4th Wave

Pdoggg

The government’s Covid-19 task force has defended new restrictions that ban dining in at restaurants, saying the country is heading into a fourth wave of the virus. According to a Bangkok Post report, Natthapol Nakpanich from the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration says the Delta variant is now spreading across the country.

Some restaurant operators have threatened to fight back against the ban, with a campaign called #GooJaperdMuengJaThammai (“We’ll Open, What Are You Going To Do About It?”) taking off on social media. Organisers are threatening to defy the dine-in ban in 3 stages.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/officials-defend-dine-in-ban-amid-fears-of-a-fourth-wave

delta.jpeg

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RandiUno2 said:

Lee Marvin...OMG...old school...fuck chuck norris.

Lee Marvin.  The coolest of the bad ass character actors in that classic period from the 1950s to the 1980s.  Too many great roles and movies to recount.  Check out Marvin in "The Wild One" and "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance" to name just a couple.  He won the Oscar for best actor in 1965 for his role in "Cat Ballou."  But how did he want to be remembered?  Simply as PFC Lee Marvin, the wounded and decorated Marine in WWII, buried at Arlington National Cemetery.

ARLLM626040075.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

DOOMED! DOOMED! We are all DOOMED!

The only thing we can do is EXPIATION! We have all forgotten the face of our father and we face DOOM!

Long  now have mortal men heeded the Mammon words of those men of science who would be gods. Men, who now think of themselves as gods.

We have to return like lost sheep to the fold, into the cradle of YHWH’s arms. We have forgotten him and sinned in his all-seeing eyes.

EXPIATION! Apologise and beg God for forgiveness.

And how do we do that, before it is all too late, before more plagues are let loose upon us? What does the good book tell us what EXPIATION is?  That the only cleanser for sin in the eye and mind of YHWH is Blood!

Sacrifice! Since Isaac was placed on the sacrificial table with the golden axe looming blunt and bloody above him, men have always pleased God with sacrifice.

Heed the words that are writ all you lockdown, closedown, shutdown crew. God has sent this plague amongst us for his purpose, which is not ours to know or to fight, but to accept.

Virgin blood may appease him.

Fek me, that’s us fecked in Pattaya then……

Regs

Preacher Grunt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I didn't know they had as many as 3240 deaths. Imagine the unaccounted. The black sheep of the world Sweden have 14 646 deaths.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-reports-daily-record-10-011158926.html

BANGKOK (Reuters) -Thailand is looking to introduce more restrictions on movement as authorities on Saturday reported record numbers of new cases and deaths, despite partial lockdowns in Bangkok and nine other provinces this week.

The country's COVID-19 task force reported 10,082 new coronavirus cases and 141 additional deaths, both daily records and bringing total infections to 391,989 cases and fatalities to 3,240 since the pandemic started.

• Like 1

seven, don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch - Sweden currently doesn't have much Covid19  Delta variant - if that happens, it is a completely different situation - as Singapore, Taiwan and Korea have demonstrated.

Since Sweden has decided to open up for vaccinated tourists - the risk becomes higher. I hope that the Covid 19 Delta variant doesn't affect your country the same as it has many others.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rxpharm said:

seven, don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch - Sweden currently doesn't have much Covid19  Delta variant - if that happens, it is a completely different situation - as Singapore, Taiwan and Korea have demonstrated.

Since Sweden has decided to open up for vaccinated tourists - the risk becomes higher. I hope that the Covid 19 Delta variant doesn't affect your country the same as it has many others.

I am absolutely not doing that ( much to your disappointment), merely point out the ignorant suggestion that Thailand was spared from covid and 'handled the pandemic well'. I also don't believe there will be a 'completely different situation'  if the delta variant spreads. Vaccine and experience from a year of health care will  help us cope.

I'm so far from being a proud nationalist and realize one countrys success in vaccination is more or less worthless as long as other less fortunate countries struggle with vaccinating their people, like Thailand.

In fact I'm not too crazy about the wests grand opening like the recent Euro 2020 in Engerland with pissed up brits behaving like Neanderthals. Nevermind  Silverstone F1 yesterday with 140 000 people.

We sure  have that type of behaviors here as well. We'll see how sensitive this was in a few weeks time, I guess. I have faith in science and vaccines and believe this will help us ( globally) with future virus variants and think we should've waited with the grand opening until more people were vaccinated globally.

The fact that Thailand sat on their hands with a smug smile on their face last year is unfortunate but hardly surprising. They're paying a very high price for that now. Lets hope it will not be as bad as Europe, South/North America had.

Mask up and hang in there, rxpharm. When more people are vaccinated we can get back to our beloved ladymen.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

“If the new infection rate is still high in the next two months, there is a possibility that we might have to impose a lockdown, like in Wuhan, China, to control the spread of the virus, where people have to stay at home and are not allowed to travel, to a point where food and water will be delivered to homes,” Dr. Opart said, adding that the measures will gradually intensify until the situation is under control.
https://www.thaipbsworld.com/complete-lockdown-in-two-months-possible-if-covid-19-figures-do-not-improve-ddc/

• Like 3

On 7/18/2021 at 5:12 AM, rxpharm said:

rxpharm, sorry.

Daily COVID Deaths in Sweden Hit Zero, as Other Nations Brace for More Lockdowns

Sweden isn't in the news much these days. There's a reason for that.

https://fee.org/articles/daily-covid-deaths-in-sweden-hit-zero-as-other-nations-brace-for-more-lockdowns/

One country not making much news is Sweden.

Despite these criticisms, Sweden’s laissez-faire approach to the pandemic continues today. In contrast to its European neighbors, Sweden is welcoming tourists. Businesses and schools are open with almost no restrictions. And as far as masks are concerned, not only is there no mandate in place, Swedish health officials are not even recommending them.

What are the results of Sweden’s much-derided laissez-faire policy? Data show the 7-day rolling average for COVID deaths yesterday was zero (see below). As in nada. And it’s been at zero for about a week now.

Even a year ago, it was clear the hyperbolic claims about “the Swedish catastrophe” were false; just ask Elon Musk (also see: here, here, and here). But a year later the evidence is overwhelming that Sweden got the pandemic mostly right. Sweden’s overall mortality rate in 2020 was lowerthan most of Europe and its economy suffered far less. Meanwhile, today Sweden is freer and healthier than virtually any other country in Europe.

As much of the world remains gripped in fear and nations devise new restrictions to curtail basic freedoms, Sweden remains a vital and shining reminder that there is a better way.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

If you live in Thailand, there is a good chance you weren't too concerned about Covid on April Fool's Day.

Things have changed significantly since then.

hey, i'm not concerned now, after all we are all wearing masks, so how can coronavid get us? masks will save the world, along with lockdown of course. The virus knows it can't work after 9pm now... Yee Haw!... We are saved.

....i know it's true, all the big people tell us everyday on Television. Along with all the other fake news and dodgy statistics.

Thank god for Sweden Seven. i guess that you realise how lucky you have been to live there.

We are saved yes indeed! well, except for the soon to be starving to death.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

The virus knows it can't work after 9pm now.

Yes, its really silly. Cant cross borders either.

i guess that you realise how lucky you have been to live there.

I am. Not often I'm a proud citizen but this time we got it right.

We are saved yes indeed! well, except for the soon to be starving to death.

Recently Europe started to report and worry about just that.  We've been so busy saving our own ass for the last year, some parts of the world have been almost forgotten. Starvation, food supply, meds will never be a problem in Europe (unless you are in the Brexit fiasco).  Also discussed more now are the devastation and casualties caused not by covid directly , but indirectly by the many ill thought actions and restriction such as lockdowns. Its obvious these issues are being discussed more now that we've managed the pandemic.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, seven said:

Recently Europe started to report and worry about just that.  We've been so busy saving our own ass for the last year, some parts of the world have been almost forgotten. Starvation, food supply, meds will never be a problem in Europe (unless you are in the Brexit fiasco).  Also discussed more now are the devastation and casualties caused not by covid directly , but indirectly by the many ill thought actions and restriction such as lockdowns. Its obvious these issues are being discussed more now that we've managed the pandemic.

well said Seven. Must confess i know nothing, and don't want to know anything about Brexit. Which was really an anti-immigration vote i suspect.

What worries me more is the precedents that have been set, Politicians pandering initially to the rabid media, Doctors and scientists.. Scientists for feks sake!

Design us another atom bomb boys! how about agent orange? Anthrax? Thalidomide!... scientists! problem is none of these cretins know or understand the first thing about sociology, how the lockdown/shutdown would affect society. Nor did they care a fuck, they managed to get on  television. False gods.

No, the precedent has been set for the future, and it is looking bleak. Once Covid decides to go then the next thing will come along in a few years and the lockdown crew will raise their voices again and Lo and behold, people like now will be so scared and demand action to protect their little lives. Not caring a hot poop how things like lockdown affect others.

until the middle of last century, medically, people were responsible for their lives... but since the NHS and similar arose it's now 'we want taking care of, we want you to be responsible for us, Give me some pills'... fine as far as it goes, going to the doctor when you are sick, getting what help there is available. But now it's time to understand that doctors etc are not all-wise and infallible.

oh my god! i just realised i have typed this without wearing a mask!

• Like 2