Sweden seeks to lure Thais (or perhaps not!)

Quietguy

17 hours ago, sydneyjohn57 said:

I don't know that it is fake.

The white tick in blue circle next to the poster of the article means that Fartbook has verified the poster. Also the link provided is valid: I just went to Sweden . se and followed the links on the site to it.

I thought it was genuine too, except that the post beneath it was something about Sweden co-operating with Thailand about exporting bugs, which sounded dubious.

And @Seven does tend to claim any reports about Sweden are fake (see his response to Sweden's increasing covid infections!). He has learned from Trump! :biggrin:

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if this were true - according to the Statistics Sweden the 2020 fertility rate for women was 1.67.

This is below the required 2 to maintain the total population numbers.  Without immigration Sweden's population will decrease, which is bad as the taxpayer base will shrink so less funds are available for their social services.

This is quite similar to the demographic time bomb facing China and a number of other countries with low fertility rates.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 2:01 PM, rxpharm said:

This is quite similar to the demographic time bomb facing China and a number of other countries with low fertility rates.

Scotland is different to the rest of the UK in having a declining working age population. One of the reasons the Scottish Government opposed Brexit and say they want more migrants.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, sydneyjohn57 said:

I don't know that it is fake.

Apparently its legit.

7 hours ago, Quietguy said:

And @Seven does tend to claim any reports about Sweden are fake (see his response to Sweden's increasing covid infections!). He has learned from Trump! :biggrin:

No point in discussing covid infections with you. You don't believe me anyway.

7 hours ago, rxpharm said:

Without immigration Sweden's population will decrease, which is bad as the taxpayer base will shrink so less funds are available for their social services.

Well, the professionals we took in the last decade from Somalia and Syria( i e Iraqis) contribute as much as a ladyman in Patts to the national welfare system, but thats a whole other discussion. I rather have buddist thais than jihadist to be honest. You say a thing like that in the west you are immediately branded a racist which is far from my beliefs. Western Europes integration has failed miserably and is to no gain for anyone.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, seven said:

I rather have buddist thais than jihadist to be honest. You say a thing like that in the west you are immediately branded a racist which is far from my beliefs. Western Europes integration has failed miserably and is to no gain for anyone.

Right on the money Seven :drinks:  I think Merkel has a lot to answer for .

• Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, seven said:

Fake, QG. As an investigating journalist you should know better and check your sources.

After reading the piece I admit it looks legit. 

13 hours ago, seven said:

Apparently its legit.

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

thanks Seven! quite the funniest comment i've ever read.......

Except that @Seven now admits it is genuine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Fake news in India is inducing people to bathe themselves in cow feces to prevent the spread of the plague.

I seem to recall some price twat  suggesting to inject disinfectants. Have you noticed how peaceful and sane the political stage is now? Sweaty Teddy and Lumpy Hannigan still stirring the pot though.