Josh P - The Giving (ex-?) Monger

Rom

This may at first come across as an ominous induction into the Hall of Legends, but it is a fully deserved one that was forthcoming sooner than later to the bar owner who took it to the next level of in-bar mongering experience: I am talking about Josh Pitstra the quiet, unassuming Dutchman at the helm of Baby Boom A-Go-Go that, while it lasted (2012-20), was Thailand’s wildest ladyboy bar ever.

Josh’s business model was simply allowing staff and customers to have FUN without caring that he might be giving away too much of a good time for the price of a few drinks. This made for a one-of-a-kind “Baby-Boom hands-on experience” made all the more incredible by the composed presence of Josh and his beloved Pooh sitting steady at their stations while surrealistic scenes of ladyboy-farang debauchery were being staged all around them.  That’s how we will remember Josh here at the Hall of Legends: a Live and Let Live, Giving kind of Legend.

Unlike most Pattaya expats, Josh never brags about his exploits or posts them online, so nobody really knows how much of a monger he is or ever was since he first arrived in Pattaya in the 1990s and started out with a GG bar.  It’s also not known how much he is or was into ladyboys since despite all the action at Baby Boom he made sure to always cast himself side-by-side with Pooh his GG love for many years.

Unfortunately, as of this posting, Josh is suffering in a hospital bed in Pattaya and hopefully will get a chuckle out of this Hall of Legends induction, but what he really needs right now is HELP with traveling to Holland on a special assisted medical flight that costs more than he can afford.  If you can give any amount at all to our community's Giving Legend please do so by using this link:

https://gogetfunding.com/help-josh-from-baby-boom/

Thanks Josh for all the fun times at Baby Boom.  It was LEGENDARY.

Rom

505270118_JoshHallofLegends3.jpg.fe1d964789d7fbe409d32868ea51aa22.jpg

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

An update from Andy:

Hi Everyone,

Not a lot to report as visiting is not possible due to the Covid situation. however I am regularly in contact, and still run a few errands.

Return to Holland is pretty much forgotten about now, and focus is on quality of life for Josh. The nursing home has been a very good solution, short term, as it has lifted a weight from Poo.

Josh's spirits are up, he was joking last time I had him on video chat.

The next plan is to move to Poo's parent's house near korat. She is fitting a new aircon, and will have a hospital bed put in. This will come from the fund. Time passes quickly and with the nursing home at 40k baht per month (+meds) the money won't go on forever.

Will update when the move is sure.

• 2 weeks later...

556058767_josh4.jpg.5246e151f4e653485f019a7987b0f012.jpg2 months after starting this thread, it is with much sorrow that I post here for the record that Josh passed away 2 days ago (May 29, 2021) of the bone cancer that had striken him.  His death was announced by his neighbor-pal Hideaway Andy who was with him through the end and it was first reported to our Board by Duke in this post:  http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/818-baby-boom-updates-and-photos/&do=findComment&comment=204671&_rid=10259

I am not deserving of posting words of eulogy for Josh as he and I only ever briefly spoke a few times, but here goes a fond personal memory I would like to share:  Despite all the visits I made to Baby Boom over almost a decade, we both kept the distance and I never introduced myself to Josh as Rom.  Starting in 2016, the Baby Boom ladyboys all started calling me "Pokemon" and would yell it incessantly the moment I showed up so perhaps Josh never made the connection.  Once when he wasn't looking I placed a post-it note with a caricature I drew of (PY's BM) Colywob ladyboy-fucker extraordinaire on a sign that said "Colywob corner" and I fully expected the caricature to be removed and trashed the moment I stepped out.  But no! It was still there when I returned a couple days later and on my next trip several months later.  I guess Josh liked it and I am grateful that he made sure no one touched it.  I took hundreds of indiscrete pics at Baby Boom but avoided pointing the camera at Josh who sat dignified by the counter monitoring and DJ-ing as in the rare pic above.  His beloved Pooh was never too far away... and was with him through the end.  That's how I will remember Josh: dignified at the helm and committed to Pooh.  Rest in peace old friend.

2000916781_josh20193.jpg.51609e145c6217e792aa73fd6b4b65c4.jpg

290750863_josh6.jpg.78988823c3e87ad7610721e6c444fe3a.jpg

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Rom said:

556058767_josh4.jpg.5246e151f4e653485f019a7987b0f012.jpg2 months after starting this thread, it is with much sorrow that I post here for the record that Josh passed away 2 days ago (May 29, 2021) of the bone cancer that had striken him.  His death was announced by his neighbor-pal Hideaway Andy who was with him through the end and it was first reported to our Board by Duke in this post:  http://www.ladyboyreview.com/index.php?/topic/818-baby-boom-updates-and-photos/&do=findComment&comment=204671&_rid=10259

I am not deserving of posting words of eulogy for Josh as he and I only ever briefly spoke a few times, but here goes my fond personal memories I would like to share:  Despite all the visits I made to Baby Boom over almost a decade, we both kept the distance and I never introduced myself to Josh as Rom.  Starting in 2016, the Baby Boom ladyboys all started calling me "Pokemon" and would yell it incessantly the moment I showed up so perhaps Josh never made the connection.  Once when he wasn't looking I placed a post-it note with a caricature I drew of (PY's BM) coliwob ladyboy-fucker extraordinaire on a sign that said "Colywob corner" and I fully expected the caricature to be removed and trashed the moment I stepped out.  But no! It was still there when I returned a couple days later and on my next trip several months later.  I guess Josh liked it and I am grateful that he made sure no one touched it.  I took hundreds of indiscrete pics at Baby Boom but avoided pointing the camera at Josh who sat dignified by the counter monitoring and DJ-ing as in the rare pic above.  His beloved Pooh was never too far away... and was with him through the end.  That's how I will remember Josh: dignified at the helm and committed to Pooh.  Rest in peace old friend.

2000916781_josh20193.jpg.51609e145c6217e792aa73fd6b4b65c4.jpg

290750863_josh6.jpg.78988823c3e87ad7610721e6c444fe3a.jpg

Dont know if there will ever be a bar like that again? Josh was one of a kind!. RIP.

And yes, the infamous Colywob is mentioned. Dont know if his reputation and comments he made were true or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodie said:

And yes, the infamous Colywob is mentioned. Dont know if his reputation and comments he made were true or not.

They are true alright, plenty of people there to witness the antics going in 'Colywob Corner', he even had a plaque in the Boom :biggrin:

I am also pretty sure he has been in Pattaya for the last seven months or so, and I doubt very much this Covid crap that has devastated the bar scene there has thwarted his fun too mutt. :wink:

IMG_20210531_145701.jpg

Glad you made the above post Duke because it gives me the cue I needed to tell a good story about good times at Baby Boom.  I see no better way to celebrate Josh than to evoke good times with good stories.

Let me start with Colywob, who when I was at PY was the only monger I would tip my hat to in terms of online showmanship.   This is not to say he was the greatest monger or the best contributor, just that whenever he posted he got my attention, which is not something many BMs at PY got.  Colywob was not only a ladyboy fucking machine, he showcased it magnificently.  With XXX pics of himself with his face visible.  Topping and being topped.  Sucking and being sucked.  Tongue up the anus of any sissy who would spread it for the pic.  There are dozens such pics at PY.  He was not one to write long or witty TRs.  Straight to the action with 1 or 2 jaw dropping pics per post.  He even served as a farang XXX model for the official photographer of the PY regime who then posted himself the pics with colywob.

Now to Baby Boom:  I like to think I was the one who pushed the online limits of what took place at Baby Boom with my own pics I shared at PY.  That does not mean I was the pioneer of taking liberties with the ladyboys.  Other punters were doing it at Baby Boon and even before at other places like Stringfellows where I once saw a ladyboy impale himself raw on a punter's schlong in plain view of everyone.   What I think I pioneered at Baby Boom and at PY was the sharing of impromptu action pictures which not many mongers care to shoot when among the alternatives are sucking or getting sucked.   I was for example the first to post pics of my drinks being stirred with ladyboy cocks, an act that was subsequently usurped by another Baby Boom regular and PY apparatchik.

Back to Colywob: He must have stumbled onto Baby Boom around 2017-18 and instantly made it his playpen with constant visits and samplings of all the staff often in batches of 2 or 3.  Group sex with Baby Boom ladyboys used to be my thing but what could I say?  Colywob took it to a new level. Respect!

My Colywob tribute:   In early 2019 I tried at PY to do a TR weaving my adventures with a tribute to fellow mongers that I considered the living legends of Pattaya and I chose 7 PY BMs who I would cast as "the 7 Magnificient."  I started with Colywob but then my TR immediately got sabotaged when I posted some XXX pics of Lily having sex with me which sent PY's ED-embittered BM into a threadfucking frenzy supported by the oompa-loompas who lifted the no flaming rule on my TR and it became a war zone.   When I defended myself they gave ME! (and none of the threadfuckers) warning points and I had to abhort the TR despite the vast majority of BMembership giving me likes and urging me to continue.  This to say that I never got past the first of the seven magnificents:  colywob!  The irony is that one of the other 6 was one of the oompa-loompas (the K-pop one).  And duke.  I would have pulled his leg big time... 

My Colywob shrines:  I scripted the Colywob part of the TR as a quasi-religious experience that would take me on a pilgrimage to the San Colywob cathedral (Baby Boom) where I would pin my pilgrim's vow with all sorts of interesting things happening along the way (like fucking Lily!).  In my culture we express our religious devotion with personal shrines and I assembled one such shrine to Colywob on a ladyboy I hooked up with prior to going to Baby Boom.  Here are a couple pics.  I think Colywob was flattered.  I would be if anyone went to all the trouble I did of staging something like that for me.

laminas1.jpg.154409d50ca4ccc8dd0fce89753bae85.jpg

laminas2.jpg.222df184384a787151e7c0f85250f7ff.jpg

Did you notice the yellow post-it note with a sketch I made of colywob with a saint's halo and dressed as a barber?  That's because he was the one who always stepped forward to shave the Baby Boom ladyboys on stage and at PY there are dozens of pics of him doing it on different occasions.  So when I finally made it to Baby Boom I ceremoniously attached the little post-it note to the colywob sign that Duke posted above (it's actually not the same sign; Duke's must be an earlier typo as it spells "coliwob" with an "i")

1160660407_colywobcorner.jpg.5336a635f0db6fcb3ec021d174df7557.jpg

That's it guys.  I think this is a good story and that's all I have to offer are good stories to Josh or to anyone who will listen.  I think Josh liked THIS good story because he left the post-it note there until Baby Boom closed for good.  That's the kind of guy Josh was: a PARTY ON! live and let live kind of guy.  His Baby Boom did not bring about world peace or a cure for cancer, but it was a place where it felt better to be ourselves.  Thanks again Josh.  

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

RIP Josh. 

If I remember right, back in 2009 - 2013, this was my timeframe of debauchery within our wee community. I found Baby Boom and settled into it like a home from home. Josh made all of us extremely welcome and I got to know him more with each visit. Like you Rom, I was an avid amatuer photographer back then and as most did, wrote many a descriptive TR accompanied with heaps of naughty pics. 

From shower shows to neon LB painting it was carnage but bloody good fun. Josh would give me the heads up as to what was next on the agenda so I could plan ahead... lol.So I sit here writing this thinking fondly of the time I shared with him back in the day.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SLBT said:

RIP Josh. 

If I remember right, back in 2009 - 2013, this was my timeframe of debauchery within our wee community. I found Baby Boom and settled into it like a home from home. Josh made all of us extremely welcome and I got to know him more with each visit. Like you Rom, I was an avid amateur photographer back then and as most did, wrote many a descriptive TR accompanied with heaps of naughty pics. 

And you took some fantastic photos in Baby Boom and some of who for me was the sexiest ladyboy around at that time. :man_in_love:

I 'bottled' barfining her back then and to my regret she left the scene soon after. 

Did same same when he did come back to work, this time at Surprise Yourself Bar, still kicking myself now. 

Here are a just a few of your photos of Jay, thanks mate for taking the time. :drinks:

IMG_20210625_171822.jpg

IMG_20210625_171625.jpg

IMG_20210625_165529.jpg

IMG_20210625_165341.jpg

There is always hope I suppose :wink:

IMG_20210625_180042.jpg

• Like 3