95 Pattaya SHA+ Test & Go Hotels

Pdoggg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Perhaps your best choice for one night is the Beverly as it is directly on the baht bus route to Jomtien.  At most 10 minutes to where you get off for VT7.   10 baht.

https://asq.in.th/pattaya-test-and-go-hotels

Yes that is the one I'm thinking of. I could only find 3 which are offering 1 day test & go at the moment.

Beverley Hotel, Pattaya. From £100.85p (4,600 Bt).

Citrus Grande, Hotel, Pattaya. From £130 (5,940 Bt).

3Z Pool Villa & Hotel, Chonburi. From £164.43 (7,500 Bt). 

Others are still only showing 7, 14 and 28 day quarantine packages.

I will wait to book as I think others will be introducing 1 day test & go packages before December.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

More shown on that site today, but none in Jomtien. Seems to change daily. Areca Lodge not on there now.

I think it is more important that the hotel is directly on the baht bus route to Jomtien rather than being in Jomtien.   Some locations in Jomtien could be in an inconvenient location.

From the Beverly, even with luggage, I would still use the baht bus.  But you could really stay anywhere as long as the Bolt app is on your new smartfone!   Although prices adjust slightly according to demand a Bolt from the Beverly to View Talay 7 is 51 baht.

It would depend where in Jomtien. When the asq site was showing 4 hotels in Jomtien, at least one was only about 10 minutes walk away from my rental condo.

I will probably have time between checking out from asq to being able to check into condo.

On one trip I stayed at VT8 in soi 14 and walked to VT7.

I'll wait and see if any Jomtien asq hotels are shown before end of December, otherwise I will book in Pattaya.  

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/23/2021 at 2:38 PM, Quietguy said:

Good to see there are four in Jomtien.

On 11/3/2021 at 1:11 PM, Quietguy said:

They have now disappeared from list.

On 11/4/2021 at 3:11 PM, Quietguy said:

More shown on that site today, but none in Jomtien. Seems to change daily. Areca Lodge not on there now.

On 11/4/2021 at 6:08 PM, Quietguy said:

It would depend where in Jomtien. When the asq site was showing 4 hotels in Jomtien, at least one was only about 10 minutes walk away from my rental condo.

I will probably have time between checking out from asq to being able to check into condo.

On one trip I stayed at VT8 in soi 14 and walked to VT7.

I'll wait and see if any Jomtien asq hotels are shown before end of December, otherwise I will book in Pattaya.  

Well the original 4 are on list again. 3 are in Na Jomtien, and the one I was looking at originally, the Jomtien Holiday Inn, between sois 7 and 8.

The Venue Residence above the Venue Cabaret in the Jomtien Complex has also now been approved as a SHA+ 1 day test & go hotel, prices around 5,000 Baht.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Pdoggg said:

I think it is more important that the hotel is directly on the baht bus route to Jomtien rather than being in Jomtien.

Having spent the last couple of hours looking at information about SHA+ hotels online, I think what may be more important is how long it takes from when you take PCR test on arrival at hotel, and when the result arrives from hospital lab.

If it could take over 24 hours you might have to stay at hotel until result arrives.

Some hotels, mainly in Bangkok, have rapid (within 3 hours) results, but may cost more.

The Pattaya Addicts forum has a useful thread where BMs give their experience of how long test results took at hotels they have stayed at.

It would be advisable if you are emailing hotels to ask how long it takes to get results back, of course it will depend on what time you expect to check in. 

If you arrive late, after 11pm, it is unlikely you will get result by normal checkout time, so may have to book 2 days at hotel.

• Like 2

On 11/20/2021 at 8:58 PM, Quietguy said:

The Venue Residence above the Venue Cabaret in the Jomtien Complex has also now been approved as a SHA+ 1 day test & go hotel, prices around 5,000 Baht.

Just bumped into a guy tonight who did his Test and Go at the Venue.  He arrived around 11:00 and was released around 19:00 the same day.

• Like 4

On 11/21/2021 at 5:04 PM, BigTel said:

That's a great turnaround, :drinks:

Yes it's good. But that guy arrived at 1100. My flight arrives at 1620, so it's likely to be at least 1930 before I could arrive there. I will be emailing the Venue Residence to ask them what time I can expect to arrive, as they arrange transport, and what time I would be tested and when I would get the result.

It might be better for me to book a Bangkok hotel where I can get a result in 3 hours, then get a taxi to Jomtien.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

It might be better for me to book a Bangkok hotel where I can get a result in 3 hours,

I too have been coming to the same conclusion, it just seems more expedient running it through Bangkok then we are free quicker and able to be on our way to Pattaya .:drinks:

• Like 1

I'm waiting to see if the 1 day test & go requirement will be scrapped as Richard Barrow has suggested might happen.

I will start emailing hotels next week to ask about how long it will take to get test results based on my arrival time of 1620 at bkk airport.

I don't need to book SHA hotel until 19 December.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I will start emailing hotels next week to ask about how long it will take to get test results based on my arrival time of 1620 at bkk airport.

Good idea!

You might also want to ask exactly where the test is performed?  Airport? Hotel? Some location along the way?

You could also ask if the lab is open 24 hours?  Is the lab at the hospital?

Many hotels may try to brush you off with inadequate responses but a hotel that prides themselves on turnaround time might be forthcoming.

Also shared or private transit and exactly what happens if someone else in area tests positive as discussed above.

Another idea is to email partner hospitals and ask about turnaround time.

• Like 1

These are a few posts from Pattaya Addicts forum aqsa hotels thread where hotels have given an indication of how long it takes to get a result.

They are all in Bangkok. Someone on PA says hotels don't seem to be taking ASQ bookings after 31 December, so perhaps they are waiting to see if ASQ 1 day test & go will still be required after then. 

Screenshot 2021-11-23 13.47.47.png

Screenshot 2021-11-23 13.54.48.png

Screenshot 2021-11-23 14.02.58.png

Screenshot 2021-11-23 14.11.37.png

If I do need an asq hotel in Bangkok, I would consider the third one above, the Siam Mandarin Hotel. It is right next to the airport so I would get result back by 12pm same night I arrive. I would stay overnight, then get taxi, or even walk the few hundred meters to airport to get the regular bus to Jomtien

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Soju said:

With the new "Test and Go" plan you take the ATK test at the airport and wait until you get the results.

I understood it to mean you have to go from airport to an approved SHA+ hotel presumably in an approved taxi or minibus to take the ATK test, which should give result fairly quickly.

But you do not need to book a room at the hotel to await result, as before.

But as you say it is not too clear. I expect there will be more clarification. 

28 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

But I think that some, if not many, of the current SHA hotels may not offer the testing if the customer is not required to book room too.  

This is what I am thinking as there really isn't much of a money insentive for them .

• Like 1