High Speed Rail Airport Link

Pdoggg

A major high-speed rail construction project in Chonburi which will be linked to three airports is expected to start this October.

The EEC describes the project on their website as follows: The High-Speed Railway will provide fast and convenient journeys between 3 major international airports of Bangkok, namely Don Mueang Airport, Suvarnabhumi Airport, and U-Tapao Airport, with the velocity of 250 kilometers per hour. The system comprises of 9 high-speed stations namely Don Mueang, Bang Sue, Makkasan, Suvarnabhumi, Chachoengsao, Chonburi, Si Racha, Pattaya, and U-Tapao with the Transit-Oriented Development (TOD) at Makkasan and Si Racha station.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/06/08/high-speed-rail-project-construction-in-chonburi-linked-to-three-major-airports-expected-to-start-this-october/

This would make it more viable for Pattaya residents to fly out of Don Mueang.   Not sure if I would use it for Swampy instead of the Jomtien Bus.   

The Pattaya station will be somewhere on the Darkside.  Perhaps it will link with the Pattaya monorail.  Although if Bolt prices stay as low as they are now that might be OK.  Perhaps Grab will buy Bolt.  I suspect Bolt's Thai business model is based on Grab buying them out.

21 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

I would use it if there were only a couple of stops between,  the one from swampy to bkk has way to many stops 

The Makkasan stop on the high speed line will be only one stop from Swampy.  By contrast, Makkasan is the 5th stop on the existing rail link.  Most farangs probably use Makkasan or Phaya Thai which is the 7th and final stop.

In the other direction the Pattaya Darkside station is the 1st stop from Swampy.

2 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The Makkasan stop on the high speed line will be only one stop from Swampy.  By contrast, Makkasan is the 5th stop on the existing rail link.  Most farangs probably use Makkasan or Phaya Thai which is the 7th and final stop.

In the other direction the Pattaya Darkside station is the 1st stop from Swampy.

I always used the Phaya Thai stop and then the Nana line