Sad news from North Vietnam

I was told today that Yến Nhi is about to die ("Cô ấy sắp chết rồi").  Yến Nhi worked as a call center agent in Hà Nội when I first contacted her. She had moved to HCMC to freelance as a sex worker while I was visiting Đà Lạt. Had looked for her in  Hà Nội while she was  looking for accommodation in HCMC (see the Hanoian version of the dead buffalo). 

She had then moved back to Hà Nội where she worked in a hair salon (probably with massages in the back room) and had gone back to her hometown after the first wave of covid. She couldn't earn money over there. I was thinking of visiting the city during my next trip but had noticed her phone had been disconnected. Her mates gave no news till the last one I found eventually explained me the sad news. 

All I know is that she is not covid sick, but has "just a normal disease"  ("Chỉ là ốm bòn thường"). There is no normal disease to make a 21 years old ladyboy die. 

YNH13.jpg.435449476022709582b42889a6fd0a58.jpg

YNH18.jpg.a4a4555b5bdc902d7b21c07d4bcebf4c.jpg

YNH23.png.b00c0315c8eb0d7e46deb371aab075f0.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I managed to have a contact with her. At least, she restored a messenger account. I can't say I ma,aged to chat with her since I obtained 3 sentences. 

Tôi không được khoẻ : I am not well. 

Tôi cảm thấy chán và rất mệt mỏi với cuộc sống này : I feel bored and very tired with this life. 

Và tôi tìm cách để kết thúc cuộc sống : and I find a way to end my life. 

According to her friend, she's in the hospital, so she should be safe, but I can't get any more information. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

KVYN2.png.cedcf3841d91a06bfce424ba5c4f11e0.png

I managed to establish a 2 ways communication with Yên Nhi earlier this week. At first, she admitted she was not going well. She was still in the hospital in Hanoi but still alive. She eventually told me she had wanted to die. I had only short chats then she would stop messaging. On Wedneday, she explained me she had been rejected by her father. I remember she was in her hometown and she had posted a selfie shot when she was freelancing in the street. 5perhaps her father didn't accept she was freelancing in the streets, particularly in her home town). 

She went to Hanoi, looked for a job but found nothing. She felt so hopeless that she took a full box of sleeping pills and had them all. She woke up in the hospital. In the middle of the week, she left the hospital and was brought to a small inn. She has no money to purchase either food or pay for her inn. 
She is now freelancing in sthe streets of Hanoi and social networks. 

KVYN.png.8c84e123233182df01a2b297f7f15edf.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1