3rd Wave Of The Plague

Pdoggg

5 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

don't worry Jimmy... as long as we stay well away from Country and Western 'music'? we'll be okay.

It stopped being called country and western music about fifty years ago, Grrrrr! And for that little faux pas I think you should be made to suffer through this :obscene:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It stopped being called country and western music about fifty years ago, Grrrrr! And for that little faux pas I think you should be made to suffer through this :obscene:

oh dear....... i love the Highwaymen Jimmy! they do good stuff.  don't tell the cowpoke though....

dunno what others think but to me they are country.... c/w is a different thing.. cowpokes shaggin' steers... my women done left me for a hoss... that sort of thing.

what say you QG? i be a-reckonin' that you are the expert... remember i'm asking about c/w, not other areas of your expertise, covid and statistics etc...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Johnny Cash and Waylon Jennings have gone to be Ghost Riders in the Sky, Willie Nelson still going strong at 88, Kris Kristofferson is 84.

Do try and keep up QG - I meant the original Highwaymen (as posted - Gypsy Davy) not these Johnny Come Latelys. Surely you strummed along with'Michael Row theBoat Ashore' ! Oh well - Back to Covid ! 5555

2 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

This thread started out very interesting but like a of other threads it has gone way off topic

yup...lets have another covid topic to go with the other 436. lets all carry on speculating,guessing, and repeating what's all been said so many times.

it's all more boring than watching rice grow or paint dry..

• Like 1

https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40000576

what I find interesting is the implication that some may get back to good ol FUN!

"

Pipat also said the ministry is still maintaining the original July 1 launch date of its Phuket Tourism Sandbox as “the campaign will serve as a pilot programme for other provinces, therefore it needs to be implemented as soon as we can”.

Under this scheme, tourists who can verify they have been inoculated against Covid-19 and test negative can fly into Phuket and move around freely without having to quarantine.

Similar schemes will be run in other top tourist destinations such as Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Krabi, Phang Nga and Koh Samui later, once more people have been vaccinated and preventive measures are put in place there."

of course he KNOWS that few of those places can ever achieve said vaccination levels, but hey why let logic interfere. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JustSumGai said:

once more people have been vaccinated

We're looking at years for thais to be vaccinated. Come october when they realise it cant be done, they'll probably ditch the plan 

and try to think of something else. Another new travelbubble maybe. :biggrin:

• Like 1

On 5/7/2021 at 2:37 AM, lance2546 said:

I agree. 

Many folks seek out information that reinforces their individual biases, an echo chamber if you will (Similar to a few guys here- The USA is evil, all other countries are perfect, 555!)

We have lost the Age of Enlightenment dictum of "I disagree with what you say, but I respect your right to say it." Now is morphed in to "I disagre with what you say, so shut up!" 555.

BOT, I saw this video of how to get through to anti vaxers. Their doctor is the key...

Mmmm, another person being quoted as saying Israel is doing something great, as doing a great job with vaccinations. Maybe they are but they were slow to bring the population to heed the danger of Covid. They have a population of about 9 million so easier to cater for than larger countires. They are only just bringing the death toll to a halt. I guess with the control that the Jews have over US policy it is no wonder that praising comments like this are made. And before you say I am antisemetic, ( a term you hear everyday),my mother suspects that my fathers mother was Jewish, which means I must have Jewish heritage. So there!!!!.

(By the way, if you have some spare time, watch the debate between Christopher Hitchens and a Jewish Rabbi on youtube. An interesting discussion.)

Maybe if he had quoted New Zealand and Australia as being role models he would be more on target. They took steps much earlier to control the spread of the virus. Australia has been a bit slow in vaccinating people,(only about 2.6 million out of 25 million so far), but the death rate is nil and has been for some time. Same as New Zealand.

Israel has a problem with vaccinating Palestinians. Very few getting the jab. Perhaps they need to heed the decision that Thailand has taken to vaccinate falangs. Hope that does not change?.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Woodie said:

Mmmm, another person being quoted as saying Israel is doing something great, as doing a great job with vaccinations.

They are only just bringing the death toll to a halt. I guess with the control that the Jews have over US policy it is no wonder that praising comments like this are made.

The have though, but only the jewish part of the population.

14 hours ago, Woodie said:

Christopher Hitchens

Love him.

2 hours ago, seven said:

The have though, but only the jewish part of the population.

Love him.

Yes, a great shame Christopher is not around now!.

Also I did mention the lack of vaccinations for the Palestinians in the last sentence.

Here we go again. These 3 in the clip saying that SNL should apologize to the Jews. Come on, what the hell???.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 1:17 AM, Woodie said:

By the way, if you have some spare time, watch the debate between Christopher Hitchens and a Jewish Rabbi on youtube.

By the way, if you Woodie have some spare time watch some videos of Nazis putting Jews in ovens at Aushwitz. But maybe you approve of that? Maybe you think the Jews should apologize to Nazis?

May you get your wish that Islamic fundamentalist rule the world. They really respect guys that love ladyboys :biggrin:

You guys mock the USA but you all are all narrow mined hypocrites. I got along here until I questioned Quiet Guy's statement  that he wanted to visit Cuba before the USA destroyed the country. I merely asked why but that was too much push back for Quiet Guy. He, Seven and Woodie doubled down, all Americans are evil, the world was perfect before the USA.

Really?

The UK exploited the world with an empire that the sun never set on. The Vikings made a living on raiding and murdering every one they could. Who knows where Woodie is from; hating the USA gives meaning to his miserable life.

Shaking my head, its a waste of time trying to reason with the bigots named above...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lance2546 said:

By the way, if you Woodie have some spare time watch some videos of Nazis putting Jews in ovens at Aushwitz. But maybe you approve of that? Maybe you think the Jews should apologize to Nazis?

May you get your wish that Islamic fundamentalist rule the world. They really respect guys that love ladyboys :biggrin:

You guys mock the USA but you all are all narrow mined hypocrites. I got along here until I questioned Quiet Guy's statement  that he wanted to visit Cuba before the USA destroyed the country. I merely asked why but that was too much push back for Quiet Guy. He, Seven and Woodie doubled down, all Americans are evil, the world was perfect before the USA.

Really?

The UK exploited the world with an empire that the sun never set on. The Vikings made a living on raiding and murdering every one they could. Who knows where Woodie is from; hating the USA gives meaning to his miserable life.

Shaking my head, its a waste of time trying to reason with the bigots named above...

Wow!, you are puting words in my mouth, and you sound really wound up about it?. I dont hate the US and also dont have a miserable life. I may dissagree with their policies from time to time and their political choice of leaders, but we can all do that I guess.

Dont think I ever said I approved of the Nazis putting Jews in the ovens?. By the way they also put many others in the ovens such as mentally handicapped and others they thought to be of no use to them. I must say I have always puzzled over the way that Jews have been persecuted through out time. Never been able to find out the answer. Lets face it, most wars through history have been religious based but the Jews in particular seem to be the ones singled out more than others.

The Jews appear to have an inordinate amount of influence over American policy and receive a large amount of US finance. Must be a reason for this?. Would it be their position in the Middle East, as a buffer from the Arabs?. They were given the land now called Israel by the United Nations in 1948, mainly due to the prompting by the US under Truman. The UK was not so keen. A map was drawn up and it was divided between the Jews and the Arabs. Nice of them to do that!.

Anyway Lance, have a Koolaid and calm down. I think reasoned debate is useful, calling people bigots is not!.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, lance2546 said:

This is too stupid to even respond to.

Like Woodie says you are putting words in to our mouths. Someone really must have rattled your cage today.

Don't be as ass, last word lance. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Since we're talking about Israel..........Israel will be compensating the wives of the two dead Thais killed in the recent bombing 6,000 shekels and other compensation to the worker's kids.  The two Thai workers were killed by Hamas but are covered by Israeli insurance.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Since we're talking about Israel..........Israel will be compensating the wives of the two dead Thais killed in the recent bombing 6,000 shekels and other compensation to the worker's kids.  The two Thai workers were killed by Hamas but are covered by Israeli insurance.

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

6,000 Israeli Shekels would be about 58,000 Thai Baht. Not that much for a life.

I didn't know that there were so many Thais working in Israel, apparently usually around 23,000.

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2021/05/20/thais-killed-by-rocket-in-israel-part-of-large-workforce/

The compensation  for the widows is 60% of 6,000 shekels monthly for the rest of their lives or until they remarry.

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 10.22.35.png

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...