts talking some real shit.

May have something to do with him being a  Stoke City fan, sorry Fenners :biggrin:

Tbh, the only reason I would venture into the Ass is because of what it represents, I.e. The famous Hacienda Club and the Manchester Music Scene from back in the day, and if they do play that music there then I would probably become a regular visitor on my trip, it would be the same as I do with Scooters Bar on Buakhao which I love because of the music and the ambience of the girls who always get ladydrinks bought them when they sit down and coverse with me, and yes they do know my liking for ladymen :rolleye0012:

I also have some memorabilia that I could give to Nick so he could add it to his Bar, whether I do or not is also dependent of course on whether I do come back to Pat tay a or not. :hi:

Good quality shot's there Papa Sam the Black & White sure add's to the sombre aftermath. I was watching a video that Pattaya Joe put up on this, one thing He mentioned was " a end of a era" which I think summed it up pretty much spot on.

• Like 1