3rd Wave Of The Plague

Pdoggg

Thailand is entering the third wave of COVID-19 infections, with the disease spreading widely and most of those infected asymptomatic. By the time symptoms start, they will become very sick and have to be admitted for treatment, according to Professor Dr. Thiravat Hemachudha, head of the Center for Emerging Disease Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, Chulalongkorn University in his Facebook post today.

He cited the drive-through COVID-19 screening, being conducted by the Ramkhamhaeng Hospital since April 1st, which shows that about 9% of those tested were infected, adding that most of the infected had visited entertainment venues.

Dr. Thiravat said that venues, such as pubs and bars, are ideal for spreading COVID-19 because most visitors do not practice self-discipline, do not observe social distancing and tend to spend long hours in the crammed space, which often has poor ventilation.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailand-entering-third-wave-of-covid-19-infections-dr-thiravat-hemachudha/

Third wave???? 

Thailand's covid infections more like a ripple in a pond than a "third wave" compared to USA.  People here think 50K infections per day, and positivity rate of 10% is reason to totally open up everything, and return to normal.

Your drinking, partying, and sexing life in S.E. Asia may suck right now, but at least you don't really have to worry you might be dead in the next 2 weeks because some jerk refused to wear a mask when you are grocery shopping.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandiUno2 said:

you don't really have to worry you might be dead in the next 2 weeks

Yes.  But as the West gets vaccinated and if Thailand lets in those who are vaccinated/protected but can be asymptomatic Typhoid Marys the tables could turn with the USA being safe and Thailand at risk.

One big risk is that infected Bangkokians could return home for Songkran and spread the plague nationwide.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Quinn said:

Bars shut down at 11.00 pm tonight. Next week maybe 9.00pm. ???

Excellent on the ground reporting Khun Quinn!  Guess Pattaya has shifted from a Yellow Zone to and Orange Zone as Bangkok has shifted from an Orange Zone to Red Zone.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Thailand is entering the third wave of COVID-19 infections

The UK variant.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thailand-confirms-first-local-cases-135249800.html

7 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Yes.  But as the West gets vaccinated and if Thailand lets in those who are vaccinated/protected but can be asymptomatic Typhoid Marys the tables could turn with the USA being safe and Thailand at risk.

There are some dreamers thinking they will be able to enter Thailand with proof of vaccination before thais are vaccinated. Hopefully that will not happen.

• Like 2

On 4/7/2021 at 9:04 AM, Pdoggg said:

One big risk is that infected Bangkokians could return home for Songkran and spread the plague nationwide.

Well, you could have re-located to a former portuguese colony where the historical respect for life was basically non-existent, and continues to this day.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/07/americas/brazil-covid-19-record-daily-deaths-intl/index.html

• Like 1

Kind of typical to what I see here from time to time. Power hungry nobody's who have become the self appointed Covid Police, believing they now have some sort of power over people. Usually happens at my local Tesco. I feel sorry for them in a way, the people who exercise this unfounded sense of overwhelming authority are generally high school failures, whose lives haven't turned out anywhere near how they had hoped and this is their last bastion of trying to be important in society.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

well said Ciobha. We have hundreds of them here too.

this covid insanity has brought out the worst in human nature... Many happily sitting in thier rooms thinking 'i'm all right Jack' while not giving a damn about others thrown out of work, not being able to feed families etc etc.

Spot on the pair of you  :drinks:

• Like 3

I believe this pandemic has given rise to a large number of people getting their 15 minutes of fame.

TV programmers go scouting for anybody that can attempt to throw light on anything to do with covid. From the delivery guy with the vaccines to the top medical experts in this field. 

In Australia we have for example the head of Health in NSW, who it appears was responsible for the disaster with a cruise ship spreading covid last year. All seemingly swept under the carpet. Now he stands behind the Premier nodding his head when she is speaking. Probably thinking,"thank god I got away with that one".

I have never heard so much that is worth so little at times with this covid thing.

I know it is not easy, but even here we have such a disjointed vaccination programme. With a population near 25 mill, it was planned to have 4 million done by the end of March. Medical staff, old peoples homes etc, then over 70's. They are still struggling to finish the medical staff.

There is a licensed lab supposed to be producing the Astra Zeneca vaccine in Melbourne. Coming out in dribbles!. Of course we now have the scare stories about blood clotting after receiving the Astra vaccine. Every vaccine has its problems, yes even flu vaccines.

We used to poke fun at the US for its very slow uptake in fighting the virus. I think we are no better!. 3rd world countries are doing better in the vaccine rollout. We have done well in restricting serious cases and deaths,but need to have the vaccines administered far quicker. Businesses are suffering, we cant travel overseas etc etc.

If you were cynical you might think that there are forces at work trying to manipulate the scenario to further there own interests.,eg governments keeping citizens at home so that money is not taken offshore.

Yes, I am shitty about the whole thing. A year ago I thought we would be back in LOS by November 2020, now it may be early 2022!!!.

• Like 3

Quite right Woodie. I recall a commentator here recently stating about Chris Whitty (Chief Medical Officer) and Patrick Valance (Chief Scientific Officer) - "These guys should be looked at as nerds in bad suits, providing the Government with factual data, and then going back to their office and let the elected officials decide on our course of action based on the provided evidence. Instead, they are rolled out day after day to each press conference, like rock star celebrities, and they are  beginning to enjoy the limelight a little too much"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JustSumGai said:

A huge road safety billboard has been put up at a cross intersection near home for Songkran, the problem is you have to be half way across the intersection to see around the sign before you go through 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Police in Bangkok are on the hunt for the owners of 2 nightclubs considered ground zero for a third wave of Covid-19 currently spreading around the country. The Krystal Club and Emerald Thonglor 13, in the capital’s fashionable Thonglor district, are currently closed, with the managers of both sentenced to 2 months’ imprisonment. However, officials are now attempting to track down the real owners of both establishments.

Nation Thailand reports that the authorities are examining ownership and shareholding documentation related to the 2 venues, after police chief Piya Tawichai confirmed a cluster of Covid-19 infections is believed to have spread from the clubs. The managers of both venues have been charged with violating the emergency decree and disease prevention regulations, with the Bangkok Municipal Court sentencing them to 2 months’ imprisonment on April 9.

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/bangkok-police-tracking-down-owners-of-thong-lor-clubs-where-virus-resurfaced

• Like 2

There is no third wave, nor was there a second wave.
Because of increased and unnessessarly testing eyeryone they artifically increase the infection rate.
The Flu 2017/2019 was much more lethal the this corona bullshit and nobody cared..
There must be a deeper agenda behind it.

Texas and Florida lifted all Corona restictions. What happened? Nothimg!
They're well withinn the infection rate of the other states with lockwn and face masks.
Don't believe me, check yourself .

https://usafacts.org/visualizations/coronavirus-covid-19-spread-map/state/texas

• Like 1

oh no, it was Duncan's post that swayed them :)

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of the "it's a hoax, it's no biggie, etc" stuff.  NOTHING ANY of US say has the power of a fart in a category 5 hurricane when it comes to policy. 

trying to convince others is just stupid. For every proof there is an equal and opposite one.

I do shake my head at stuff they do, like Laos locking down the country over THREE CASES, wtf? it's not ebola.  But to start posting "here's my PROOF!!!" links.  Stupid. Oh, and annoying.

are the Flat Earthers still around?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1