This is better than all the Romscars in the world

Rom

... never thought I would be saying that, but I am

also never thought I would be saying "There is a God" but there is! 

Thank you God

1603514433_trumpaccountsuspended.png.4a6eeff0ae07de244956bc00b403b730.png

PERMANENTLY !!!

Edited by Rom
plus God loves me finding new ways to shaft him more and more painfully every day for the last 2 months ...
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

I suppose that social media such as a cooking forum or a forum devoted to third world transexual sex workers are akin to a small business.  If someone walks into a bakery and defecates all over the hot cross buns they are going to be swiftly booted from the premises.

Twitter and Facebook are more like public utilities where the threshold concerning free speech is different than at a Mom and Pop business.   I would imagine that many god fearing Americans are uncomfortable with how society has changed and perplexed that the President of the USA could be silenced while the young lady shown below can play on the girl's basketball team. 

But at the heart of the matter the Capitol insurrection was not really about the election but rather the support of the POTUS who dared to air white grievance.  Trump will go away but not the ignorant racists who believe that that an undocumented Mexican busboy is more of a threat than the billionaires who have gamed the system.

I don't fear the wrath of god and welcome her load in my mouth.

• Like 1

As much as I personally despise Trump, it's un-American to censor and block free speech.

To me it's very suspicious that he gets blocked when he attacks the system.... but calling for violence against Iran or some other situation is not censored.

silicon Valley and 90% of the US media is censoring him and attacking him at every turn and NEVER covering positive things Trump has accomplished......like notabley he never started a war!! Even when he fought for $2000 for American people the media criticized him!

There is very real evidence of a coordinated effort to shut up the guy who promised to "drain the swamp". He is not establishment, and so the establishment used all means to crush his every move. Very suspicious and makes even me, who is antiTrump, get pissed off..

The backlash against this by right wing will be immense. And rightfully so. Remember, 70 million plus people voted for him.

• Like 1

81 million people voted against President Trump, unless you believe his claims that the vote was "rigged".

"Free speech" has always had limits in the USA, and most other democratic countries. When the leader of the country calls for crowds to mass at the capitol building on January 6, and then encourages them to march on the building to halt the process of announcing and confirming the results of the electoral college votes - that is not draining the swamp.

Social media companies have made it clear that there are limits on what can be posted - however, I do agree with you the rules are not evenly enforced so there needs to be a review on this and they are made to follow consistent standards.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

WTF @ The-Sith ?  The Twitter ban is NOT about censorship...  Trump remains free more than any other person on earth to express whatever he wants and be heard  ...  He can if he wants issue press releases from the POTUS/White House (or as an ex-president from Mar-a-Lago) which puts him above all censorship and he can call press conferences and be on national/worldwide TV at a moment's notice.  This is not someone being censored The-Sith!  This is a Twitter user being subject to the same rules as other Twitter users and the only thing Twitter did wrong was allowing him to disregard the rules for so long.

What the Twitter ban did was finally curb his power over the kind of people who stormed the Capitol by showing them Trump is POWERLESS to do anything about being banned and that Trump is not above rules, such as losing elections and deciding he does not have to abide by results.  Such was the nature of the Trump brand that is now busted:  he did not follow rules and not only he did not pay a price for it, he profited from it. 

Trump just lost 88+ million Twitter followers plus many more millions who (like me) used to check in to read his tweets without wanting to be counted as his follower. Trump can start over from scratch at another lesser platform but it would take him many years to regain anything close to that kind of audience and he will have to do it from the FRINGES of social media with all the other whackos with much smaller audiences ... For a man who lived his life as @realDonaldTrump, he is now irreversibly EMASCULATED.   The pack of spineless Republicans who submitted to his every whim for 4 years are also now starting to turn on him further exposing his powerlessness.  Without Twitter, Trump is not Trump anymore.  Good riddance!

On a personal note, seeing the Trump Twitter page blanked like that gave me a strange moment of relief and elation.  From now on, NOT having to listen to/about that man every single moment of every single day.  Can you imagine?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Rom said:

What the Twitter ban did was finally curb his power over the kind of people who stormed the Capitol by showing them Trump is POWERLESS to do anything about being banned and that Trump is not above rules, such as losing elections and deciding he does not have to abide by results.  Such was the nature of the Trump brand that is now busted:  he did not follow rules and not only he did not pay for it, he profited from it. 

Well said, Rom. Trump is history, you need to worry about his two-faced enablers and the easy lead mob they attract.

• Upvote 1

Twitter, and other media were censoring him for many reasons, including his claim that there was election fraud. As dangerous as it is to make that assertion if it's not true, it's SIGNIFICANTLY more dangerous to cover it up (I'm not saying there was election fraud). That's why we have freedom of speech.

I guess just like Pence who chose US systems over his political allegiance, I'm chosing US freedom over my political allegiances. 

• Like 2

If something is untrue, demonstrably so, why is it wrong to disallow publication of that lie on a channel owned and managed by a corporation or person interested in truthful publication only? It is up to the owner/manager of the site, surely.

I cannot see your logic here, Mr Sith.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 1/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, Rom said:

(...) the Twitter ban [ ... showed his followers ...] that Trump is POWERLESS to do anything about it and that Trump is not above rules  (...)

For a man who lived his life as @realDonaldTrump, he is now irreversibly EMASCULATED.   (...)  Without Twitter, Trump is not Trump anymore. 

(...) From now on, NOT having to listen to/about that man every single moment of every single day.  Can you imagine?

One week later, and as I had predicted:   Without Twitter, Trump has gone silent, not even attempting to use other platforms.  Maybe he is too proud, or lazy or dispirited, ... who cares?   He is neutered and isolated ... 

meme-trump.png.5135a9dd6fb6ea6095256d304d8b1f88.pngtrump-whole-world-laughing.jpg.96fcea0aedcf2db3b282832f20b36cbb.jpg1118939854_trumpimpeached.jpg.2196d70cedf2b91872b997125d5461dc.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1