Thailand Opens Restaurants For Fully Vaccinated On September 1st

Pdoggg

Massage shops will be permitted to reopen for foot massage only.    There are some reports that certain high risk venues may require two masks.  The Grunt is the only guy I know who wears two masks.  :shok::ph34r::biggrin: Actually I did too the day I was vaccinated as I thought the hospital was a high risk setting.  Info will be clarified in the next few days.

13 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

But Quinn... a chance for you to make a bit of money... dodgy certificates!

You think? :biggrin: They've been sold over here in Europe for quite awhile. 

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The Grunt is the only guy I know who wears two masks. 

Oh no. Really? I thought you were more of a rebel, BBG.

6 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Massage shops will be permitted to reopen for foot massage only.

Oh well, at least being able to get a foot job is a start to getting back to normal.  Of course, most LB feet aren't typically the clean and dainty and smooth GG feet of foot fetish fantasies.  Especially having spent the past year back home barefoot working in the fields and gardens.  Yikes!  

Oh, wait, you really meant "foot massage" as in "foot massage", didn't you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At this point, there are more questions than answers regarding the new regulations to take effect on September 1st.  The Pattaya News came up with a good list of questions.  Question H is perhaps the most important.

Regarding the rapid antigen test in lieu of the certificate of full vaccination, what happens if it comes back positive?  Do you get carted off to a field hospital where there have been reports of group sex activities but also the availability of  smuggled in cigarettes?  Or can you just run away like feeing a bar before you pay your bin??

Will the antigen test be a nasal swab, not too appealing before dinner or a more embarrassing semen sample?  To prevent cheating does a restaurant employee monitor the semen producing  process?

Below is the list from Adam's article: 

A. There are 29 “dark red” zones. Although Bangkok is estimated at 90% of the population with at least one Covid-19 shot, many of the provinces and areas, including Chonburi, have far, far less (Only 33 percent of Chonburi has ONE shot for instance). The number of potential customers who are fully vaccinated is low and many customers would likely be uncomfortable taking a rapid antigen test before having dinner. Would provinces have some leeway on the rules? Additionally, it is worth noting that many of those fully vaccinated are elderly, disabled, bed-ridden, vulnerable, and/or at-risk and not likely to be regular diners or be willing to go out in the current situation anyways.

B. Is it even enforceable? There is already a lot of chatter that restaurants, such as street carts, moo kata, Thai venues, etc may not be checked at all while “foreign-owned” restaurants and franchises, or those venues in malls could be a big potential target for law enforcement in some areas. With current emergency decree-laws what would normally be a minor violation could mean a big payday for law enforcement.

C.  Will one dose of a vaccine such as AstraZeneca, which has a long period between doses, be potentially allowed? (This is still unclear, but in the Sandbox project, it is. However, information so far released by the CCSA says “Fully” vaccinated. This would potentially mean months of waiting for many people to simply go eat in a restaurant and a huge loss of revenue to the venues.

D. Will kids be exempt? Or do they have to take a test before eating? If so, many people will skip dinner with the family. Speaking of exemptions, if a customer brings a medical exemption from a doctor/note, will this be accepted?

E. How will a certificate from overseas in terms of being vaccinated be accepted? Will it be accepted? How will staff be trained and know to tell what is real and what could be just a paper someone is waving at them? Will a business be held liable if a customer uses a fake certificate and is caught?

F. Will restaurant owners really say no to long-term regular customers? Is it fair to put enforcement on restaurants? Will we see more discrimination against foreign nationals potentially at Thai venues, even if vaccinated?

G. Will food delivery drivers, repairmen, ice vendors, lime vendors, suppliers, business partners, owners, etc be required to be vaccinated?

H.  If a customer chooses to take a rapid-antigen test before eating, does it have to be done in front of a staff member? What happens if they are positive? Does a hospital immediately have to be called or can the customer leave? Who is tracking the test? Since a test is good for a week according to the information given, can a customer just bring a picture of a rapid test they claim they took and said it was done a few days ago?

I. Staff is also required to be fully vaccinated, but can one dose be allowed, especially for AZ and critical staff?  They are also, in dark-red zones, according to the information given, supposed to test roughly twice a week. Where is this data being stored? Who is reviewing it? Is this a “trust” based system on the owner? Who does the single owner of, say, a noodle restaurant report to?

J. Who enforces this vaccination policy overall? Will law enforcement be properly trained on identifying vaccine passports and rapid antigen test results? Will customers who might be breaking the rules, either on purpose or by accident, be fined under what some call draconian emergency decree-laws for tens of thousands of baht and brought to jail like with alcohol-related laws previously?

K. If all these strict rules are in place, why is alcohol still banned at restaurants? Why can’t outdoor bars or similar venues adopt the same rules?

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/28/analysis-opinion-huge-list-of-questions-about-vaccine-requirements-rules-for-proposal-of-easing-covid-19-restrictions-in-thailands-max-control-provinces/

• Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 11:29 AM, blind boy grunt said:

dodgy certificates!

Maderna.

This fake ‘Maderna’ vaccine card sees woman facing a year in prison and $5,000 fine in Hawaii

Woman who misspelled 'Moderna' on allegedly fake vaccination card arrested at airport

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/6a96814a-0970-33df-9dbf-314e0c253021/this-fake-‘maderna’-vaccine.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-misspelled-moderna-allegedly-fake-150600252.html

An Illinois woman was arrested in Hawaii, accused of falsifying vaccination documents to skip the state's mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated visitors

Hawaiian authorities have arrested a woman on suspicion of submitting a fake vaccination card after noticing the company name "Moderna" was spelled incorrectly.

202e4ea8445f62643a3d780b371c5c66.jpeg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, seven said:

Maderna.

This fake ‘Maderna’ vaccine card sees woman facing a year in prison and $5,000 fine in Hawaii

Woman who misspelled 'Moderna' on allegedly fake vaccination card arrested at airport

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/6a96814a-0970-33df-9dbf-314e0c253021/this-fake-‘maderna’-vaccine.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-misspelled-moderna-allegedly-fake-150600252.html

An Illinois woman was arrested in Hawaii, accused of falsifying vaccination documents to skip the state's mandatory quarantine for unvaccinated visitors

Hawaiian authorities have arrested a woman on suspicion of submitting a fake vaccination card after noticing the company name "Moderna" was spelled incorrectly.

202e4ea8445f62643a3d780b371c5c66.jpeg

She is a bit thick. She thinks there are 16 months in a year!

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

what do you think QG?

I've heard through the Jomtien lb grapevine that there is a dodgy character hanging around 7/11s offering various services for the price of a pack of ciggies. Sometimes he even claims to be a falang holy man, they think like monk, but he not wear orange robes!

Teya sent me a pic of him.   

Screenshot 2021-08-26 14.51.20 (1).jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today I went to Immigration to do my 90 day report.  I was in and out in a minute.  All I needed was my passport and the paper stamped in my passport stating the day the report is due.  I didn't have to fill out a form.  I've had good luck avoiding crowds by going late in the afternoon for this simple process.

Afterwards had afternoon brekkie at Pirate's Bay on Dongtan Beach.  Not the finest 120 baht breakfast but the coffee is better than you usually get with these deals. But Pirate's Bay is more about the view than the food.  Here's looking out at the bay from one of the seats along the rail.

20210902_154602_copy_1612x1209.jpg

• Like 3