Impromptu BM Nominations for the Hall of Legends--Propose! Advocate! Object! Any Monger, Any Time, Excellence and Chivalry are Musts!

7 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

There is a guy under that name on FB residing in North Carolina which seemed an odd ending for a globetrotting dutchman.

I don't think that would be the same person. Paultain was from Northern Ireland and lived in Holland.  I think @duke007 might have known him.

He was a BM on here and there is a thread at https://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/297-paultain-2007-2010/page/5/

2 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

I would also mention Juri as one of the kings who should be enshrined in the hall of fame. Outstanding taste as well as numbers. When was the last Juri sighting?

I last saw him in the Philippines in November 2015, attended both his Birthday parties that took part in Angeles City (2014 & 15), and both parties were absolute blasts, they were attended by quite a few very well known BM's from this forum, not to mention an abundance of ladyboys. B)

The amount of debauchery that happened back at the Hotels for a few nights didn't bear thinking about :spiteful:, thankfully I had my Pinay g/f (last pic) at the time to help keep me in check :man_in_love:

Just a few snaps :drinks:

post-136-0-96549800-1444471996.png

IMG_20210522_201758.jpg

IMG_20210522_202810.jpg

IMG_20210522_202847.jpg

IMG_20210522_202916.jpg

IMG_20210522_203001.jpg

post-136-0-21999500-1417335228.jpg

IMG_20210419_174716.png

• Like 5

(Great post Duke,  this one that follows is not prompted by it)

Speaking as the host of the Romscars Club, I am thrilled how this tread has evolved into a discussion on Hall of Legends candidates and how names are being proposed, but I would like to add, as a point of order, that the Romscars Hall of Legends concept is to acknowledge mongers who bring or brought something special and exciting to the game.  It’s NOT about mongers who fuck 1,000 ladyboys and brag about it.  Any decrepit sexpat on a day laborer's pension can do that in Thailand…  This is not to say that the names being proposed are not worthy.  I think they are.  This is to ask BMs that in proposing new names, please highlight what makes them so legendary.

Let me clarify a little better what I mean by making a recap of the 9 Hall of Legends inductees to date and explain why they were selected:

645849600_HallofLegends.jpg.dd57da893e0210a5313274fb8056e38d.jpg

Rinzler :  When he tragically died in 2018 I thought of honoring him in the context of the 2018 Romscars and gave him a lifetime achievement award.  I had been planning the Hall of Legends even before, so it was timely to launch it with Rinzler.  Had he not died, he would not have been my inaugural choice; but he was a uniquely compassionate, caring monger and a sensible moderator at PY who was backstabbed by the other 3 to bring in the first of the 2 thickos who made PY what it is today.  Just for that, I think Rinzler deserves to be in the Hall of Legends.

The other 8 are evident choices that can be summarized in 1 or 2 words:

Tony/Streetwalker : LBWVT

Quinn : The Artist

Captain Outrageous : The Photographer

Jimbo : The Icon

Josh : The Gamechanger

Snoop : The Storyteller & Travel Guide

Stealth : Mr. Popular with the ladyboys

Duke : Mr. Popular online

Again: please don't just advocate for the Hall of Legends in terms of years spent chasing ladyboys; let's hear what is/was so unique and legendary about it. Specifically: Excellence-&-Chivalrywise.

Thanks

Rom

• Like 4

I don't see why Ernesto is not in there.  Frankly he's not my style but his wide ranging explorations and numerous postings with photos...I can't deny he's a rare bird in the monger world.

As to Jimbo, for sure a hall of fame in ladyboy history, but I don't know about his mongering.  Obviously he was getting a lot but majority of posts about him are in reference to his operation of one of the all time fav's in bars and his personality.

Snoop did indeed make GREAT posts with beautiful photos of things non ladyboy, but I'm not sure about his volume of consumption :) I mean a lot of guys post who mostly settle on one ladyboy and spend lots of time with them.  Mongering to ME would be someone who mostly butterflys, sampling many. 

Captain Outrageous is known to me as mostly a great conduit to gorgeous ladyboy pics. Again, obviously he was doing a lot of the girls, if not all :),  but I'd put him in a HoF category devoted to those who served up the ladies in pixels on the net so we could all know of them and be enticed to come and savor.

My choice of Juri was based on not only his number of conquests but the (to me) very classy taste he had on who he chose and ALSO his modesty as he never shotgunned forums with "look what *I* just nailed" posts. Class act methinks.

I mean so many to think of, in his relatively short time, Fried Funk scored points with me. 

Really, you should explain what YOU think of as a monger I spose.  We ALL love LOS for many things non ladyboy related, but as you said, just because someone is blinders on to nail as MANY as they can in a short time, yeah, they're a monger, but somewhat ordinary and not exceptional. 

I like Pautain's stuff, especially the early tales, but as I recall he only topped em and was not interested in COCK.  Points deducted for not swallowing :)  While Rxpharm is a HoF monger of sorts, his post op fixation would exlude him on this front. 

Then to we have guys that may not do all THAT many, or post great trip reports but are well known to treat the girls with care and respect.  Would that enter BB or PD into consideration?

I'd put Dukie in a classic monger class really, of which there are many but that is another thread.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Apparently Juri settled down with an LB in Korat many years ago now. 

It warms my heart to think of someone in such a position.  Seems like true happiness, tho I'm not sure I'd choose Korat :)

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 7:54 AM, Quietguy said:

I don't think that would be the same person. Paultain was from Northern Ireland and lived in Holland.  I think @duke007 might have known him.

He was a BM on here and there is a thread at https://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/297-paultain-2007-2010/page/5/

That fb page does seem to be Paultain's, but only has one post, from 2011, to promote his book. 

It might have been posted by the book's publisher, hence the North Carolina address.

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 09.23.41.png

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 09.25.43.png

Screenshot 2021-05-23 at 09.26.58.png

• Like 2

these are good names to follow up on and check their reports.

Paul tain looks like Christianxxx cousin.

how about that gut KoyKaeng. I'm not advocating him but I remember he had a lot of.reports and had an insatiable size queen appetite. the guy was after the biggest tool in LOS it seemed.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2021 at 9:47 PM, JustSumGai said:

personally I think Billy69 should be included in all this

15 hours ago, Rom said:

let's hear what is/was so unique and legendary about it.

The cockring?

• Haha 2

Paultain ? Why not ? But he's an old legend in another forum. I had read only one of his posts titled "why do we make TRs ?". I don't know why he was some kind of a legend. It seems he started posting before the mass of mongers and never argued with anyone. 

Jimbo : this guy is one of the initiaters of PY and keeps on maintaining the bad sprit in PY. He's not customer oriented. he's always seen customers as prays . All bad words posted about ladyboys or Thai girls seeing farangs as ATMs could apply to Jimbo. Has anyone ever thought that he's a businessman judging his customers in a forum supposed to organize information and experience sharing between ladyboys customers ? This old creepy guy should remain a black legend in the world of mongers. 

Snoopdawg  was sometimes copied but never equalled. It's not a question of how many ladyboys he shagged but he managed to point out one can have fun differently from just getting drunk and bar fining bar farmed ladyboys.  Yes his TR also showed non ladyboy related beauties. Having sometimes visited the same cities, I remain blown away by the pics he shot in cities (such as Georgetwn, Malaysia) not far from ladyboys. I was also surprised by his weak memory when he visited LBR a few months ago. Perhaps, Snoopdawg is too young or too recent to reach the old legends of ladyboys mongers. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

On 10/7/2022 at 3:59 AM, Rom said:

And every year I try to induct as "legendary" one monger who came on the scene before me (there aren't many alive!) and this year I am thinking of an irishman known as Paultain who passed away in 2015.  He stands out from the crowd because he wrote a book, which I bought like 10 years ago but put down after 2 or 3 chapters because I did not enjoy his writing style and the total absence of pics to match his neverending sex exploits with beautiful young asians I could not visualize.  But I brought the book along on this trip and am forcing myself to read more of it, also because, like most of us, Paultain started out mongering TH and PH GGs and made the transition to ladyboys as time went by, so perhaps the best bits are towards the end of the book.   

The reason I brought this up is because I would like to ask BMs if any knew Paultain personally and if any think he is Romscar Hall of Legends worthy?   He was a BM here at LBR and did post plenty of pics so I am inclined to induct him ... Any objections or acclamations?

I only ever met Paultain online but I felt like I knew him; for me is the Godfather of Ladyboy Mongering. Back in 2011 I was a member of a lot off different boards as I prepared for my first trip to Pattaya (which would also be my first solo trip) and I my third to Thailand. At that time I was only dabbling in the dark side but two BM's stood out amongst their peers as they were openly posting their LB experiences on the mainstream boards (Pattaya addicts etc). One of those was Alaskan Bear and the other was the legendary Paultain. He introduced me to LBP where his Trip Reports stood out amongst everyone elses as they weren't just a clinical list of conquests and fucks but real adventures, mixing mongering with mainstream activities. His ethos became something I would try to emulate and he was kind enough to write me a detailed guide that I'll post below. I picked up his self-published book - it used to be on sale in Cantebury Tales and all profits he gave to a Thai orphanage - and although the writing was lacking in professionalism and truthfully the printed word is not a good a format at Boards / Blogs (that allow different media to be inserted) it was still an entertaining read. I got the impression that his was a life well lived and I'm sad that I never got to meet him in person; a light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

image.png.90346c014cc3de21f9883629913413e0.png

(excerpt from my "Snoop Dawg and the Bakers Dozen" TR above | Paultains "lb bar guide" written circa April 2021 below)

Well let me tell you about a few places, starting with Walking Street;

Just above Pattaya Beers Garden, there is a new LB bar that just opened called ‘Koyo No 7’, I personally haven’t been in there as it just opened during my last trip, and didn’t know about it until I came back. But good reports about it, not being pushy etc. A lot of guys who are not into LB’s go there just to chill, play a game of pool with them, and have a laugh.

I personally avoid ‘Jenny Star Bar’ and the ‘English Bar’ which is on up the street a bit, as here a lot of hard core drugies/ thieves/ and scammers hang out among the good one’s, and simple hard to tell which is which. Another one to avoid is the ‘Limaquay’ (spelling) on Soi Diamond, which LB mongers never go in there, as it is a place famous for scamming drinks/ bill padding/ and very pushy.

A favorite of all LB mongers was the ‘EZY Bar’ in Soi BJ, now closed but I personally never took any from there, as Karl the owner, is an old mate, and always famous for his music archives, which is in the thousands, and any thing you mention to him, he will play it just with one click, even though it was too rare for any body to have. He is now moved too his missus’s bar, ‘Famous Bar’ in Soi VC. Most of his old staff can be found in the ‘Orn Bar’ among the beer bars in Soi Diana. Lita his missus, can have a party there at a drop of a hat, including a pig on a spit, for just over 4000 baht, and she also run’s the ‘Famous Road Trips’ which I’ll report about that later. She also has a special promotion going…… 699 baht includes barfine plus shortime room plus tip for the girl. This is afternoon special from 14:00 to 18:00. Not my cup of tea, I don’t think much about the selection there. Two story, with pool tables upstairs, and a large out side balcony, were a few tables are, to chill out. No hassle, and drink are reasonably priced, and no bill padding.

La Bamba is actually a LB only bar in Soi Yamoto, it's pretty much laid back, and your not pestered in there, and because of that the LB mongers like to meet up there, where they can have a laugh and a drink without interruption, before going else where. Then going back into town, you have the ‘La Bamba’, like I said it’s a meeting point, and no hassle, and drink are reasonably priced, and no bill padding. Can be a good laugh in there, but again as it’s a place I regularly go to, I never take from there also. Some guys who are not into LB's go in there for a quite drink, and to have a bit of a look round, and a laugh. Some find it intimidating to go inside these places, but after doing so, they find that they are more intimidated by you.

Before getting to La Bamba, there is the ‘Obsessions/Kitten Club’ on Soi Pattayaland 3, which is a large ago-go bar which is split in two, one side is for girls, and one side is for LB’s. I’ve only been in there 2 times my last trip, but never before, as I heard a lot of bad reports about the place. Not from the LB’s, in fact far from it. The problem is the old fat ugly LB mamasan there, on the LB section, which is always hustling drinks, pushy, and sometimes abusive, if your not buying drinks fast enough, and also bill padding. Some good and very feminine LB’s in there.

But back to La bamba, and up the same street there’s the ‘Stringfellows’, no trouble with bill’s or drinks, but the LB’s can be quite intimidating if you were a newbie, as they are quite hard core, but a good laugh at the same time. Like most of the bars I mention here, a ST = 300 for the room and 700 for the LB. LT = 500 bar-fine and 1000 for the LB. Some guys might pay more, but that’s my going rate, and for most of the guys.

Next would be the ‘Orn Bar’ in Soi Diana which like I said, has the old staff from the EZY Bar. Then on up to Soi Bukhaow, and to one of my favorite bars, the ‘PookSwan House’, which has a new upstairs section to chill out. I’ve seen this place paced out even in low season, which all sorts of people, gangs of young newbies, that didn’t know it was a LB bar at first, but soon didn’t mind, as they are a good laugh in there. Young, middle aged couples, right up to old age pensioner couples, with zimmer frames. Basically a tourist trap, because of the LB novelty. Most of the LB’s in there are quite feminine, and very passable, and never a bad report about them.

Then just down the Soi Bukhaow a little you come to the ‘Pink Panther Bar’ which is a mixed beer bar, but the LB’s out number the girls there. Never been before, but all good reports about it.

Then to Soi 8, the ‘Blue Dragon Bar’. Classified as a LB bar, but doesn’t hit it off until around 10-11pm, as they are mostly freelancers there, and don’t show up until that time. No problems with them, except there are one or two in there that think their superstars, and try it on, asking for a ridiculous amount of money for ST, but the rest are fine.

As every body knows the rest of the bars in Soi 7 and 8 have a few LB’s working for them, which I personally prefer. Then to Pattaya Klang, you have the quite ‘Di Di’s Bar’, with 5-6 good LB’s, with a couple of girls. Very laid back, absolutely no hassle at all, and very friendly. On my last trip, an old friend of mind took very ill, and ended up in hospital for a couple of days, then went back to his hotel room, but couldn’t manage to get out of bed for a few days more. Two LB’s from this bar took care of him during that time, one would take care of him during the day, and the other took care of him in the evening, making sure there was always somebody with him at all times, regardless what went on in the bar.

Next we go to Soi 6, and start at the ‘So What Bar’ owned by Hansi who is always throwing parties, for any excuse. A little bit more laid back than the other bars in the Soi, drinks reasonable priced, and never a problem with the bill.

Just past Pook’s Bar, there is the ‘Lucky Love Bar’, again owned by Hansi, who is a really nice guy, and the same rates like in all the bars for ST & LT.

Then back up to ‘Pook’s Bar’, another one of my favorites, which I’ve bar-fines a couple from there. Good place for a meet up also.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:14 AM, snoopdawg said:

Well let me tell you about a few places, starting with Walking Street;

Just above Pattaya Beers Garden, there is a new LB bar that just opened called ‘Koyo No 7’, I personally haven’t been in there as it just opened during my last trip, and didn’t know about it until I came back. But good reports about it, not being pushy etc. A lot of guys who are not into LB’s go there just to chill, play a game of pool with them, and have a laugh.

I personally avoid ‘Jenny Star Bar’ and the ‘English Bar’ which is on up the street a bit, as here a lot of hard core drugies/ thieves/ and scammers hang out among the good one’s, and simple hard to tell which is which. Another one to avoid is the ‘Limaquay’ (spelling) on Soi Diamond, which LB mongers never go in there, as it is a place famous for scamming drinks/ bill padding/ and very pushy.

A favorite of all LB mongers was the ‘EZY Bar’ in Soi BJ, now closed but I personally never took any from there, as Karl the owner, is an old mate, and always famous for his music archives, which is in the thousands, and any thing you mention to him, he will play it just with one click, even though it was too rare for any body to have. He is now moved too his missus’s bar, ‘Famous Bar’ in Soi VC. Most of his old staff can be found in the ‘Orn Bar’ among the beer bars in Soi Diana. Lita his missus, can have a party there at a drop of a hat, including a pig on a spit, for just over 4000 baht, and she also run’s the ‘Famous Road Trips’ which I’ll report about that later. She also has a special promotion going…… 699 baht includes barfine plus shortime room plus tip for the girl. This is afternoon special from 14:00 to 18:00. Not my cup of tea, I don’t think much about the selection there. Two story, with pool tables upstairs, and a large out side balcony, were a few tables are, to chill out. No hassle, and drink are reasonably priced, and no bill padding.

La Bamba is actually a LB only bar in Soi Yamoto, it's pretty much laid back, and your not pestered in there, and because of that the LB mongers like to meet up there, where they can have a laugh and a drink without interruption, before going else where. Then going back into town, you have the ‘La Bamba’, like I said it’s a meeting point, and no hassle, and drink are reasonably priced, and no bill padding. Can be a good laugh in there, but again as it’s a place I regularly go to, I never take from there also. Some guys who are not into LB's go in there for a quite drink, and to have a bit of a look round, and a laugh. Some find it intimidating to go inside these places, but after doing so, they find that they are more intimidated by you.

Before getting to La Bamba, there is the ‘Obsessions/Kitten Club’ on Soi Pattayaland 3, which is a large ago-go bar which is split in two, one side is for girls, and one side is for LB’s. I’ve only been in there 2 times my last trip, but never before, as I heard a lot of bad reports about the place. Not from the LB’s, in fact far from it. The problem is the old fat ugly LB mamasan there, on the LB section, which is always hustling drinks, pushy, and sometimes abusive, if your not buying drinks fast enough, and also bill padding. Some good and very feminine LB’s in there.

But back to La bamba, and up the same street there’s the ‘Stringfellows’, no trouble with bill’s or drinks, but the LB’s can be quite intimidating if you were a newbie, as they are quite hard core, but a good laugh at the same time. Like most of the bars I mention here, a ST = 300 for the room and 700 for the LB. LT = 500 bar-fine and 1000 for the LB. Some guys might pay more, but that’s my going rate, and for most of the guys.

Next would be the ‘Orn Bar’ in Soi Diana which like I said, has the old staff from the EZY Bar. Then on up to Soi Bukhaow, and to one of my favorite bars, the ‘PookSwan House’, which has a new upstairs section to chill out. I’ve seen this place paced out even in low season, which all sorts of people, gangs of young newbies, that didn’t know it was a LB bar at first, but soon didn’t mind, as they are a good laugh in there. Young, middle aged couples, right up to old age pensioner couples, with zimmer frames. Basically a tourist trap, because of the LB novelty. Most of the LB’s in there are quite feminine, and very passable, and never a bad report about them.

Then just down the Soi Bukhaow a little you come to the ‘Pink Panther Bar’ which is a mixed beer bar, but the LB’s out number the girls there. Never been before, but all good reports about it.

Then to Soi 8, the ‘Blue Dragon Bar’. Classified as a LB bar, but doesn’t hit it off until around 10-11pm, as they are mostly freelancers there, and don’t show up until that time. No problems with them, except there are one or two in there that think their superstars, and try it on, asking for a ridiculous amount of money for ST, but the rest are fine.

As every body knows the rest of the bars in Soi 7 and 8 have a few LB’s working for them, which I personally prefer. Then to Pattaya Klang, you have the quite ‘Di Di’s Bar’, with 5-6 good LB’s, with a couple of girls. Very laid back, absolutely no hassle at all, and very friendly. On my last trip, an old friend of mind took very ill, and ended up in hospital for a couple of days, then went back to his hotel room, but couldn’t manage to get out of bed for a few days more. Two LB’s from this bar took care of him during that time, one would take care of him during the day, and the other took care of him in the evening, making sure there was always somebody with him at all times, regardless what went on in the bar.

Next we go to Soi 6, and start at the ‘So What Bar’ owned by Hansi who is always throwing parties, for any excuse. A little bit more laid back than the other bars in the Soi, drinks reasonable priced, and never a problem with the bill.

Just past Pook’s Bar, there is the ‘Lucky Love Bar’, again owned by Hansi, who is a really nice guy, and the same rates like in all the bars for ST & LT.

Then back up to ‘Pook’s Bar’, another one of my favorites, which I’ve bar-fines a couple from there. Good place for a meet up also.

Now that you're the experienced monger, what would you post if a young padawan contacted you before his first trip ? 

• Like 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:14 AM, snoopdawg said:

I only ever met Paultain online but I felt like I knew him; for me is the Godfather of Ladyboy Mongering. Back in 2011 I was a member of a lot off different boards as I prepared for my first trip to Pattaya (which would also be my first solo trip) and I my third to Thailand. At that time I was only dabbling in the dark side but two BM's stood out amongst their peers as they were openly posting their LB experiences on the mainstream boards (Pattaya addicts etc). One of those was Alaskan Bear and the other was the legendary Paultain. He introduced me to LBP where his Trip Reports stood out amongst everyone elses as they weren't just a clinical list of conquests and fucks but real adventures, mixing mongering with mainstream activities. His ethos became something I would try to emulate and he was kind enough to write me a detailed guide that I'll post below. I picked up his self-published book - it used to be on sale in Cantebury Tales and all profits he gave to a Thai orphanage - and although the writing was lacking in professionalism and truthfully the printed word is not a good a format at Boards / Blogs (that allow different media to be inserted) it was still an entertaining read. I got the impression that his was a life well lived and I'm sad that I never got to meet him in person; a light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

The Paul Tain Experience a great read for any monger young or old , i actually bought my copy from the Canterbury Tales .

Pictures of book and three more classics from my library . 

20221015_172325.jpg

20221015_173157.jpg

20221015_172545.jpg

20221015_172620.jpg

20221015_172658.jpg

• Like 2