Defiance

Pdoggg

After a year and a half of closures and lockdowns and restrictions and regulations that often start and even end with the nightlife and entertainment industry, some bar and restaurant owners are sick of it and growing defiant. Citing the lack of government assistance and the sporadic and last-minute closure decisions that through livelihoods into chaos, some owners are urging rebellion and reopening.

This weekend, the Beer Wanderlust blog posted their intention to rally nightlife businesses to disobey Covid-19 restrictions and open with safety measures in place. The campaign is called Koo Ja Perd Mueng Ja Tam Mai Wa, in English essentially “F— the rules, I’ll open.”

“If 7-Eleven stores and shopping malls can open, I cannot see why we can’t. The risks are all the same, you idiots.”

https://thethaiger.com/thai-life/entertainment/nightlife-restaurants-suggest-opening-in-defiance-of-restrictions

• Like 1

Fair enough standing up for your self,  but unfortunately I can see the rally hurting the business owners. The government won't back down as they would loose face and that just can't happen in Thailand. 

I do wish them all the best , and hope the rally might bring out some cuties in sexy outfits demonstrating 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

At least 30 people were arrested last night (November 3rd) at a bar near Beach Road for allegedly breaking the Chonburi disease control order designed to prevent the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus, according to the Pattaya Police.

The incident took place at 10:00 P.M. when a team from the Pattaya City Police led by the Pattaya City Acting Police Chief Colonel Maykawit Praditphon were patrolling in the area to prepare for the Pattaya Music Festival tomorrow (November 5th) and on November 6th.

Police found that the bar, located near Soi 8 next to a closed Burger King, was opened and many people were found gathering in the bar. Officers found at least 30 foreigners and Thais who were, according to Pattaya police, drinking alcohol, gathering, and breaking current rules around Covid-19. Alcohol was allegedly found inside paper glasses.

def11.jpegdef12.jpegdef13.jpeg

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/11/04/atleast-30-people-arrested-at-pattaya-beach-bar-for-allegedly-gathering-drinking-alcohol-and-breaking-covid-19-rules/

• Like 1