The Russian hordes

JaiDee

Anyone who has been to Phuket, Pattaya or Samui will notice the unbelievable rise in Russian tourists now coming to Thailand. Hey, who can blame them, we love it here so why wouldn't they?

Can't say I have ever met any save for one hippie girl I know, dating a local D.J.; she seems OK. The men usually seem kind of surly and rude, or at the very least they just stick to themselves; fair enough, strength in numbers and all that and for many their english sucks so they need to be with a few of their friends just to get by.

My question; how are these guys as customers for the Ladyboys? Do they even take them out? Good tippers? Have the LB's chatted with you guys about any of this stuff? I would imagine that by now, years after they first discovered Pattaya, a few have dipped their toes in the LB pool; what was the result?

You really don't hear much about them at all, but oftentimes when we do on Thai Visa or somewhere similar it's in a negative light.

From what I've heard from the ladyboys themselves in Pattaya they do get a fair bit of Russian custom .

It does appear that a certain percentage haven't a clue they are going with ladyboys if some of the bizarre stories I've heard are true .

The demon drink has a lot to answer for :drinks:

Interesting. I was told by a couple of the ladyboys I asked that the Russians rarely come into the bars and spend money, and prefer to buy booze at 7-11 and drink it on the street. I remember asking one of the LB bar owners about whether they'd considered marketing in Russian language and was told the same thing - that they look but don't buy.

Although they clog up the sidewalks the thing I appreciated about them is that some of the them are ugly, surly and fat, but have hot sleazy looking wives/girlfriends. That's something I'd love to exploit on one of the future adventures!

I was sitting in LaBamba last March with Jimslim, Donneykey and a few others, when a couple of young Russian lads came in and went straight upstairs with Cindy and Patti. I remember saying to DK "This will be the shortest short time in history" Sure enough a few moments later they came hurtling down the stairs with horror on their faces like they had been given the electricity bill for Las Vegas. It was quite funny, as BB would say - you had to be there.

That said,the same LB's confirmed that they do get a fair enough Russian trade, and they generally tend to tip pretty big.

In general I find the Russian visitors quite rude. Whether this is just their general demeanor, or simply the language and cultural differences, who knows, but I can't say they have ever done me any harm personally.And IMO, you are more likely to receive a nasty/aggressive comment from a British or Aussie bloke, for being with a LB, than from one of our Russian brethren.

I think that a major attraction of Thailand for Russians is that they don't need a lot of paperwork to come here (I think they can come in with no visa just like the rest of us).

Secondly many Russians have profited by the change in political structure of Russia and they need somewhere to dump their funds. Buying property in Thailand is safer than leaving the money in a Russian bank for the government to see.

But still, why do they come to Pattaya? The beaches are bad, you can't swim in the water. And there is sleeze everywhere, which is great for us but not for a family. Why don't the Russians returning to the motherland tell their comrades to stay away from Pattaya and go to Phuket or Chiang Mai or anywhere but Pattaya??

If I ever find a friendly Russian I'll ask him the simple question: "what are you doing here?"

• Upvote 1

Of all the nationalities that visit Thailand, the Russian women are the most beautiful IMO. :p

Russian men may be a bit brusque but as a New Yorker I'm used to brusque.

The real problem is that Pattaya's infrastructure is bursting at the seams and just can't handle both the Hordes and the Whores. Pattaya is is danger of "behavioral sink".

Having just spent a few months in asia with a russia lady ive had quite an insight into the russian mindset.....its both refreshing and slightly disconcerting.

On the one hand,I find they have an endearing honesty about them,brutally honest sometimes but refreshingly lacking the political correctness that we in the west are almost drowned by.

Their mindset is to a large extent still set in Soviet times,and some of the comments they make are alarming .My gf would translate to me some things she heard other Russians say when we were out....waiters/waitresses were frequently referred to as "lazy dogs" and "monkeys"(in Russian ,obviously).

The men in general appear to be the rudest people on earth,uber-macho and crude.The women however appear to be really feminine and sexy.

The woman I was with was everything I wanted sexually,and according to her it was a woman's duty to please her man and worship his cock(sic)!....who was I to disagree?

Incidentally....I only a few days ago had a conversation with Pattti from Koyo Bar who tells me she regularly services Russian ladies,both single and in relationships who love ladyboy cock....maybe our roving reporter BB could get an interview with said Patti for a Pattaya Times scoop!

Somebody please please tell me how to get a smile out a Russian woman (or at least a glance). What's the secret for picking up a Russian woman who is not p4p?...there must be a way but I think that what I am missing is due to cultural differences that I don't understand. Possibly they would notice me if I sat at a sidewalk cafe in the morning with a beer? or fell off of a Baht bus into traffic because I'm too drunk to hold on? Oppps, sorry, that's beginning to sound like a stereotype...my bad.

Also, I am finding that I no longer step aside when 4 of them are walking toward me shoulder to shoulder on the sidewalk.

I'm a little bit curious about the red borsht that is for sale in the Central food court. I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

hmm, I'm getting a little bit cranky....maybe I just need to get some proper attention today :spiteful:

Somebody please please tell me how to get a smile out a Russian woman (or at least a glance). What's the secret for picking up a Russian woman who is not p4p?...there must be a way but I think that what I am missing is due to cultural differences that I don't understand. Possibly they would notice me if I sat at a sidewalk cafe in the morning with a beer? or fell off of a Baht bus into traffic because I'm too drunk to hold on? Oppps, sorry, that's beginning to sound like a stereotype...my bad.

Also, I am finding that I no longer step aside when 4 of them are walking toward me shoulder to shoulder on the sidewalk.

I'm a little bit curious about the red borsht that is for sale in the Central food court. I'm definitely gonna give it a try.

hmm, I'm getting a little bit cranky....maybe I just need to get some proper attention today :spiteful:

Hi RJS....the place to meet russian women is in the shopping malls-they lurve to shop....most of the hot russki women do seem to have men with them,but there are a few to be found.There also seems to be many more of them in Jomtien,and a few words of Russian would be good to break the ice...Priviet,kag dilla....govaru par angleski ? Hello,how are you,do you speak english? will maybe do the job.......failing that,ask Patti from koyo bar how she manages it-555-good luck RJS,Nice meeting you in Pattaya recently...

Somebody please please tell me how to get a smile out a Russian woman (or at least a glance). What's the secret for picking up a Russian woman who is not p4p?

Wondered this many times myself, Rocket....I've always been a sucker for blonde hair and long, slim bodies and a lot of Russian girls look like that; kinda Swedish-looking, yummmm. I think they can tell right away when they look at a guy like us, whether from the US, UK, AUS, etc, that we are not one of "them". Seems they prefer their own; musclemen with crewcuts and the surly attitude, prolly just used to that by now.

A friend of mine who runs an LB website is 1/2 Russian and speaks the language; when I last saw him in Pattaya about a year ago I said "Lets go and meet some Russian girls" and his reply was "why would you want to do that?"

Good replies here, I can remember back to like 2003 or so and there were hardly any Russkies in Pattaya at all; when I was there last January for 3 nights they seemed to be in the majority. I haven't had any negative meetings or experiences with any of them, but they do seem to be in a world all their own.

And I guess as long as the LB's get their going rate, be it 1000 or 1500 or whatever, they don't care what the nationality is.

In the Philippines, most Russians are from the East (places like Vladivostock)and the reason they are here are twofold:

1. It's a relatively short flight from the East coast of Russia to the Far East and

2. It's f...ing cold overthere during winter - where would you rather be, Pattaya at 32 degrees or Vladiostock at minus 32 degrees?

As for not understanding lbs, I have told the story on another forum of an lb friend of mine who spent a whole day with a young Russian guy and when the time came to go to his room, had to break the news that she was not quite what he was expecting. He thought about this for a bit, came to the conclusion that he had would try the dark side but didn't enjoy it, so paid my friend 5000 baht (I seem to remember)and went on his way, a wiser man. The next evening when I was having a drink with O, her phone went and it was the Russian who said that since he was obviously crap at differentiating between ggs and lbs, could he hire her for one hour so that she could tell him which was which before he bar fined another lb...

In the Philippines, most Russians are from the East (places like Vladivostock)and the reason they are here are twofold:

Which also raises the idea that we are only seeing a certain segment of Russia in Pattaya. If we only visited trailer parks in the US, we might draw an incorrect conclusion about all Americans... :shok:

Russian men and theire older wifes - rude, crude and inconsidered. Young Russian girls - yes, sexy looking. But as far as I am concerned I hate them all. Try to stand in line and wait for a bus to go to Jomtien, well good luck, you will find there is always a bunch of them, male and female, that will come out of nowhere an cut the line by pushing and shoving, and once on the bus dont expect them to move closer together to make room for other passengers.

On the beach in Jomtien I noticed that the Thai who rents out the beach chairs kept sending Russians away. After watching this for a few days I asked him why, he said: Russians dont buy anything from him, no food no drinks, they buy everything across the street at 7/11.

So far for Russians spreading big money around. I think they come to shop, because Thailand is cheap for them and because Russia gets pretty cold.

I am finding that I no longer step aside when 4 of them are walking toward me shoulder to shoulder on the sidewalk.

I found that was a great barometer of how I was doing internally. When I started gleefully shouldering into the folks that were ignorantly and inconsiderately monopolizing the sidewalk by walking 2 or 3 abreast, then I knew I was losing my own inner peace. Didn't mean I stopped doing it, but at least I was aware that I was now being a dick.

Hard to resist though.

There's a significant minority of Russians where I live & the women generally have a reputation for being blonde (no matter if the carpet matches the curtains), often beautiful & extremely materialistic.... the really hot young ones frequent the bars & clubs that the investment bankers go to.... they are recognized as real sharks.

In fact the most expensive apartment ever sold here recently did not go to a Rupert Murdoch or Wall St type but to a 22 yo single Russian girl who's papa is one of the new Russian oligarchs (mining, fertilizer, etc..) Paid $88 million US for a 7,000 square ft on the park.

They are all about the money. Must have to do with their recent past when they weren't allowed any & now they are bingeing or hunting for a way to marry it. The new Russian middle class are the tourists that we keep bumping into around Patts & I for one wonder how they are going to change it, probably not for the better since they seem to be coming as families & couples.

I guess the Chinese will be next..... at least they have better food.

I found that was a great barometer of how I was doing internally. When I started gleefully shouldering into the folks that were ignorantly and inconsiderately monopolizing the sidewalk by walking 2 or 3 abreast, then I knew I was losing my own inner peace. Didn't mean I stopped doing it, but at least I was aware that I was now being a dick. Hard to resist though.

Whilst I admire your sense of wa, I find myself unable to follow suit. An indication of how I feel about inconsiderate people is my generic name for a Russian man - Ivan Buggaroff.

It was only today when composing a text message to Thaibound about the rude Russians on his bus that I realised that I had misspelt my nickname for the Russians. It is, of course, Ivan Buggarov with the plural being Ivan Buggarovs.

I guess that it helps to have a sense of Russian history to understand why I find that funny!

I think Pattaya is crawling with Rooskies moreso in the winter months. Makes sense since its so cold in the Motherland. After a few weeks in Thailand, I find myself staring at some of the hot Russian minx. About 90% of the time they are with some crazy Ivan who looks like a royal schmuck. Many of them sporting the schmuck look of socks while wearing sandals!! That cracks me up!!! The girls are hot, hot, hot though.......

IMO

When the AID crap hit the West in the nineties the Euro/USA headcount started to drop quickly as the word Thailand/Pattaya became a bad tag in conversation and so the obvious place to market Pattaya was Russia with its new wealthy mafiosi and so on.

Some European resorts didnt advertize in Russia period as they lower the tone and are/were looked down upon... this may have now changed but the word has got out that there is one warm water resort that will have them , and its cheap.

If you look in the Thai travel agents brochure copy it lists groups in code that are loved or not wanted. No Arabs but Israelis welcome ( or the reverse) ... just take a look the next time your in a travel agent if they will let you see the secret copy that is. Some brochures just list the groups that they want , Japanese , Koreans , in other words ... dont sent any white arse Westerners

European/North West Russia is not a liberal thinking place in terms of sexuality or race its seems( black footballers are not allowed in the St Petesburg team for example) and maybe a man with slavic features would rather be seen dead than fratenising with a Ladyboy. Maybe it will change as they have a growing tranny scene now in Moscow and beyond

I would think any smart Russian would do hsi LB loving away from prying eyes. (IMO)

NOTE

If Oil jumps to 200 bucks a barrel expect the Russian count to swell even more. Lets face it if it were not for the natural resources these guys would still be ploughing the fields.