Livestreams: The New Normal ? How Do You Feel About It ?

Rom

Let me start by reminding everyone that I awarded the 2020 Bar of the Year and 2020 Bar Owner of the Year Romscars to Sweethearts and Youngone precisely for their pioneering of the livestream concept that I thought was a win-win idea to keep ladyboys employed and our monger community engaged.  So I am NOT predisposed against livestreams and I assure all BMs I eagerly watched them (Sweethearts, CIB, Emmy’s, Delirious,…) and bought far more lady drinks than I would if I had been sitting at the bars for the same amount of time.

BUT NOW,  I think I’m done with it …   The novelty wore off and I feel I am just spending more money than I should even if it is to help the ladyboys get some income and the bars stay in business.  I am also troubled by the fact I expose too much of my real identity by watching on facebook and paypaling…

What do other BMs think?

• Like 2

I have zero interest in watching 'livestreams' from any bar in Pattaya whether they be LB or GG tbh. 

I don't have a clue what is happening in the BKK bars because I have no intention of visiting them.

The idea of watching ladies posing, trying to be erotic or placing objects in their orifices via a 'livestream'  is neither a 'turn on' or a 'novelty' for me personally, but I do wish the girls well in their current plight. 

Charity begins at home (UK) in my book, and it will continue to do so. :hi:

I will add that the only 'livestream' I do watch is via YouTube and is that of Edward Sweeney aka 'Steady Eddie' on a Wednesday night at 10pm (UK time), a guy who is well travelled in SEA and South America over the last 20 years B)

• Like 2

From the beginning, I thought that livestream was launched to please bar addicts ad it would become more addictive to viewers who are not able to stop. You've got all the ingredients to make it addictive : ladyboys, bars (for those who like bars), and above all : screens  (screens and internet can be addictive without adding anything) and last but not least : guys open a window to the bar, pay but don't find the atmosphere they are used to. I'm not sure they get gratitude for the money they send. 

Helping bars or ladyboys can be done directly without using livestream. This is sponsoring. 

In this period of lock down during which one may have time to watch ladyboys, I find it smarter to find new locations or new contact opportunities with ladyboys. Livestream can be used to what the atmosphere looks like in a bar. It's better than videos made in an old guy's cellar. However, I noticed that bars often post pics or videos to show their customers are having fun. I find it strange to pay for this kind of advertisement. 

• Like 1

A++ for effort. Especially being innovative during these difficult times..

A lot of Western guys like to go to strip clubs. Watch a white woman strip and then they go home with blue balls.

Not my thing.

If my dick can't be in the mouth of one of these lovely ladies within the hour...... its not really for me.

• Like 2

To recap: That’s 5 BMs so far who are not keen on live streams, and only one of those BMs (moi!) admitted to buying drinks…  usually I spent 20-30 euros in drinks in less than an hour for … let’s face it:  nothing! as I made sure to hide my Rom identity, so it’s not like I can even get credit for it.

I would like to share some observations from the 4 livestreams I followed :

Check Inn Bar was live streaming long before Sweethearts made it a covid-surviving business model.  At least since mid-last year, which was when I first watched it on their FB page.  The stream was just the girls playing pool or dancing their shifts (with glimpses of BKK sexpats in the background).  I think the possibility of paypaling drinks (160 Baht a pop) only came later and that’s also when they started performing for the camera.  I haven t watched since last year because I never know when they are going to be on…

…and btw, even before CIB and before COVID, I remember watching soi 6 GG bars livestreams with the hoes offering to go 1-on-1 on whatsapp...

(The) Sweethearts Bar took live streaming to another level and that's why I awarded them the 2020 Romscars:  instead of FB, they hosted the livestream in a professionally designed website with a sharp well-delineated screen area, a scrolling chat-room, Jimbo hosting the chat, and multiple squads of 3 ladyboys at a time who perform more lewdly than any other of the livestreams.  I watched today and Jimbo bragged there were 250 online viewers.  I was monitoring the drinks bought and it averaged rounds of 3-4 drinks every 3 minutes…  Let’s say 60 drinks per hour, or like 150+ for the duration of the livestream.   At 140 a pop, that’s 21,000 Baht gross for the night, which may be better than on a good night prior to covid (at Sweethearts; probably not KRUS).  I am somewhat concerned that if my calculations are accurate, the bar-owning types may decide it’s more profitable to livestream than to run a bar, which would ruin mongering as I knew and enjoyed it.

Emmy’s Bar jumped on the FB livestream bandwagon more recently knowing that it has a small but captive audience at our Board.  However, with only 3 ladyboys (including Emmy herself) their shows are relatively repetitive.  The upside is that, unlike the other streams, you can interact directly with any of the 3.  I did my best to liven up their shows using different FB accounts each time…but it saddens me how few drinks they were getting and I could not possibly be the only one making up for it so I am pacing myself and not engaging in flirting with Teya and then buying drinks for all 3...

The Delirious Bar livestreams are a mystery.  They started at about the same time as Sweethearts, but without any of the fanfare.   Unlike the competition, they are never advertised in advance at our Board (despite the Club) nor at PY.  And yet, it’s a fun livestream to watch with 2 punters bankrolling 90% of the drinks… I guess Herberth knows what he is doing.  Cheers!

That all I know folks.  And I don’t think I will be watching and learning much more hereafter.  To liven up the thread I started, here are a couple nice screen captures from live stream moments that caught my attention…

Rom

krus.png.27fb52b21a4440e7c69b56e67f2b88d4.png

Jimbo.png.9d4db37de211f5d53254e1914c3f9e8b.png

emmy9.png.dc90dcc01477c751393f8188ee64ea8d.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rom said:

To recap: That’s 5 BMs so far who are not keen on live streams, and only one of those BMs (moi!) admitted to buying drinks…  usually I spent 20-30 euros in drinks in less than an hour for … let’s face it:  nothing! as I made sure to hide my Rom identity, so it’s not like I can even get credit for it.

I would like to share some observations from the 4 livestreams I followed :

Check Inn Bar was live streaming long before Sweethearts made it a covid-surviving business model.  At least since mid-last year, which was when I first watched it on their FB page.  The stream was just the girls playing pool or dancing their shifts (with glimpses of BKK sexpats in the background).  I think the possibility of paypaling drinks (160 Baht a pop) only came later and that’s also when they started performing for the camera.  I haven t watched since last year because I never know when they are going to be on…

…and btw, even before CIB and before COVID, I remember watching soi 6 GG bars livestreams with the hoes offering to go 1-on-1 on whatsapp...

(The) Sweethearts Bar took live streaming to another level and that's why I awarded them the 2020 Romscars:  instead of FB, they hosted the livestream in a professionally designed website with a sharp well-delineated screen area, a scrolling chat-room, Jimbo hosting the chat, and multiple squads of 3 ladyboys at a time who perform more lewdly than any other of the livestreams.  I watched today and Jimbo bragged there were 250 online viewers.  I was monitoring the drinks bought and it averaged rounds of 3-4 drinks every 3 minutes…  Let’s say 60 drinks per hour, or like 150+ for the duration of the livestream.   At 140 a pop, that’s 21,000 Baht gross for the night, which may be better than on a good night prior to covid (at Sweethearts; probably not KRUS).  I am somewhat concerned that if my calculations are accurate, the bar-owning types may decide it’s more profitable to livestream than to run a bar, which would ruin mongering as I knew and enjoyed it.

Emmy’s Bar jumped on the FB livestream bandwagon more recently knowing that it has a small but captive audience at our Board.  However, with only 3 ladyboys (including Emmy herself) their shows are relatively repetitive.  The upside is that, unlike the other streams, you can interact directly with any of the 3.  I did my best to liven up their shows using different FB accounts each time…but it saddens me how few drinks they were getting and I could not possibly be the only one making up for it so I am pacing myself and not engaging in flirting with Teya and then buying drinks for all 3...

The Delirious Bar livestreams are a mystery.  They started at about the same time as Sweethearts, but without any of the fanfare.   Unlike the competition, they are never advertised in advance at our Board (despite the Club) nor at PY.  And yet, it’s a fun livestream to watch with 2 punters bankrolling 90% of the drinks… I guess Herberth knows what he is doing.  Cheers!

That all I know folks.  And I don’t think I will be watching and learning much more hereafter.  To liven up the thread I started, here are a couple nice screen captures from live stream moments that caught my attention…

Rom

krus.png.27fb52b21a4440e7c69b56e67f2b88d4.png

Jimbo.png.9d4db37de211f5d53254e1914c3f9e8b.png

emmy9.png.dc90dcc01477c751393f8188ee64ea8d.png

As you know Rom depending on the live feed stream " Facebook , YouTube or own website " the girls can be limited on how much they can get up to , I know FB and YT both have very strict nude rules so for some viewers that can make for a pretty boring viewing night . If I had to pick I would say sweethearts is the best for the streaming and they do get a large number of drinks bought , I have been in the bar when in no time at all 100 drinks have been purchased so they are doing something right. 

As for me ( as posted ) I did look early in the peace to see what it all is about , I am probably one of the odd guys out here on this fine forum because I have my own hot lady to look at anytime 24 hours  day so no need for me to look at the streams . In saying that Dao and I did watch some of Emmy's feed's when 1 of our girls ( Nut ) was on and Dao did buy a couple of drinks and also some guy bought Dao a drink that night just for fun .

I do wish all live stream Bars good luck in what they are doing and again I hope it at least pays for the rent and so forth to keep owners and staff happy and feed. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Rom said:

the bar-owning types may decide it’s more profitable to livestream than to run a bar, which would ruin mongering as I knew and enjoyed it.

I don't think it's a binary choice.    It was quite interesting to see the Sweethearts show at the bar itself and look forward to seeing the Emmy show on Monday when the bar reopens.

How many guys do you think are having a wank while watching the livestreams?

On Chaturbate I'd guess 90% of the guys are jerking off but my guess is that it is less than 10% on the bar's livestreams.   

6 hours ago, Rom said:

only one of those BMs (moi!) admitted to buying drinks…

No one has admitted to jerking off either.

I think the main motivations for buying livestream drinks are the relationship one has with the bar's management team and wanting to buy a drink for a ladyboy you had sex with. 

I think long after Covid livestreams will still be around as a way to connect with your favorite barowners and favorite girls.

• Like 2

I'd like to see em on forays out and about, daytime even...walking along the beach, cavorting, volleyball anyone? Food runs? We'd see the surrounding area too. Like that youtube chan the ladyboy in Isaan runs showing her lil projects.  Only so much mugging for the camera, jiggling and pool playing one can watch.

• Like 3

On 1/31/2021 at 2:02 AM, stoolpusher said:

As you know Rom depending on the live feed stream " Facebook , YouTube or own website " the girls can be limited on how much they can get up to , I know FB and YT both have very strict nude rules so for some viewers that can make for a pretty boring viewing night . If I had to pick I would say sweethearts is the best for the streaming and they do get a large number of drinks bought , I have been in the bar when in no time at all 100 drinks have been purchased so they are doing something right.  

This is a good point but I do't believe that FB or Yt censorship should be a problem. I don't know whether FB can censor a livestream live, but just supposing they can, these smart guys having invented livestream should find appropriate media without censorship to do it. They should find a messenger with discussion groups and create a discussion group for their livestream and voila. 

PS: I haven't watched a livestream so far and am not going to watch one. I or my partners have no time for many video calls. We keep in touch and are happy to chat when we can. 

• Like 1