The Russian hordes

JaiDee

I have a Danish friend who runs a very popular Scandinavian restaurant called Same Same. It's smack dab in the middle of the tourist/backpacker district and in fact right on the road to a beach which is known to be overrun with Israeli's. I asked her once why she doesn't have her menu in English and Hebrew, as is the custom of many others around here; her simple answer? "We don't want Israeli's coming in here!"

Personally I have never had any problems with the people from our 51st state, they seem OK to me although they tend to be very clique-ey; they only stick with one another and rarely want to meet whitey's like me or the Thai's. I guess they are bad or non-existent tippers also [shocking!] and tend to be rude; but again, I have not experienced this myself.

Russians haven't made it out this far yet and I don't think they will for a while, it's not "high-so" enough for them.

• 2 months later...

I was seriously pissed off when jontiem gay beach, a place for single guys to chill alone in peace became over run with russian families drinking beer.

however, when i got back to birmingham and had to shop on a sunday, it felt like i was in kandahar.

give me the russians anyday, at least they are white.

i enjoy checking out the rusian women around the malls early evening. they are stunning.

they are pullable, if you make the start with the talking.

some speak great english, and some not at all. i dont know why.

mate of mine just got back from egypt.

he made the effort to speak, pulled a 25 year old and spent the week with her.( he is 54)

he was told, russians need to have £3000 in the bank in order to be able to travel to europe.

hence, they stick with thailand and egypt etc....

I was seriously pissed off when jontiem gay beach, a place for single guys to chill alone in peace became over run with russian families drinking beer.

however, when i got back to birmingham and had to shop on a sunday, it felt like i was in kandahar.

give me the russians anyday, at least they are white.

i enjoy checking out the rusian women around the malls early evening. they are stunning.

they are pullable, if you make the start with the talking.

some speak great english, and some not at all. i dont know why.

mate of mine just got back from egypt.

he made the effort to speak, pulled a 25 year old and spent the week with her.( he is 54)

he was told, russians need to have £3000 in the bank in order to be able to travel to europe.

hence, they stick with thailand and egypt etc....

good for your mate Ant......Russians who have a Schengen visa can get to Europe easily,but for the UK they need a tourist visa.The British Embassy need to see bank accounts to see theyre not layabouts ,and will indeed return to Russia once thir hols are over.Another great attraction the Russkies have for Thailand is that the Rouble and the Thai Baht are almost identical in exchange value to the dollar/euro....except in Thailand ,everything is a tenth of the cost of Moscow.

They are taking over as the dominant tourists, have you noticed how many shops now advertise in Russian first then English, that was never the case a couple of years ago. Even the Town hall wants to pander to them by knocking down beer bars to make way for hotels and condos.

Too many sois are on the list for destruction including sois 6,7 and 8. Its understandable, they dont spend in the bars but have to pay for hotel and food services, which will take priority in the future.

Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but Thais ain't white.

Errrrr... You obviously haven't spent a lot of time in Northern Thailand Quietguy, there's plenty of Chinese Thais up here who are a lot fairer skined than me mate, take a look at Khun Taskin & little sister Yingluck for example!.. Admittedly a little bit pallid & yellowish around the edges, but they're white skined all the same.

yeah, but they are trying to be. :biggrin:

Yep, that's so true... They don't really like us, yet they want to be us!?

:hi:

It always seems to "baffle" the ladyboys and Isaan gg's I speak too that English girls will "kill" for their olive skin colour and spend hours on an "Electric Beach" and/or cover themselves with fake tan cream.

All I get is "I no like, want white skin", weird

An old friend of mine was as pale as they come & had the nickname of "Whitey" because of it. One weekend's shore leave from the US Navy in Tijuana he & his buddies got stone pissed & of course they had to get tattoos then.

When he woke up the next morning he looked on his forearm & there was "Whity" in big script for all time.

• 2 weeks later...