Travel Insurance (Covid 19)

Fenton

9 minutes ago, seven said:

Who on earth told you this? Rees-Mogg? BoJo? Farage?

You forgot Tony Benn 555

I'm not a fan of Joris Bohnson, but I do have a soft spot for Walter the softie.

We placed our contracts for the vaccines months before the EU. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seven said:

Who told you AZ is better than Pfizer in the long run?

Research conducted at Oxford university

"Two doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine appears to have greater effectiveness initially against new Covid-19 infections associated with the Delta variant when compared with the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab, but its efficacy also declines faster, preliminary research suggests.

Scientists from the University of Oxford have said that after four to five months, the level of protection offered by both vaccines is similar, with the AstraZeneca jab maintaining its effectiveness throughout the duration."

Not much in it with regards to %'s at the end of the period, but AZ seems more stable to me. 

Would be interesting to see what the % is after 12 months

• Like 2

These vaccines are the first generation, holding its own against covid. Not the outcome the scientific community expected. But seriously illness and being six foot under is evaded.

Maybe the next generation of vaccines will target the envelope and not the spike on the virus and then we can turn the page on covid. 

But back on topic, your vaccinated, you should be allowed in without all this red tape IMO. Get things back to normal, resume tourism to LOS. Win Win situation for all :-).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

Who would you believe as to what the best vaccines are?.

No specific person, but Ive read too much about it and come to the conclusion that Pfizer or Moderna (mRna) are the the best and most modern technology. That said, I'm no epidemiologist but I follow the news believe in science. I take what is recommended by health authorities. Got two jabs of Pfizer myself  and getting a  booster before  end of the year.  Will most likely be an annual thing.

Like fenton say we couldn't give AZ away. I have no opinion about that, but trust the experts.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, seven said:

No specific person, but Ive read too much about it and come to the conclusion that Pfizer or Moderna (mRna) are the the best and most modern technology. 

Got Pfizer myself, and like fenton say we couldn't give away AZ.

The idea of an MRNA vaccine has been around for 30 yrs. A Hungarian female scientist concieved the idea and was ridiculed for it.

The Indians are developing a DNA vaccine for covid-19. Which can be developed at speed.

Yes I agree with you MRNA is a very promising technology. Moderna have a HIV vaccine on trial presently and I can it could be applied to cancer also.

My confidence in AZ is this really. After the first outbreak of SARS at the turn of the millenium, about 5 years of research was conducted at Oxford university.

Then after the Ebola outbreak in 2014 they looked at vaccines again.

So there was some research put in already and we did not start from scratch.

AZ are developing a nasal vaccine for covid. Also, they are testing a vaccine for bubonic plague. 

Both vaccine technologies have their merits.

We are on the verge of controlling it I think.

• Like 2

"fenton say we couldn't give away AZ."

That was the meddling EU, GSK/Sanofi are developing a vaccine and well behind with it. Sanofi is a French pharma company and we all now how the French like to control the EU 555. Look at C.A.P for example.

7 minutes ago, Fenton said:

We are on the verge of controlling it I think.

I absolutely agree with you. 

2 minutes ago, Fenton said:

That was the meddling EU, GSK/Sanofi are developing a vaccine and well behind with it. Sanofi is a French pharma company and we all now how the French like to control the EU 555. Look at C.A.P for example.

Thats highly debatable as I recall some sort of uncool vaccine nationalism a year go. This has been debated a lot and long time ago. Its in the past. Last year was a damn nightmare, time to move on.

10 minutes ago, seven said:

Ehh, no, you made your own vaccine and held on to it.

Anyway lets not beat that dead horse anymore, now lets hope Thailand get their asses in gear and open up.

Do you like ladymen, btw?

Err, No we developed a vaccine and we did not hold on to it.

Yes your quite right about a dead horse there. Selling it to the French!.

The problem with Thailand is simple, their AZ variant is being exported and should be for domestic consumption.

Do you like ladymen btw?.  Is the Pope Catholic?

The thoughts from Per Forsberg pretty much echo exactly what I think of this "Sandbox" scheme. 

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/05/reader-mailbag-why-are-we-still-doing-sandboxes-for-tourists-in-thailand/

Reader mailbag: Why are we still doing “Sandboxes” for tourists in Thailand?!?!

Nice short article here written by :

Per Forsberg,  Sweden.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BigTel said:

The thoughts from Per Forsberg pretty much echo exactly what I think of this "Sandbox" scheme. 

Very well put, I agree.

This also:

Fact Check: Is Pattaya, Bangkok, and other places in Thailand fully opening to vaccinated foreign tourists in October?

Q: Is Thailand fully open to foreign vaccinated tourists sometime in October?

A. The short answer is no. We will get further into this below.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/09/03/fact-check-is-pattaya-bangkok-and-other-places-in-thailand-fully-opening-to-vaccinated-foreign-tourists-in-october/

• Like 2

Check The Policy Wording

It's important to keep in mind that the border security in Thailand reserves the right to refuse anyone entry into the country upon arrival. Just having a visa in hand is not enough to get in, in some cases. You will need to actually present your insurance proof upon arrival, and the wording of the insurance is extremely important.

The Thailand Embassy has made a statement that traveler's insurance needs to explicitly state three things in order for it to be valid upon arrival in Thailand. These are:

• The insurance must state that it covers COVID-19. If it does not list COVID-19 under its coverage scenarios, the traveler will be denied entry.
  • The insurance must state exactly how long it is valid for. This must cover the duration of the time the visitor will be in Thailand from start to finish.
  • The insurance must explicitly state that it covers a minimum of $100,000 USD 
  • https://www.siam-legal.com/insurance-for-foreigners-traveling-to-thailand.php
  • Like 2

The insurance companies I quoted here will cover you for covid.

But $100,000 really, that's nots enough. Your looking at £10 million now. I used to be happy with a £1 million.

You need to look at your metrics when your doing a quote:

1. How much Medical cover + covid.

2. The value of your suitcase (what's in it)

3. Your Gadjets

4. Cancelled flights 

5. Existing medical conditions.

There's more, but you get the idea yeah ;-).

You can strip things out like winter sports etc. Stay away from hiring bikes.

Get yourself a decent quote.

In the past, so used to walking into a travel agents or a supermarket and buying it off the shelf. Just checking the summary and not the fine print.

Then it was a perk on my bank account.

Its money well spent gents, believe me.

Its not so much about cover, its about service after the shit hits the fan.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

Its money well spent gents, believe me.

Its not so much about cover, its about service after the shit hits the fan.

You are not wrong there Fenton.  As I posted here at the time when I broke my arm in Pattaya, having good insurance and the service I received, both from the hospital and the insurance company back in Ireland, along with the support of friends on the ground, gave me great peace of mind at that stressful time.  If I hadn’t had cover it would have set me back about €10,000, ouch.

• Like 3

Its really no laughing matter, a bm from the other forum fell off his balcony. Very lucky to survive the fall. The police did a toxicology report, he was clean as a whistle. 

He thought he was in a position to claim for surgery to repair his broken broken bones (spine, leg, ankle can't remember what other injuries he sustained).

To cut a long story short, the Insurance company delayed at every opportunity, if it was not for a close friend stumping up the cash for the surgery (cash under the table job, no comeback on it). The pressure applied to get them to release funds was unreal.

You really don't want this nightmare.

• Like 2