No Vaccine For Aussie Expats

Pdoggg

The Australian Embassy in Thailand has responded to requests by Australians living in the Land Of Smiles that there will be no assistance for expats or other Australian citizens to be vaccinated in Thailand. Given the snail-pace response of the Thai Government and the age of some of the expats retired in the Kingdom, it was an important request. But the embassy responded with a normal ‘non’ answer…

“Australians here (Thailand) and in other countries around the world may be covered by the vaccine roll out program in their current location.”

Recently the Australian government announced that it had contributed 68 million baht to support Thailand’s vaccine program to ensure a swifter vaccination for Thai citizens.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/australian-embassy-snubs-aussie-expats-but-australia-donates-68-million-baht-for-thailands-vaccine-efforts

• Like 2

While I think Australia has handled this pandemic, especially their citizens, lets say not so good, this is resonable. Expats should find their needs where they're at, imo.

Problem is they cant go home to get it as they face 5 years in prison. You couldn't make shit like this up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-30/australians-flying-home-from-india-could-face-five-years-in-jail

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 3:22 AM, seven said:

While I think Australia has handled this pandemic, especially their citizens, lets say not so good, this is resonable. Expats should find their needs where they're at, imo.

Problem is they cant go home to get it as they face 5 years in prison. You couldn't make shit like this up.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-04-30/australians-flying-home-from-india-could-face-five-years-in-jail

Personally did nearly 4 months in lockdown, I think overall we have managed things fairly well here in OZ. No complaints.

Life is pretty much back to normal for now due to the small sacrifice most people have made.

Capture.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azza33 said:

Personally did nearly 4 months in lockdown, I think overall we have managed things fairly well here in OZ. No complaints.

Good to hear you are ok.  I wouldn't have been ok with a 4 month lockdown. We hardly had any restrictions during the pandemic whatsoever. People followed recommendations.

• Like 1

Officials announced that private hospitals will offer the two shots of the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine for a maximum of 3000 baht total. The Government Pharmaceutical Organisation expect to order Moderna first in the process of importing vaccines for paid usage, according to the Private Hospital Association. The GPO will act as the middleman because manufacturers generally only work with governments.

But a timeline has not been announced. Yesterday the Public Health Minister estimated the Moderna vaccine will arrive in Thailand in the last 2 quarters of this year.

All the medical facilities in the association agreed to price match, placing the vaccine on the Commerce Ministry’s price control list, and expect that the price including all taxes fees and insurance will be no more than 3,000 baht. The vaccine itself cost about 1,200 baht per dose, and hospitals are putting together an insurance package in case of any side effects for allergic reactions with The General Insurance Association and the Office of the Insurance Commission. The coverage would be around 90-100 days from the first injection for about 50 to 100 baht.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/private-moderna-vaccine-price-set-at-under-3000-baht

1 hour ago, stoolpusher said:

I received an email today from my insurance company stating that they will cover the cost of the vaccine if there is a charge and if I am unlikely enough to get covid, my insurance company will cover All hospital expenses.

That's good reassuring news for you SP,  nice one.  :drinks:

19 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

Having to pay or not I will be getting the required shots as soon as its available 

Same same here.   Would rather get a jab than buy ladydrinks or eat farang food.  

It's possible that the cost of the vaccine will be less than the policy's deductible but that's not going to impact the decision to get it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Same same here.   Would rather get a jab than buy ladydrinks or eat farang food.  

It's possible that the cost of the vaccine will be less than the policy's deductible but that's not going to impact the decision to get it. 

Well put Mr. P

9 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Would rather get a jab than buy ladydrinks or eat farang food.  

Get it. Was just sayin its free in other taxpaying parts of the world. 

I don't need a phone anymore, 5G is excellent. Unlimited.